• Rock in Rio is a series of rock festivals held in Brazil and later in Portugal and Spain. There may be additional festivals in either Mexico or Colombia.

Three incarnations of the festival were in Rio de Janeiro, in 1985, 1991 and 2001, four in Lisbon, in 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010, and two in Madrid in 2008 and 2010. The shows were organized by Brazilian entrepreneur Roberto Medina. In 2011, Rock in Rio will take place in its original home, Rio de Janeiro.

Rock in Rio has been the largest music festival in the world, with 1.5 million people in the first edition, 700,000 in the second, about 1.2 million in the third, and about 350,000 people in each of the 3 Lisbon editions.

Rock in Rio in numbers
    The "City of Rock", the place where the event was held (which was built for the festival) covered an area of 250,000 m² (around 2.7 million square feet)
    1,600,000 liters of beverages were served, using 4 million plastic cups.
    900,000 hamburgers.
    500,000 pizza slices.
    McDonalds sold 58,000 hamburgers in a single day, which was a Guinness World Record.

The full list of artists who performed at Rock in Rio

23/09
    Katy Perry, Rihanna, Shakira, Elton John

24/09
    Nx Zero, Stone Sour, Capital Inicial, Snow Patrol, Red Hot Chili Peppers

25/09
    Metallica

29/09
    Ke$ha, Jamiroquai, Stevie Wonder

30/09
    Lenny Krativz, Shakira

01/10
    Jay Z, Coldplay

02/10
    Evanescence, System of a down, Guns N'roses

45 days left for Festival..

Official website: http://www.rockinrio.com.br

I'm sure of that it will be a fantastic festival and I want to be there ;(

I wonder live performance of Shakira & Rihanna and Red Hot Chili Peppers of course :teach:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Oh man... Fantastic stuff. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Snow Patrol, Guns N' Roses, Metallica and SoaD :cheesy: I wish to be there!

• I have seen live already: RHCP, Metallica, Snow Patrol, Kate Perry, Lenny Kravitz, Evanescence, System of a down :teach:

METALLICA :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: Red Hot Chili Peppers :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:

• Yaaaaa! :) Im really happy that Rock in Rio is back to Rio!!! Finaly!!! :)

All the tickets were sold out in one weekend!!! I was so sad that time I could not buy it! :(

But the demand was so big they decided to make an extra day! So I manage to buy a ticket for that! :) So Ill be there and Im very excited! :)

another infos...There will have 2 main stages: one, the biggest one called "Palco Mundo" (World stage) where will have the main groups. The other called Sunset, it was build with the idea of promoting meets between different artists. The only exception will be the english singer Joss Stone, that will be the only one that will have her own show in this stage (Its the day Im coming!!!!:)))) )

There is also an eletronic tand, and the biggest new this edition will be the Rock Street. A street that is being built inspired at New Orleans streets, and will have jazz, in middle of restaurants and bars.

The place called City of Rock will recieve Rock In Rio also in 2012 and 2013, and will also be used during the Olympic Games in 2016! ^^

Here is a video of how will be the City of rock when they finish the last adjustments.

The hole line-up from 2011 Rock in Rio you can find here: http://www.rockinrio.com.br/en/lineup/

• I have seen live already: RHCP, Metallica, Snow Patrol, Kate Perry, Lenny Kravitz, Evanescence, System of a down :teach:

METALLICA :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: Red Hot Chili Peppers :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:

I'm green with envy :whistling:

Red Hots are the best! :super:

• I'm green with envy :whistling:

Red Hots are the best! :super:

Luckily he didn't say Tool or anything related to MJK/ Danny Carey/ Adam Jones/ Justin Chancellor, 'cause that would be way too much for me...

Anyway...I'm really jealous, 'cause Southern America hosts some really great music events like this one and Lollapalooza! Man...Lollapalooza in Chile.... :cheesy: I really want to be there!

• Luckily he didn't say Tool or anything related to MJK/ Danny Carey/ Adam Jones/ Justin Chancellor, 'cause that would be way too much for me...

Anyway...I'm really jealous, 'cause Southern America hosts some really great music events like this one and Lollapalooza! Man...Lollapalooza in Chile.... :cheesy: I really want to be there!

I saw Tool live in 2007 at Pinkpop festival ( I earlier only compared with bands at Rock in Rio :P) :lol: :teach: My ears didn't like it that much, almost blown away by the huge wall of sound :lol: :lol:

• I saw Tool live in 2007 at Pinkpop festival ( I earlier only compared with bands at Rock in Rio :P) :lol: :teach: My ears didn't like it that much, almost blown away by the huge wall of sound :lol: :lol:

Aaaaaa no way!!!!! :rolll: I'm just crushed right now :lol:
    'Holy fucking shit' as MJK sang in 'Rosetta Stoned' :sos: :rolll:

• I have some news, looks like youtube will broadcast all shows on line in their site for the rest of the world. ;) (they wont broadcast only to Brazil, cause of tv rights)

• SOAD and coldplay were the best showss!! guns and roses :down:

• Coldplay is great!!!:)

I really enjoyed Stevie Wonder too, I confess I was impressed, the show was really good! ^^ And how not to get emotional with the Girl of Ipanema with all crowd singing!

I also really enjoyed Joss Stone show, but I love her music so Im suspicious to say..hehehehehehe

• I'm so happy that I can say I'm not jelous :)
    I saw my 3 fav bands on polish this year so Brazil can keep Rock in Rio.
    and I didn't enjoy Coldplay show, it's a little to cheesy for me. But fireworks were nice, I always enjoy fireworks :)