Demi Lovato

• This post may be long, [I promise I'll try to make a summary] but I just want you all to know about Demi Lovato, so be patient... If you are not interested in reading it, stop it and close this thread, if you have 5 minutes to spend reading it, well, just do it!

Demi (full name Demetria Devonne) is an American singer and actrees. Her parents divorced when she was a little girl. She started acting when she was 8, she was in Barney & Friends. She apperead in one episode of Prison Break and Grey's Anatomy. She had the leading role in As The Bell Rings, Camp Rock, Camp Rock 2 - The Final Jam and Sonny With A Chance.

Her first album come out in 2008 [while she was acting in Camp Rock] and it's called Don't Forget (I'll link some songs of the album)

La La Land

Get Back

Don't Forget

In 2009 she released her second album [in the same period she was working at Sonny With A Chance]

Here We Go Again

Remember December

but nobody knew she was suffering. As I said before, her parents divorced when she was about 4, she started cutting herself at the age of 11 and from 7th grade she was bullied. She had struggles with her body immage, her classmates call her "fat" and were very mean to her. She developed an eating disorder: she started throwing up and then she ended up becoming anorexic. She become an alcoholic and she couldn't go more than an hour/30 minutes without cocaine, but nobody noticed (or maybe they just kept their eye closed on purpose, who knows...)

At the end of 2010 she was touring with the Jonas Brothers. One of the dancers discovered her struggles and she decided to speak about it with Demi's dad and her mamagement. When Demi discovered it, she punched her in the face, she realized she was living a lie and she needed help and so she spent 3 months into treatment. There she discovered she was bipolar.

When she left rehab, she released her 3rd album called "Unbroken"

Skyscraper

Give Your Heart A Break

Then she released a documentary about what she went through in the past years and about her period in rehab.

She was one of the judges on the X Factor for 2 seasons (2012 & 2013) and she shared the panel with Simon Cowell, LA Reid, Britney Spears, Paulina Rubio and Kelly Rowland.

Now she is more confident and she come back into acting: she appeared in the 5th season of Glee.

In 2013 her 4th album "DEMI" come out

Heart Attack

Made In The USA

Neon Lights

Really Don't Care

She did the Neon Lights Tour in America and later this year she will start her first World Tour.

She is a very good singer, she is one of those who can actually sing live and sound better that they do in the studio. She is young and talented and I wrote here about her because I'm curious: what do you think about her? Do you know her? Do you like her music? There are many other things to say about her, but I tried to write as less as I could. It is also said that she may have been raped (maybe by her dad) and there are some "evidence" of it, but this is another story. If you have any questions, or if you want me to write more about her or if you want to watch her live performances, just ask and I'll post them here!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Her new album will be released in a few days.

This is the first single.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• I've gotta admit, Cool for the Summer is one of the best pop songs released this year so far. I might actually check out her album when it comes out. :gone:

• It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.