How did YOU play?

• Heyho :super:
    good to hear, that you play again :thumbup: . After a little break during last year, i am playing ball again as well. I haven`t really missed the matches on weekends but being out in the gym with the guys once or twice a week is just great.
    I am the oldest now in the team and i used to coach some of the guys on youth level. So if i complain about bad reception they always say " you haven't taught us properly" :lol: .
    Anyway, there is great team spirit and i enjoy every minute. The first match will be in two weeks. Our aim is to promote this year. We will see.......

I will defenitely have a look on Landesliga Bayern as well. (The team site isn't updated yet 8) ). This is surly a good level of voleyball. Hope you will be part of the team. Pack ma's.....

I tried at first at a Regionalliga team (two weeks ago), but they had way too many players, including three setters, and I am still far from my best to start from a higher league. Unterhaching II is two divisions down, but honestly the level is not much worse. The only difference is the much quicker sets the guys from the Regionalliga required. However, I can guarantee to you that the coach of Unterhaching II is waaay better ;) I haven't been registered yet, regardless of the information that will appear on the website. I need regular trainings mostly, for the time being I don't really care about the league.

• Great news Yavor ;) hope u'll be fit and ready soon :drink:

some updates from me :D

Since 2,5 weeks I'm working heavily, combining jogging and gym sessions. Lost almost 5 kilos in combination with proper nutrition :) also I started training with club and already on Sunday we have Croatian Cup qualifications.

Regarding my form it's getting better and better since debuting in June. I praticed a lot during summer through playing beach volley, reception is way better, positioning and moving also improved. Now have to work on quickness but it will come with practices. :) can't wait for matches, that's all :drink:

• You are lucky... I wish I could play too :( I miss it...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Cup qualies r over, we took 2nd place, unlucky... in first 2 matches we played vs 2nd and 3rd ranked teams from last season. Won both quite easy, 3:0 and 3:1 but lost last match to the weakest team 1:3. Reason was lack of match pratice and our condition was really bad. Nevermind, good start of the season, championship starts in October :win:

I tried at first at a Regionalliga team (two weeks ago), but they had way too many players, including three setters, and I am still far from my best to start from a higher league. Unterhaching II is two divisions down, but honestly the level is not much worse. The only difference is the much quicker sets the guys from the Regionalliga required. However, I can guarantee to you that the coach of Unterhaching II is waaay better ;) I haven't been registered yet, regardless of the information that will appear on the website. I need regular trainings mostly, for the time being I don't really care about the league.

Let's have some more spamming over here :) Time for some updates perhaps. It's been a month already since I left Unterhaching II, I never got a registration there. Instead the head coach sent me to Grafing II, which is a small town in the outskirts of Munich, but they play in the Regionalliga (two divisions above). The male team (Grafing) is in the Second Bundesliga. The feet are getting faster, so are the hands, things are getting better.

• Season after the one I described was decent, but not as good. My team was made up out of mainly people I did not like. I did produce the most powerful spikes out of my career this season, but only two games with really good stats. Finished 3rd in the league

Season after that I moved clubs again, due to disliking my team. Team was better, but really didn't like the sets of my new setter, still played a decent season and scored more pipe attacks than in the rest of my 18 year long career! Also some combination attacks, so that was an advantage of this setters game. Finished 3rd in the league

Current season: in a team with a lot of young players and a lot of reall bad players, hence we are ranked last.

Two best macthes (for balance's sake) of this season:

- Played my team from the year before. We lost very badly, but I played a great game. Scored almost all my attacks and all in pretty impressive fashion, also a few good role shots. One particular cross court spike was among the best I've ever produced (lots of height, power and a very sharp angle). Also played well from the right side. Serving was good, both jump serve and floater. Reception was pretty poor, but that was due to one of their players having a pretty ridiculous floater.

- Played a team from a lower league in the cup match. Finally scored a few good series with my jump serve again. This has not happened often since the season I describe in this thread. Spiking was basolutely top notch. Tons of height and power. At the end of the game the opponent was finally able to block me and they all went nuts (because I'm so amazing and they were happy they could stop such an amazing player as myself...) Reception was decent, so was defence and didn't get to block much due to their game consisting of mainly off speed attacks and tips.

I'm stil with my girlfriend that I got back together with after game two of this thread :P We have a house, two dogs, two cats, 4 mice, a car and 8 remote control cars (my other new hobby).

• ^^
    Yeah, lets keep this thread alive. I will post more in the next days. Now, i am too tired from practicing :white:
    Tomorrow, there will be pain everywhere......

• Some updates from me :whistle:

After 12th round we are on 5th place (6-6 win/loss ratio) and I've to say it's good result for us. Most of players are working, we have only 2 practices per week. Start wasn't good with 3 loss out of 4 matches. There was some lack of practices, little unluckiness and refs mistakes against us. We lost opening match to strong Čazma (currently 2nd, last year 3rd), then won in local derby against OK Petrinja (3:0). In 3rd round we led 2:0 vs OK 4 rijeke but lost in 5 sets. I picked finger injury in that match, finger was really swollen and had to miss next match. We lost to OK Nepomuk @home 0:3. Except me, 3 starters were out (OH, MB and OPP) so loss wasn't a surprise. In November we were really good, won 3 matches in row including big victory in Daruvar (last season 1st Division club). 3rd set was our rhapsody as we got it with the biggest margin in all matches, 25:8!

First part of the championship we finished with 2 losses but to top clubs. In Zagreb we lost to leader in that time, OK Medicinar, but refs were tragic and stole points for home team in crucial moments of 4th set. I have to say we losing 11:18 in 4th set and managed to level @ 20-20. We had only 7 players (6+ me as libero) and all guys were extremly proud. In last match OK Gorica (current leader) beat us in straight sets.

Second part we opened with 3rd home loss. Čazma was better with 3:1, simply they were much better, especially in attack and our block was horrible. That was last loss as we beat Petrinja for second time this season in a monster match. My club was down 2:1 and 24:21 but we saved 5 match points for 26:28 in 4th. 5th set we won 15:11. Last Saturday we beat 4 rijeke 3:0 (25:23, 25:12, 25:19) in a great match for us.

You can see standings on this link : http://hou.hr/index.php?rubrika=utakmica&natjecanje=565

Next match we r facing 4th OK Nepomuk. That's crucial match for 4th place, motivation is high as we lost them them @home 0:3 without 4 starters. As I know they signed 2 really good players with lot of experience, they want to win league next season and advance to First Division. During holiday break we also signed 2 first division players from OK Sisak. Big battle expected on weekend :box: :dance4:

Regarding my form and perfromances... I'm satisfied, finally caught that "feeling" and guys can rely on me on reception and defense :lol: at least they'r saying that :rolll:

You can follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/OKQuirinSisak and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/okquirin.sisak

Thanks fo your attention :drink:

• OK, i will follow Kaziyski's example with a little update from myself......

The next two matchdays are already the last ones for this season. These two matchdays will take place in our gym, that means we still have four matches to play.

We haven't lost a match in this season but due to a chaotic schedule we still play our hardest rivals twice. Last weekend they dropped their first three points. We are all too lazy to calculate, so our plan clearly is to beat them twice, then everything will be clear.

The overall level of the league is quite poor and no one of us wants to play another year here. We hopefully will have a lot of spectators (for our league level) and i am really looking forward to it.

Personally, i feel very well in the team. As i said above, matchdays are not that important anymore to me but when i am needed, i am there, of course.
    So i share playing time with the other setter of the team. For the coming matches, our coach will have a tough choice for setting position. It will be experience vs. better blocking (i am experience 8) ). In the other elements we are more or less on same level.

Lloy Ball once said, that he learned in Japan how to set real precise, otherwise no one could have killed a ball there. I feel a bit the same now. Our OH are quite small, so giving them a one on one or a "perfect" set is really necessary.

I will let you know about the outcome.....

• my pisition Middle-Blocker :super:

We finished 6th this season,i hope next season will be better for us.. :S we 're gonna have a new chairman and new coach too,so let's see!!

• Awesome to see this thread is still going.

Anyway, last season we finished last and I really didn't play well. It is really different playing with lesser players. There are matches when you only one or two good sets and it is really hard to have a good game. I still had the occasional great spike or jump serve series though. Anyway as we finished last we're playing in a lower league this season. We only train once a week, which suites my availability fine (lots of work these days).

Two players left our team so we're even weaker and which is shown by the fact that we're ranked last in this league as well! We've only won one game this entire season.

The first three matches of the season I played really well; good reception, defense and scored most of my attacks (not super powerful, but powerful enough).. didn't help the outcomes of the matches much. Anyway had a string of bad matches lately, even though my level of play at practice was really good. I think i finally figured out that it was due to just to much tension in my body. I've been letting go of the tension and just relaxing and it seems to be working a treat. *next bit is best read while listening to epic music* I feel like I'm currently at about 90% of my best level..; can't wait to face some of the teams that humiliated us earlier on in the season.. back then I was at about 40% of my best level.. so it's basically pay back time 8o as childish as that is... that is how volleyball seems to work though; a lot of times it's just not your day.. but then sometimes it is and right now.. the day is mine.. and all that is left to do is to hang back as I watch how my body lays waste to the feeble defenses it faces in this league.. this may be the last time for me as I'm no longer the youthful player I once was.. but it matters not.. as today is today and tomorrow is mystery. In fact today is not today.. today is everything and there will never be not today... there will be defeat, misery and suffering.. but it will always be today... and as I've endured enough suffering it is now time for the the universe to balance itself and that just happens to mean success.

So yeah, very much looking forward to the rest of the season; will keep you posted.

• Interesting video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?…=UUm7y6GXZMxB3fny4-IL803g

From where have You Macgyver's penknife?

Cat.. Dog.. Something with lights in Eyes behind window.. why the Dog has so visible ribs / very sweet muzzle by the way ? How often do You give something to eat the Dog? :D

• Interesting video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?…=UUm7y6GXZMxB3fny4-IL803g

From where have You Macgyver's penknife?

Cat.. Dog.. Something with lights in Eyes behind window.. why the Dog has so visible ribs / very sweet muzzle by the way ? How often do You give something to eat the Dog? :D

Oh man hahaha that is classic. okay where do I start, because of course I cannot tolerate such isolence.

okay, if you think you're the first that has come up with the 'joke' of asking how often my dog gets fed then you are wrong. The default answer is: it's a sight hound; a whippet to be precise, google it blah blah.

There is no such a thing as a 'penknife', it is called a pocketknife.This is one of the Swiss kind (Victorinox), which can buy.. well everywhere.

Thanks for complimenting on my muzzle, really much appreciated, except for the fact that I have no idea what you're talking about.

• 1. Having such dog You always may say- I give him food regulary but who knows if You give or don't.
    2. According to prof. Google Translator word penknife exists.
    3. I meant Your dog's muzzle, You aren't in my type.. probably.. but I'm not suprised that You took that to Yourself because I read that Noone DutchMan is 100% hetero :lol:

• 1. Well there is nothing suggesting that you are terrorist right now, but honestly who knows, you totally could be
    2. Apparently you're right, but that doesn't mean that it's not a stupid word that you choose because you only type in English and never actually speak the language (I do, which makes me exactly 1 million times better than you in this case)
    3. Dude, your mom is a muzzle. I think you're trying to say that I'm taking your comments personally, which makes me h@mosexual?? I'm not totally certain that there actually is a connection between being gay and taking things personally. But yes I suppose I'm taking this too personal, but you are too (adding smileys to convey sarcasm doesn't count) so I'm going to subtract a point from both of our flame war scores

phew

• lo

Human uses such sentences shows that is bumpkin. Are You?

Human uses such sentences shows that is bumpkin. Are You?

lol our logic is impeccable.

People that use the word bumpkin are generally Nazi smurfs. So at what point in your life did you decide to become a Nazi smurf? I find the Nazi kind especially intriguing.. I mean there's some many other different kinds of smurf to choose from.