• Theme song for the 2018-2019 V.LEAGUE by BananaLemon called "Clap, Smile & Dance"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16bzaBVjvgA&feature=youtu.be

Representin':

Megumi Kurihara - JT

Manami Kojima - NEC

Rina Hiratani - Kurobe

Hisae Watanabe - Hitachi

Mari Horikawa - Toray

Akane Yamagishi - Ageo

Mio Sato - Toyota

Mai Shimizu - PFU

Nana Sakamoto - Denso

Mizuki Ugajin - Okayama

Yuka Taura (?) - Hisamitsu

Interesting choices. It's hard to Clap, Smile & Dance

• I only listen to local (Turkish) stuff.

I have a bunch of Turkish pop type stuff on my iPod. This is one of my favorites:

I don't know if it's cool or uncool to like it (like if you told me you had a Celine Dion song on your iPod I would think it was uncool) :P

• Liquid music

• Is that considered 'classical' music in Iran?

Also, the sound engineering of that performance is amazing. Like thirty instruments and voices and you can hear every one of them. Skilled performers helps with that. Very nice share!

edit - yes, that vocal waterfall at 3:13 ... wow

• sitenoise

i think we can't call it iranian classical/traditional music (btw i dont have any expertise on iranian music lol) this is a song arranged on modern western instruments but it should also be containing some traditional ingredients in itself such as vocal technic (those vibes) ,sense, melodic structure etc..yet it should be kind of personal experience of Namjoo's himself rather than a traditional song

you could listen to Mohammad Reza Shajarian who makes traditionla iranian music and who is/should be a very important artist in iran

• Very cool. On top of that it gave me goose bumps how deep into the pocket the rhythm section jumped right after that.

• That one is too dramatic for me and my history with the song :)

Several years ago I made a youtube playlist called Cultured (pronounced "Kool Terd") which was me exploring music from around the world. This is the song I picked to start things off:

• a Kurdish Band

Geezus. I watched/listened to that about 12 times in a row and immediately procured two of their albums, which unfortunately neither of them has that particular number. It's an almost perfect piece of music for me: both lilting and aggressive, half-tones, poly-rhythms, female vocals more like an instrument than a word-giver, harmonies both ominous and poppy.

It's confusing to me to see that audience of middle-aged people watching/listening to that quietly. We used to have to take LSD and bring on our most punk, nihilistic attitude to make music of that ilk--while admittedly, certainly not of that caliber.

On the other hand, I've seen Diamanda Galas twice and sat there quietly.