Turkish TV series/soap operas

• I'm watching this series now, and yeah, I agree, Alexandra/Hurrem doesn't really seem like someone who'd go on to become the most powerful woman in the empire. I guess she gets better later on.
    Both she and Mahidevran are presented as horrible people, but I'm on Hurrem's side. :D

new girl from Croatia Nora joined harem now Hurrem and Nora playing together to conquer dynasty :))

• I'm watching this series now, and yeah, I agree, Alexandra/Hurrem doesn't really seem like someone who'd go on to become the most powerful woman in the empire. I guess she gets better later on.
    Both she and Mahidevran are presented as horrible people, but I'm on Hurrem's side. :D

No, I dont think they show Hurrem as a bad woman ! Its the opposite ! and to be honest, Mahidevran knew that she cannot be the only woman next to sultan, So her behaviour is unaccaptable but still she is prefered by Valide ! But everyone knows the end of the story, Hurrem will win and thats good. Many people blame her that she is the reason of the end of ottoman empire, but I disagree. Anyway thats another story :D Have fun while watching it ....Is it in serbian or turkish with subtitles ?

• No, I dont think they show Hurrem as a bad woman ! Its the opposite ! and to be honest, Mahidevran knew that she cannot be the only woman next to sultan, So her behaviour is unaccaptable but still she is prefered by Valide ! But everyone knows the end of the story, Hurrem will win and thats good. Many people blame her that she is the reason of the end of ottoman empire, but I disagree. Anyway thats another story :D Have fun while watching it ....Is it in serbian or turkish with subtitles ?

It's in Turkish, with subtitles, it's always like that.
    What Hurrem did to Maria was horrible and she does act really dumb on occasion. But I still prefer her to Mahidevran. Gulshah is by far the worst character for me, I hope she gets killed off or something. I really like Nigar-kalfa, on the other hand.

I'm enjoying this series for now, I hope it won't be like Hanimin ciftligi which turned to shit towards the end.

• @ Joana

hahaha, just wait and see what happens in one scene with Gulsah :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I dont like her at all as well, my two favorites are Gul aga and Zumbul aga, those two are really funny :rolll:

• I don't like Valide Sultan and her fat asistant Dahe Hatun too :D Gulsah is bad ok but she is doing generally Mahidevran's wishes but sometimes she behaves without Mahidevran's permission and Mahidevran is willing to kill her :rolll:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

I like that fat biyatch Daye, since shes on the side of Hurrem and slapped on Gulsahs face :box:

I wished Valide was as generous to Hurrem as she was to Mahidevran, who I really dislike. Shes ugly and jealous, intrigue and stupid :teach:

I am happty that the spanish princes left the series because she was annoying me very much :wavy:

• When i was watching Muhtesem Yuzyil Daye's character was quite bad :rolll: I don't know what is her current situation :rolll: I have not much free time to watch soaps this year coz of my lessons :D I am watching "Bir Cocuk Sevdim" only coz of my mom completely :lol: I also would like to watch sitcom " Yalan Dunya " Gulse Birsel is my girl :heart: :lol:

• History series are new trend at these days, another Ottoman serie began in Turkey.

Once upon a time in Ottoman Empire: Doomsday

Prewiev
    [YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]
    1st Episode
    [YOUTUBE]
    [/YOUTUBE]
    2nd Episode
    [YOUTUBE]
    [/YOUTUBE]
    3rd Episode
    [YOUTUBE]
    [/YOUTUBE]

This serie is about Patrona Halil rebellion,

Halil was an Albanian from Macedonia. He became a Janissary and after joining a Janissary rebellion in Niš and leading one in 1720 in Vidin, he moved to the capital. He was known to have engaged in petty trade and crafts like working as a hammam attendant. He spent much of his time at meyhanes of Galata. Halil was known as Horpeşteli Arnavut Halil after his place of birth and nationality but his Albanian compatriots called him Patrona

• The tempo of Muhtesem Yuzyil is agonizingly slow, especially here in Serbia as they cut each episode into two or three parts, so it's going to drag on forever. :mad:
    We've only just finished season 1. Ibrahim has become so disgusting that I can't wait for Hurrem to get rid of him (I assume that's what's going to happen), but that will be a long wait.

Is Mahidevran going to get exiled at all? I guess not, since her infamous fight with Hurrem occurred very early in the series.

• Joana

What is the process of serbian channels?

1 Episode per week or 5 episode per week? Generally in Turkey foreign soap operas are 5 in week (MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI) and they show 45-60 minutes to not progress very fast :D but our local soap operas are 1 episode each week and they show almost 1,5-2h (Before it was almost 2,5-3h with repeats hopefully they reduced it :obey: ) By the way i can advice you a turkish soap opera which i watch now only :D It's quite popular in Turkey now and probably soon you can see it in Serbia too it's " Bir cocuk sevdim " It's subject continues quite interesting that's why i didn't stop to watch it yet :D

• Maybe it could be a little off topic, but.... could someone write names of some turkish singers?

if you like Rock and alternative pop&rock etc : Redd,Mor ve Ötesi ,Ezginin Günlüğü,Yeni Türkü,Pinhani,Fikret Kızılok,Bülent Ortaçgil,Nazan Öncel,MFÖ,Şebnem Ferah,Kargo,Teoman,Leman Sam,Şevval Sam,Yasemin Mori,Yüksek Sadakat,Nev,Göksel etc..

• Thank you, I will check

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I would recommend you to listesn Özlem Tekin, Şebnem Ferah and Duman :super: These 3 are my favourites :super:

Edip: I forgot Athena :lol: This group is good as well, they participated Eurovision in 2004 as well and they got 4th place.The song was quite nice. :thumbup:

That sounds good, but is Özlem still doing music ? I didnt listen since many years a new music from her

• That sounds good, but is Özlem still doing music ? I didnt listen since many years a new music from her

If I am not wrong, she released a new album in 2010(or maybe 2009) ''Bana Bi Şey Olmaz''. There were good songs such as Kimse Bilmez(my faourite one from that album), Yatağım Boş and Şikayetim Var. However, I listen her her ''old songs'' much more. She is so special for me and her songs never die :heart:

• Thank you Kadir for the informations !

Yes I really like her old songs, they were great. Especially the ones frome her debut album: Ask herseyi affeder mi. This is one of the best albums!

I also like Aylin Aslim and her song Gulyabani very much :heart: :heart: :heart: