What's your connection to the game?

• Since I've been answering all those questions about some personality traits, I thought it would be nice to know what kind of connection do you have with Volleyball...

What's your point of view? Player, coach, supporter, director, referee, teacher, just curious...

As I said it before, I'm a Physical Ed. Teacher and 3rd level Volleyball Coach.

What about you?

• I used to play (not professionally) for fun, and I am a supporter too.

• I'm a player (setter) in our club's first team, playing in the highest division on regional level (German organisation is as follows: 1st league - nationwide, 2nd league - divided into north and south, 3rd league divided into 5 or 6 regions, 4th league divided into many regions but not limited to counties, and then come the leagues of the various counties and I play in the highest league of Saarland).
    I am also coach of our 2nd women's team and our youth girls (mainly identic).

• Hi Matthias, thanks for sharing. Tell me something, the description you made about your country's competitions organization is just for the Male Volleyball or also for the Female?

Here in Portugal we are so few playing this game... We have only 4 Male Divisions and 3 Female... :cry:

Congratulations for your country's victory (3-0) against Spain, today!

• The organisation is the same for both genders. When I read my description I think I would not understand it if I didn't know it :D
    So I'll try to make it clearer:

one 1st league - 1. Bundesliga - teams from all over Germany.
    two 2nd leagues - 2. Bundesliga - teams from north and from south.
    Those leagues are organised by the German volleyball federation.

eight 3rd leagues - Regionalliga - teams from 1, 2 or 3 Bundesländer (counties)
    This league is organised by the local federations and supported by the German federation
    many 4th leagues - Oberliga - teams from 1, 2 or 3 Bundesländer, but in contrast to 3rd league they are not supported by the German federation.

Then come the leagues that are limited to the counties' federations, for example here in Saarland the leagues are:
    1. Verbandsliga (federation league), my league
    2. Landesliga (county league)
    3. Bezirksliga (district league)
    4. Bezirksklasse (district class)
    5. Kreisliga (local league)
    6. Kreisklasse (local class), the lowest league.

I think this organisation is the same in other sports too, I know that football has the same for sure.

• hmm i dont have a real connection to the game :lol: only god knows why i liked that sport.... well, it was mainly cos of Piccinini :lol2:
    so im just a fan.... Though i love to play it myself either and im pretty good too.... but no time to play it in a team.... id be a good libero :lol:

• My libero is leaving my team, so I need a replacement... :wink: :lol2:

• I'm a player. Mainly I'm a setter, but I played on diffrent positions. I played in Moscow university's championship in different leagues and in different comps. I'm also a fan of women volley :)

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).