Does anyone have middle name?

• bella, this was also my story !!! :) I wanted to be Andrej as my confirmation name, but theres no saint Andrej, so I have to choose Michal :) but that Melanie is great!!

I think you didn't quite catch it. It's about my first name. I don't like it. I waited for confirmation to have a chance to give myself my own name. But priests said that our names for confirmation will be our first names. No changes. No invective. No fantasia. So I was so pissed that I was staying Ewelina. But then I found out that there was no saint Ewelina. So I just had to choose new name and no priest couldn't deny me that. A że złośliwa ze mnie bestia... :D So I chose this name to finish off our priests with my fantasia which was prohibited.

Talking about confirmation names. I chose a very dull name, but my friend, well...he smashed every competition, he chose Pankracy :what:

He would be cursed by my priests for that :D Pankracy. It reminds me a cat. I don't even know why. Isn't there some cartoon about cat Pankracy?

I had no idea that Zibi is Andrzej :P

I don't pay attention when someone maliciously called me "Krysia". It's worse than "Ewelinka" :aww:

• In Bulgarian, you would be call "Evche" or "Krisi" :thumbup:

• I think you didn't quite catch it. It's about my first name. I don't like it. I waited for confirmation to have a chance to give myself my own name. But priests said that our names for confirmation will be our first names. No changes. No invective. No fantasia. So I was so pissed that I was staying Ewelina. But then I found out that there was no saint Ewelina. So I just had to choose new name and no priest couldn't deny me that. A że złośliwa ze mnie bestia... :D So I chose this name to finish off our priests with my fantasia which was prohibited

aha, now I understand :) bad girl :lol: :lol:

• Balcan surnames sound so cute --> Veljkovic,Antonijevic,Miletic,Rasic and etc....I wish I've got a balcan surname Indeed :lol:

Sice Joana wrote her full name here, I'd do the same here :thumbsup: It's Emil Niklas Oliver Skoglund...very long enough, People just call me Emil. very simple enough on the other hand ^^

• Also in your country there is the tradition to give to a children the name of her/his grandpa/ma?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Also in your country there is the tradition to give to a children the name of her/his grandpa/ma?

In Poland it is used rather rarely.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• In Itlay in most cases, but not in mine XD For this rule my name should have been Elvira, but is Valeria (that have the same letters and just one more, this is a coincidence asd)

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I have got only first name aswell after 2000's years,people started to give two names to their babies and it became a very popular thing in Turkey.Now almost %80-90 of children got double names in Turkey.

Your complete name sounds very good Joana :win: What about Fofao's name? It was something like Fofao Rogerio Helia De Souza Pinto... :white: (I hope it doesn't go to infinite :rolll: )

Fofão first name is Hélia, like it was said Fofão is a nickname, not her oficial name...It is cause of this tv program it has a long time ago, and also a doll that was called fofão..it is this..

Cause who gave her the nickname thought Fofão had big cheeks, like the Fofão from the tv program.. :lol:

Fofão oficial name is Hélia Rogério de Souza Pinto (Rogério is a second name, actually commom a male name here, it is not a family name ;) )

In France middles names are often grandpa/ma names.
    That's my case. My middle name (François = Francesco/Francis/Franz/Franciszek) was the first name of my grandfather.

Because of this custom, most people don't like their middle name because it often sounds old. Yet François is OK, it's traditional but not old fashioned. And since I have an uncommon first name (Armel is quite rare) it's getting well with it.

• In France middles names are often grandpa/ma names.
    That's my case. My middle name (François = Francesco/Francis/Franz/Franciszek) was the first name of my grandfather.

Because of this custom, most people don't like their middle name because it often sounds old. Yet François is OK, it's traditional but not old fashioned. And since I have an uncommon first name (Armel is quite rare) it's getting well with it.

Armel is so cool name. I didn't know your nickname is your proper name. Awesome. And Francois isn't so bad as well. I like this name, actually, also polish version Franciszek. Franciszek is rather rare in my country. Lately I met a baby boy who called Franciszek and at first moment it was strange for me calling small boy Franciszek but then I used to it and I started to like this name. I like originality.