Names and diminutive in various languages

• Thank you a lot Vasilena :flower: Yeah, I also don't think it will be THAT useless, as some people told me :D You know, I feel a little bit incomplete :D I know west slavic language, east slavic...pretty ok, and now I want to speak south slavic to be like a perfect Slav :D
    No, but seriously, I wouldn't really decide to do it, if it woulnd't be at least interesting to me. I know some Polish people who speak some other slavic languages fluently and they don't regret the fact that they have decided to study it, even though some of them don't have anything to do with them now.

You also wanna try slavic languages? Awesome? Which one? :)

Well I think of Russian and Polish, since Serbian/Croatian is too much understandable for me and if I want to improve it even more, I could do it by myself without lectures :D . So I want to know one east and one west slavic language :)

Now I just imagined you talking to me in Bulgarian and I - talking to you in Polish, it would be awesome :lol: :drink:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Hola, Ola! :drink: como estas chica :super:

Priveeet Emil!!!
    Otlichno, ochen' otlichno!!! :D

Well I think of Russian and Polish, since Serbian/Croatian is too much understandable for me and if I want to improve it even more, I could do it by myself without lectures :D . So I want to know one east and one west slavic language :)

Now I just imagined you talking to me in Bulgarian and I - talking to you in Polish, it would be awesome :lol: :drink:

Great! You can always count on me if it comes to Polish! :drink:
    Ahah, yeah it would be a blast! Let's hope it will happen one day! :drink:

• Priveeet Emil!!!
    Otlichno, ochen' otlichno!!! :D

Great! You can always count on me if it comes to Polish! :drink:
    Ahah, yeah it would be a blast! Let's hope it will happen one day! :drink:

Thank you very much, Ola :)

Now I remembered that some years ago I tried to learn French and Polish by myself and it was a disaster :lol: Now I'm waiting to start the year in the university and see if I could catch up this time seriously. :D But it won't be easy,considering that my specialization is another - Russian and Polish would be for pleasure, because I'm really keen on the idea of studying slavic languages since a lot of time.

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• Thank you very much, Ola :)

Now I remembered that some years ago I tried to learn French and Polish by myself and it was a disaster :lol: Now I'm waiting to start the year in the university and see if I could catch up this time seriously. :D But it won't be easy,considering that my specialization is another - Russian and Polish would be for pleasure, because I'm really keen on the idea of studying slavic languages since a lot of time.

Pleasure is all mine! :drink: Well...I think learning languages by ourselves is a little bit difficult. Long, long time ago I tried to learn Italian by myself as well :D I was so ambitious, but it didn't last too long :D I was juuust tragic :lol: I even bought a freakin' dictionary, but I still know just basic stuff! Oh and last year my Italian friends taught me how to swear...that's all I learnt! :lol: But I'll definitely would like to know this language one day! I think it's really nice! Oh and no! Not because I like Italian players! They had NOTHING to do with my decision! Actually I started to 'learn' some Italian when I didn't really like them...especially Gigi, yes I didn't like him :D So he should discourage me! :rolll:

Oh I almost forgot! - Powodzenia with your Polish!!! :)

• My name is Konrad and the diminutive of this name is Konradek. But, please, don't call me that, cause I don't really like it... ;)

I have a friend Konrad and I call him Kondziutek :P

What does it mean? It's a rare name only met in Poland, Germany etc. But I like it very much, it sounds a machine-like, it suits perfectly to a terminator. And the Russian variation Kondrat is even better.

Holy crap. A name like for a cyborg :sos:

Nikolaycho

I love it!

Well, and we want to know what's your name, Bella :D
    Or maybe it's a secret...?

Nah. It's not a secret but I don't really like my name. My name is Ewelina. And all the people drive me crazy calling me Ewelinka, Ewelincia, Ewelka, Ewela, Ewcia, Ewelutka... neverending story.
    In a high school it was even worse 'cause my teacher of Polish language who looked like mix of erotomaniac and Papa Smurf called me Elwira and the worst is that my class liked it so much and called me Elwira also :pinch:
    And my mum killed me telling that she didn't even like that name but she called me Ewelina 'cause it suits to my surname :wacko: Once upon a time was some Ewelina who was a Honoriusz Balzac's lover or something like that and all my life people ask me if I'm connected with her in some way. Oh, shit...
    About my name... My mum also told me that in the beginning she wanted to call me Kasia. Well... Better name but too common and I like originality so it could be nightmare for me having a name Kasia. Then my mum admitted that she liked originality too so before I was born she dreamed about calling me Mamerta :aww: So I should be grateful she called me Ewelina not Mamerta...

I don't wanna know cuz it's may be kinda spectacular coming out if bella will be Roman in real life. :rolll:

No, I'm not Roman :lol:

Konradek... I like it.. Konradek co Mi dziś zrobisz na Obiadek :D

Konradek nie zrobi ci nic na obiadek bowiem Konradek to taki niejadek co nie je niczego prócz czekoladek.

• In Bulgarian Evelina will be Linche or Evche :drink:

• How is it pronounced? I mean especially that "e" on the end.

Hard, wide "e", like "e oborotnoe" in Russian

• Ewelutka lubi spożywać kurze udka. Jak byla malutka to ssala Mamusi sutka. Jak raz na rok zdarza sie ze jest milutka... Ona milutka? To sie nie zdarza Moja Kochaniutka. Kiedys wydawało się że jest Słodziutka ale wszyscy zmienili zdanie jak w niekontrolowanym stanie obcięła swemu chłopakowi ....ka.