How did YOU play?

• Thanks! :)
    The coach gave a month off now, to fully rehabilitate the ankle, so I won't play until the end of the month, and then we are going to Zagreb(Croatia) for an international tournament(Trofej Zagreba - 27. - 29.5) to finnish off this great season! :)

We are waiting for a report :D

• OK, nice topic.......

I am playing in hamburg in the local league. My position is setter. In the last couple of years we used to play on a very modest level,coaching ourselves and playing without big ambitions. But anyway, being on the court, you always want to win. So somehow, and with the help of some new players on crucial positions, we managed getting promoted two times in a row :thumbsup: . The new season we will play in the highest possible hamburg league but here our journey will definitely end.

The new season will start in September and we are slowly starting preparation. We even could convince a new coach to take us over. It was really fun to watch the whole team practicing quite intensively to impress the new coach. But that passion will be really needed, if we don't want get relegated in disgrace. I will keep you informed :P .

• Cool, do keep us informed. Are you still a strating player in your new team? So if you'd get promoted again, you'd move to a larger region than just Hamburg?

• OK, nice topic.......

I am playing in hamburg in the local league. My position is setter. In the last couple of years we used to play on a very modest level,coaching ourselves and playing without big ambitions. But anyway, being on the court, you always want to win. So somehow, and with the help of some new players on crucial positions, we managed getting promoted two times in a row :thumbsup: . The new season we will play in the highest possible hamburg league but here our journey will definitely end.

The new season will start in September and we are slowly starting preparation. We even could convince a new coach to take us over. It was really fun to watch the whole team practicing quite intensively to impress the new coach. But that passion will be really needed, if we don't want get relegated in disgrace. I will keep you informed :P .

Unfortunately, there is a lack of professional men's teams in northern Germany. I don't know the situation in the regional leagues in Hamburg, in Bremen it was not that impressive. Could you, please, tell me which is the highest league in Hamburg, so that I can make some comparison? I am asking because with my university team we also took part for one year only in a regional league in Bremen (2009-2010), but there were several more levels higher in promotion.

• Cool, do keep us informed. Are you still a strating player in your new team? So if you'd get promoted again, you'd move to a larger region than just Hamburg?

last year i was starting player all the time for the simple reason, that i was the only setter in the team. For the new season we are going to have a second setter in the team and i really appreciate this. Sometimes you really need a break from your lousy receivers and slow attackers :lol: .Furthermore, we will always have two matches per day and there will be enough playing time for both of us.

If we will promote once more we would play in Regionalliga Nord, which includes teams from Schleswig-Holstein and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. But as i said, we will be happy, if we hold the league.

Here http://www.volley.de/ns/hvb.php3 you have a survey over the upper german league system.

• Unfortunately, there is a lack of professional men's teams in northern Germany. I don't know the situation in the regional leagues in Hamburg, in Bremen it was not that impressive. Could you, please, tell me which is the highest league in Hamburg, so that I can make some comparison? I am asking because with my university team we also took part for one year only in a regional league in Bremen (2009-2010), but there were several more levels higher in promotion.

In Hamburg, the Verbandsliga is the highest league. The level of playing varies from region to region. For example In Bavaria or North-Rine Westfalia the level of playing is surly higher than in smaller federations like hamburg or bremen. There are more teams and more competition.

Regarding professional men´s teams, its really a sad story. Some clubs tried hard here in hamburg in recent years, but in the end they all had to give up, because they could not generate enough money. :down:

• Yes, but I don't know if a team will take me to play. In my city there are no teams (there only the under)
    If i found a team I will play... Of course XD

I've discover the nearest team to me is in "serie d" and they have already start the training.... I know some players even if they are not from my city and my ex phisical education's teacher (who was a colleague of the team's coach) always said to me that if he have seen me play, I would like my way to do it. Maybe I will try to join the team

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I play as an OH or an Opp. Both are OK because I like the feeling in men's matches that wing spikers can handle both sides. In my opinion spiking is the best thing on the court!
    I'm not a profession, I play just for fun :)

OK, nice topic.......

So now I understant your signiture: "Never mess with your setter" :D

• I play as a receiver/libero. And no wonder - I'm 1.78 :white: I play just for fun, ofc, but even coaches have told me that I would have been great in beach volleyball.

• I have the possibility to play in an amateur team, that does not play in any championship. I stopped play in a championship almost 5/6 years ago, and I have been playing only at the school and at home. What should I do? Do you think I will join this team?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• I have the possibility to play in an amateur team, that does not play in any championship. I stopped play in a championship almost 5/6 years ago, and I have been playing only at the school and at home. What should I do? Do you think I will join this team?

yes just try it, if you enjoy the game :)

• Yesterday I had the first training after 6 years (and today I can't walk/stand up/sit down, I can only lie in my bed).
    The coach ask: "how did you play"
    Me: "Middle blocker"
    C "MB? So go in 5"
    I went in 5
    C " Do you want to try to play as a opposite?"
    Me "yes" (but in my mind I thought "my name is not Simona")

Then I play just for a little time also as MB

I hope sometimes she will let me play as a setter :thumbsup:

• you have to say to coach you want to be setter, I also did it when he wanted to make me MB and I didnt want :lol:

• Let's see what will happen...

• So Yavor, Ttom, Matthias and Loca how are Your Teams doing? What are Club names, level and results of course?

• So Yavor, Ttom, Matthias and Loca how are Your Teams doing? What are Club names, level and results of course?

Which club do you mean? I guess you've been reading my posts here, but I haven't played in a club since university in June 2010. Has been only occasional practices indoors and beach volley during the summer for me in the past one year. I do need to get back to it again, I am missing it!

• I'm only training but we don't play. I play as MB or OP, it depends... But for me is easy play as MB because I like attack from the middle of the net... A lot of times I jump with a wrong timing when I attack from 2 XD I love serving and I always made a lot of aces.... I am also a reciver and I like my sets XD I like playing volleyball, also if I do not play in a championship anymore.

• It has been a while since I played on a team (20 years), I do coach a high school team of a deaf school at present, so I try to teach my girls that it is important to do all the things in the game, pass, dig, hit, block, set and serve. I have coached them for two years and they have improved, but it difficult to train a setter. My best player could be a full-time setter, but she loves to hit and I want her to do that as well, so I prefer to run a 6-2.

In my two years of playing 1989 and 1990, I was an all-around player. In my second year I was put on the right-side of the net and became the back-up setter when the setter took the first ball. In my third year, I became a setter, which was a very big change, but actually really improved my vision in the game on serve and with offensive plays after digs. Setting was my worst skill and it is now very easy to do. So, it is difficult for me to teach because I just learned it without any teaching.

Currently as a coach of this small high school team (not even enough for two teams for practice), I get a lot of serving, spiking and blocking drills that I get to participate in.

• Good news, I will play again :roll: