• The Polish Volleyball Federation is still seeking candidates to the position of head coach for its women’s national team. The post is fixed until the end of the Olympic Games in Beijing 2008, with a possibility of prolonging the contract after this date.
    Candidates will be expected to turn around the fortunes of the defending European champions and ensure that the eleventh ranked team in the world is in top shape for Beijing 2008.
    "There is a great interest in our job offer", stated Miroslaw Przedpelski, President of the Polish Volleyball Federation, "But we're expecting to find a candidate who has at least five years of experience as head coach of a national senior team or first league senior club and a successful track record in international or national competitions. We're hoping to be able to close the competition by 25th January 2007 which should give us plenty of time to choose a suitable coach by the end of February."

• Interesting to read about this posting and the searching for a head coach.....
    by the way, Justyna, what happened to the polish team in Japan2006?, I watched only a couple of matches and they did not look ok, totally different to the team I saw in 2003european finals. It's my understanding that some key players were missing.... so what are the chances for olympics 2008?.
    It's gonna be a very tough competition for getting the spots, russia, italy, serbia, germany, nederlands, turkey.... hmm, and only two places available there. Probably Poland will need to go to japan to get the last tickets, what do you think? :roll:

regards

• Quote from "xopxeech"

by the way, Justyna, what happened to the polish team in Japan2006?, I watched only a couple of matches and they did not look ok, totally different to the team I saw in 2003european finals.

That wasn't good year to polish women's national team. During the World Grand Prix after the querrel between Glinka and Niemczyk, Glinka said that she doesn't want be longer a member of Polish NT. In next day Niemczyk resigned from the position of the head coach. Ireneusz Kłos took place of Andrzej Niemczyk whose assistant he was. Some players didn't want his resignation.
    Skowrońska before WCH had inflammation of the foot, Liktoras injury of the knee the same with Belcik so they can't play on 100%.
    On WCH was bad atmosphere, bad team spirit...

Quote from "xopxeech"

It's my understanding that some key players were missing....

Glinka, Świeniewicz, Mróz, Barańska, Przybysz...

Quote from "xopxeech"

so what are the chances for olympics 2008?.

In the world ranking Poles are on 11th place. This may mean huge troubles in the fight for the Olympic qualifications. If the Poles don't pass the Dutchwomen after the next year's edition of World Grand Prix, probably they won't be able to take part in the intercontinental qualificational tournament to the Olympics in 2008. Then, their only chance to get the promotion to Beijing will be the World Cup (in order to take part in this event they have to play in the final of the European Championships) and continental qualificational tournament.

• On this day (22.01.2007) we have 3 candidates for the head coach of Polish national team: Floros Dimitrios (Greece), Lorenzo Micelli (Italy), Peter Nonnenbroich (Germany/France)
    Probably Andrzej Niemczyk and Marco Bonitta are going to take part in the contest announced by Polish Volleyball Association for the head coach of Polish national team too.
    The deadline for sending the applications in is January 25th.

• Quote from "Justyna"

That wasn't good year to polish women's national team. During the World Grand Prix after the querrel between Glinka and Niemczyk, Glinka said that she doesn't want be longer a member of Polish NT. In next day Niemczyk resigned from the position of the head coach. Ireneusz Kłos took place of Andrzej Niemczyk whose assistant he was. Some players didn't want his resignation. .

dear justyna, can i have a question here
    actually where is glinka anyway, in the first phase of grand prix, poland WAS--no offense--still great, but with her gone, Polnad simply went down so quickly

will she play for the national team? :D

• Now we have 14 candidates:

1. Dimitrios Floros Greece
    2. Lorenzo Micelli Italy
    3. Giuseppe Cuccarini Italy
    4. Peter Nonnenbroich German
    5. Angiolino Frigoni Italy
    6. Branislav Moro Serbia
    7. Arie Selinger USA
    8. Alessandro Chiappini Italy
    9. Sergio Ricardo Negrao Brazil
    10. Juan Jesus Diaz Marino Cuba
    11. Jeff Jiang China
    12. Marco Bonitta Italy
    13. Andrzej Niemczyk Poland
    14. Igor Prielożny Slovakia

• oooh Alessandro Chiappini would be great!!!
    he is the coach of Asystel Novara and as many of u know, the team is maybe the strongest one in europe right now :)

i hope he is one of the hot candidates :wink2:

Candidates should have at least 5 years’ experience as a head coach of a national senior team or first league senior club and a successful track record in international or national competitions.

If I'm not wrong Chiappini working as a head coach only 2 last years, but who knows maybe Polish Volleyball Federation will chosse him :)

• Today commission choised 4 from 14 candidates on coach polish nt:
    1. CUCCARINI Giuseppe (Italy)
    2. CHIAPPINI Alessandro (Italy)
    3. MARINO Juan Jesus Diaz (Cuba)
    4. BONITA Marco (Italy)
    New coach polish nt we will be know till the end of February.

I want Chiappini :) but I think that new coach will be Bonita.

• Quote from "Justyna"

I read interview with Glinka (from December or January) and she doesn't know or will be play in NT. It will be depend on health, coach, PZPS, and players from team.

if she didnt play, thats too bad, she is 195cm tall, what a waste
    and i wonder what will happen to poland in the coming grand prix this year???

• I think Bonitta is a great coach. I don't understand why the Italian players were questioning his methods. Under his command, the Italian team had much better results than under Barbolini's command. If we take the matches against Russia as an example, when Bonitta was the coach, the match was always decided in the tie-breaker, when Barbolini was put in charge, Italy lost in straight sets.

I don't know Chiapinni much, but he's definitely doing a great job ahead of Novara's team. My two first choices, if I were to choose the New head coacch of the Polish NT would be Bonitta and Chiappinni, that's for sure.

To my mind, Poland is a great team, it is very strong physically and its players have good individual technique. With quick plays, more combinations, and improving in defense, it will be very hard for any team in the world to beat them.

It's nice to see European volleyball getting stronger, if Poland gets back to their form in the ECH 2005, there will be 4 very strong teams: Russia, Serbia, Italy and Poland.

• Quote from "Justyna"

Marco Bonitta is new coach national team of Poland

official news? :shock:

uff im kinda disappointed that chiappini wasnt chosen... but im pretty sure that bonitta will do a good job :wink2:

• is there a statement of Marco Bonitta after his "victory"? I would like to know what his plans and goals for 2007 are :D so if somebody has read something like that, pls post it here
    :wink2: :)

• really happy to know that Bonitta wants Glinka back
    I also want Glinka back to NT