• Hi Ewelina :kiss: Hi Georgi :kiss:
    Yes, ineed! Things are getting hella messy in so many different ways :D

Georgi! As soon as I noticed you included Toshe Proeski in your post, I went all crazy, since I've been obsessing over this man for the past...I dunno, couple of weaks for sure! What a mesmerising voice :obey: Totally obsessed.
    Mostly with this track, as of late:

Even though my singing skills are almost non-existent, I don't give a hoot, I'm still singing it, regardless of how awkward that looks :lol:

• Ehm, I don't like his pop songs, they are too "girly" for me. But I admit that he was the person with the greatest vocal capabilities in the entire Balkans. I especially like his folk song interpretations, as I am from a similar/same region and he sings them very well. He is an absolute beast in live performances, singing pop, rock, folk, even opera (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08j0lWFqRo4) I wonder what a giant he would've become if he was alive...

Here's a bit of Akcent, their newest I think

• Ehm, I don't like his pop songs, they are too "girly" for me. But I admit that he was the person with the greatest vocal capabilities in the entire Balkans. I especially like his folk song interpretations, as I am from a similar/same region and he sings them very well. He is an absolute beast in live performances, singing pop, rock, folk, even opera (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08j0lWFqRo4) I wonder what a giant he would've become if he was alive...

Eh, folk songs are a whole different story :D No wonder his 'girly, pop' songs are nowhere close to the ones we love the most, since they're total smashers :D
    I just have so much sentiment for this guy that whatever I'm listening, either a typical balkan, folk track, or just another pop, commercial song, it always pulls at the heartstrings. Such a talent.

• WOW. Can't believe I haven't seen this before.

That's impressive !!

• Eh, guys do you have such moments, when you simply feel like you don't belong to the place you live in? Ok, I know I sound like a weirdo, but seriously, listening to traditional, old Serbian songs makes me think that I have lived there in my previous life :D I'm not mental, I promise you guys, I'm not mental. Neither high nor drunk. Ok, maybe just a bit.
    I've been listening to 'Ajde Jano' in so many different versions for the past two consecutive weeks. Whenever I listen to this masterpiece I get some serious goosebumps, it brings a lump to my throat and I feel like I'm in the Balkans, even though I still haven't. My God, you can feel this song has a soul, just an incredible soul. Words are just simply not enough to describe what I feel, when I listen to it. One of the most beautiful things in the entire world.

Dikanda is a Polish band that is very strongly influenced by Slavic folklore. This is just one of several examples.

Look, even freakin' Mike Patton decided to give it a shot and performe it live! I definitely don't like it as much as more traditional, folk versions of this piece, but still- huge respect for Mike's attempt!

Ok, I'm obsessed. Sorry guys, bear with me.

• I would say this is song with one of biggest number of covers,so many wanted to show their version,but traditional-folklore one is absolutely best !

• Hahah, Ojla :D Indeed, Ajde Jano is a true magic. I can't stop listenning to it too. Ehhh, these freakin' magical Balkans. After I soaked through this music (and the main culprit is Plavi Orkestar) I feel like I have to pack my bags and emigrate there. Not so many my friends understand Balkan music so I'm rather lonely in this.
    Plavi Orkestar, my magical musical monsters...

• Hahah, Ojla :D Indeed, Ajde Jano is a true magic. I can't stop listenning to it too. Ehhh, these freakin' magical Balkans. After I soaked through this music (and the main culprit is Plavi Orkestar) I feel like I have to pack my bags and emigrate there. Not so many my friends understand Balkan music so I'm rather lonely in this.

That's not even funny, I feel like a stranger :lol: No, seriously, it's already taking too long, more than 8 years of obsessing over this country seems like forever. I'm giving myself 2 years, I'm seriously planning to do what my fellow Czech friend did a year ago. She and her friends went for a car trip across the Balkans. I was green with envy. GREEN ;(

• I've been wondering twice before uploading here something from myself, 'cause a huge number of your favourite Balkan songs makes me feel it's not a proper thread for another kind of music. Finally I stopped caring :D and after month of break caused by many different things - here I am (nobody's interested :aww: )
    after this year's Grammy awards I found a great artist, who took my heart totally, I just can't stop listening his songs (I've realized, that my taste of music has changed a lot).
    here is one of his best songs:

and also something, which is coming from Chase and Status, currently my favourite "band"

peace yo enjoy :win:

• Hi, Aga! Welcome back :win:
    I'm sorry I have to bring back the Balkan theme again, but...
    I was listening to this song for the last hour or so while doing something else and just now I realised how great it is!

Ahh, how I miss this...

• Just please guys, don't think I forbid you to put such a songs here, I didn't mean that :P

So, you say Balkan, I say - CHILEAN

Few weeks ago I was looking for some new songs, 'cause I was totally bored of my playlist then. I realized, that FIFA game always had a good soundtrack, with different kinds of music, from all over the world. So I checked it. And then I discovered Astro - the coolest indie rock band, that I've ever heard in my life

What's more - they're coming from Chile, singing in Spanish - language, which I hate the most. Thanks to them I'm out of mental crisis :lol:

and my favourite (music video is so awesome - not because of half naked pink girls)

[media]

[media]

• Nice song but I don't quite like this vocal.

What :what: This guy is a legend! I would give an arm and a leg to be able to sing like him!
    Just kidding, ofc ;) Everyone has some tastes and preferences.