What are the most popular meals/dishes/food in your country?

• Zagorka and Sobieski Mandarin rock my heart :thumbsup:

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that whenever he gets here, he starts feeling hugry because of all these pictures of meals..., now I see that things are getting even more serious with drinks :lol:
    bella, Just come to Sofia for the WL and I'll treat you a beer (Zagorka ofc :P ) :drink:
    Together with the others we will make a little forum meeting. I and Ola already decided to make a poster for Captain Planet :D .

In Bulgaria tradition is wine, not rakiya ;)

Almost all people who I know that make alcohol at home (and they are a lot as you may suppose :lol: ), produce both rakiya and wine (red, also white) and it's been like that since centuries, so both are considered as a traditional drinks here and their consumption is widespread. We emphasized on the rakiya maybe just because it is not that familiar out of the region like wine is. Personally I prefer wine, too and rakiya have tried only three times in my life, cause it is too strong for me.
    btw, you know that folklore song about Pawel, right? It says enough to the question :lol:

Mavrud is probably the best wine we make, from Southern Bulgaria. It has quality to age properly

Cheers for the wine drinkers here ^^
    [/align]

Yes, also confirm for Mavrud. Cheers :drink:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Yeah, I love Bulgarian vine :thumbsup: I had this pleasure to taste it but I don't remember how it called. But for sure it was Bulgarian.

I made some friends from Poland when I was in Sweden several years ago and tasted different Polish vodka, very good drinks :thumbup:

• Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that whenever he gets here, he starts feeling hugry because of all these pictures of meals..., now I see that things are getting even more serious with drinks :lol:
    bella, Just come to Sofia for the WL and I'll treat you a beer (Zagorka ofc :P ) :drink:
    Together with the others we will make a little forum meeting. I and Ola already decided to make a poster for Captain Planet :D .

Yeah, I just came back home and saw pancakes here so now I'm extremely hungry :P

Sounds awesome. I mean finals in Sofia with you :thumbsup: You'll bring Zagorka, me and Ola will bring vodka. And all happy company :D I can help in making poster. I'm already experienced in doing such things :win:

• Yeah, I just came back home and saw pancakes here so now I'm extremely hungry :P

Sounds awesome. I mean finals in Sofia with you :thumbsup: You'll bring Zagorka, me and Ola will bring vodka. And all happy company :D I can help in making poster. I'm already experienced in doing such things :win:

and Sobieski drinki!!!! :D It's the best juice ever :D

• and Sobieski drinki!!!! :D It's the best juice ever :D

Then let's just do it! I am talking serious. Once to gather and neither Sobieski, nor Zagorka will be a problem for us (the juice, too). We will be totally inspired to make the Planet poster :D

Now, I want to show something that we call tutmanik (тутманик). My grandmother makes it and it is very tasty, but it is not really appropriate if you are on a diet :P . This one on the photo looks exactly like hers in its shape and that's why I chosed it. (but it could also have some different shape.)

Wild Wild West!

• Then let's just do it! I am talking serious. Once to gather and neither Sobieski, nor Zagorka will be a problem for us (the juice, too). We will be totally inspired to make the Planet poster :D

Now, I want to show something that we call tutmanik (тутманик). My grandmother makes it and it is very tasty, but it is not really appropriate if you are on a diet :P . This one on the photo looks exactly like hers in its shape and that's why I chosed it. (but it could also have some different shape.)

I'm serious to death. I've been thinking about it for ages, time to finally make it happen :P Somehow. I already have the vision of this poster, seriously, the craziest poster ever. Planet is going to love it....if we qualifies :D

Btw, what's that? Is it a cake? Or what? It looks really nice.

• I'm serious to death. I've been thinking about it for ages, time to finally make it happen :P Somehow. I already have the vision of this poster, seriously, the craziest poster ever. Planet is going to love it....if we qualifies :D

Btw, what's that? Is it a cake? Or what? It looks really nice.

Oh, I will support you even more now - like never before, you can't even imagine! You must qualify for this WL finals at any cost! :D

Well, tutmanik is a traditional and much loved Bulgarian dish made from thick pastry dough and crumbled white cheese, yogurt, eggs, etc.
    To prepare the dough are used white flour, salt, eggs, yogurt, yeast, baking soda and vegetable oil (maybe "Bartek" oil will be ok, too :lol: )
    It is served with yogurt :thumbsup:

Wild Wild West!

• Oh, I will support you even more now - like never before, you can't even imagine! You must qualify for this WL finals at any cost! :D

Well, tutmanik is a traditional and much loved Bulgarian dish made from thick pastry dough and crumbled white cheese, yogurt, eggs, etc.
    To prepare the dough are used white flour, salt, eggs, yogurt, yeast, baking soda and vegetable oil (maybe "Bartek" oil will be ok, too :lol: )
    It is served with yogurt :thumbsup:

Bartek oil is good for everything. I use it quite often. :D
    Vasilena, you made me hungry even more than I was before and my fridge is almost empty :aww:
    Bulgaria is calling me to visit.

• Receipt made by me and my girlfiriend - Sirenarnik de la Gevgely:

• This is: Panzerotto from Luini!(a shop in Milan where they make the Best Panzerotti of the world!!!!!!!!!)

Fried Panzerotto :D :D
    Awesome!!!!! 8o 8o

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

Edited once, last by Dares23 ().

• This is: Panzerotto from Luini!(a shop in Milan where they make the Best Panzerotti of the world!!!!!!!!!)

Fried Panzerotto :D :D
    Awesome!!!!! 8o 8o

• You all made me hungry :mad: these foods looks like delicious :(

• Looks like the cursed food from the movie Thinner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thinner_%28film%29

• Of course i love Muszynianka's water :lol:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Leo miss "mozzarelle" in Turkey! In Italy are very common and I love them.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Do your know Dumpling, Noodles, ZongZI,Moon cake?
    my favorite is Dumpling and moon cake.it's so delicious

• Pasta, spaghetti, mozzarelle, pizza XD