How did YOU play?

• Do You know what means punctuation mark "?" ?

Do you know what an Elephant is?

• We won our last match 4-0! So that's our second win this season. Nice to finally win a couple of matches. Everyone in the team played quite well.

For me it wasn't quite the great game I was expecting.. it wasn't bad either though.

Reception was very shaky, defence was great, block was too and float servo got us a couple of points.. jump serve wasn't too good with two errors our of three.

Attack had lots of ups and downs. Sometimes my arm would relax and I got some great spikes in. Two very powerful diagonal spikes especially come to mind. Especially the second one felt like a load fell off my shoulders as it has been so long since I hit such a clean hit with good height, top spin and power. I'd follow that up with spikes into the net though and I knew it was because there was tension in my arm, but I just couldn't relax.. obviously the more you try to relax, the more you don't. It's very weird, you line up the spike perfectly, but then your arm is just late and you just watch the ball drop.

It'll be good to have some time away from the game with X-mas and all.

• Alright triple update:

We keep on winning! Played the club I used to play for, which completely murdered us last time (4-0, with one set ending at 25-14). We beat them 3-1! Could've been 4-0, but we lost the last one 27-25 after leading. I had worked on my technique the last couple of weeks and it finally paid off. I had lots of height in my attack. Didn't make many angles, but the height was enough to consistently hit the top of the block and score most of my attacks. Was pretty easy to score a bunch of tips as they were all in the back of the court expecting another ball to be deflected off of the block.

Had a couple of good serve runs. I like to take a lot of time for my serves (5 seconds) and just find a passer I'm going to serve at and stare at them for the 5 seconds before I serve. This gives them lots of time to think (which generally is not a good thing in sports.... e.g. why Time Outs work to end service runs). Anyway, the opposing team didn't serve at me at all, as they apparently thought my reception was really good (really hasn't been that good this season).

Pick up quite a lot of balls in defense and had one jump serve ace.

Of course it couldn't be a great match, so at the end of the set I hit two balls wide and one into the block after which I substituted, but oh well.

Anyway; next match; have an event from work which leaves me feeling like a zombie. I play the first set and it's okay, until I hit 3 balls wide in a row and am substituted again. Don't return to play except for a short half rotation for passing. We win the match 3-2! We lost against these guys 4-0 last time as well and they even had better players this time. I really wasn't happy about not playing... yesterdays practice session I spiked away all the frustration though.

Anyway, we're steadily climbing ranks now the we've won our last 6 matches in a row. In my 20 year volleyball career I've never seen anything like this. First we lose 11 matches in a row and now we've won 6 in a row. For a large part it has to do with the fact that we saw ourselves as favorites before (as we were relegated from a higher league) and now we regard ourselves as the underdog :)