• Glinka wants to play in national team but she has problem with her spine. She wants to play in Olympic Qualification tournament and the Olympic Games but she won't play in European Championships, Grand Prix, Montreux.

• On Monday, Marco Bonitta signed the deal for coaching Polish national team till the end of 2008.
    Magdalena Sliwa has become Bonitta's assistant. The double champion of Europe is currently the second playing coach in the team of the leader of the first league - Wisla Enion Cracow.

• I'm happy for Polish NT. I think that Bonitta and Sliwa will do a great job.

• a question to our polish insiders...

justyna said that baranska wont play in the NT...
    why is this so? last year she was "injured" but whats the reason this year? Did she choose to leave the team or is more like a punishment for her??? And is there a chance that she might play anyway? cos i would love to see her in the polish jersey...

and what about glinka and swieniewicz?
    Any news about glinkas decision to return to NT?

and what about Dorota......

• I hope both Glinka and Swieniewicz come back... I think they make a huge difference, I mean, the team with them and without them is completely different...
    Mróz won't play anymore too, I hope at least both of them come back! :wink2:

• Baranska sad that it's too early for her to play in national team. (She's 23) :shock:
    Yesterday, Bonitta met with Glinka but I don't know anything more.
    Dorota Świeniewicz trains in BKS Bielsko-Biala.

• Polish NT needs Swieniewicz and Glinka. Also Mroz and Sliwa. These four, especially the first two make the difference.
    Sliwa won't play, because she will assist the team, Mroz has health problems and Glinka is stubborn. Maybe Swieniewicz could return.

• Quote from "Piotrek"

Baranska sad that it's too early for her to play in national team. :shock:

:shock: ehh i really like Ania but ehh this is such a poor excuse...
    Damn its the nationalteam! the dream of so many players and she just doesnt wanna play in it...
    Im kind of disappointed of her cos she would be a big help......

• Quote from "samba player"

Polish NT needs Swieniewicz and Glinka. Also Mroz and Sliwa. These four, especially the first two make the difference.
    Sliwa won't play, because she will assist the team, Mroz has health problems and Glinka is stubborn. Maybe Swieniewicz could return.

yeah, i like glinka too, couldnt wait for bonnitta's polish team to make a debut this year :D

• Quote from "colossus"

yeah, i like glinka too, couldnt wait for bonnitta's polish team to make a debut this year :D

what happen to poland lately, cos i watched polands game against taipei, their serve reception is much better than that against italy

any news?

• Colossus, which match do you refer? That at WCH?
    In my opinion Poland in 2006 had the worst reception of the top teams. Worst than Cuba and Serbia. The problem of Poland is the fact that they continue to receive in two and that they are disorganized. Italian serves aren't strong nor that insidious. Even with that in my mind, in the match Zenik, Rosner, Bamber and Mirek made mistakes after mistakes for whole two sets. But not just that, Skowronska twice didn't receive, even if the ball fall near her and nobody covered her. Podolec suffered some aces, when she is supposed to go outside the court. Look at the matches with Italy, Japan, South Korea, Serbia, Turkey and Cuba and look how disorganized polish reception is. A complete disaster.

Colossus, which match do you refer? That at WCH?
    In my opinion Poland in 2006 had the worst reception of the top teams. Worst than Cuba and Serbia. The problem of Poland is the fact that they continue to receive in two and that they are disorganized. Italian serves aren't strong nor that insidious. Even with that in my mind, in the match Zenik, Rosner, Bamber and Mirek made mistakes after mistakes for whole two sets. But not just that, Skowronska twice didn't receive, even if the ball fall near her and nobody covered her. Podolec suffered some aces, when she is supposed to go outside the court. Look at the matches with Italy, Japan, South Korea, Serbia, Turkey and Cuba and look how disorganized polish reception is. A complete disaster.

But doesn't that mean that the coach wasn't "coaching" how he should? :oops: Because I don't think the players would make mistakes in the whole championship, just like that! I hope Bonitta do something about that!

Polish NT needs Sliwa.

but as a coach not as a player!

And I hope that Glinkaand Baranska will never play in NT. Niemczyk showed that in team don't have to play the best players but this players who can make a team. Glinka and Baranska thinks that they are stars and NT didn't deserveed for them. I won't have them representing me! We have Podolec and Fratczak. Don't need them!!
    I'm wonder why Boniotta decided to left Maj in Poland....

Colossus, which match do you refer? That at WCH?
    In my opinion Poland in 2006 had the worst reception of the top teams. Worst than Cuba and Serbia. A complete disaster.

the one with taipei in championship. when poland played with italy, they wer e way too anxious and even couldnt receive float serve and consider that togut is not even jump serve

with taipei, thats the normal performence though taipei had better defense and in the end ended the victory 3-1
    thats wy i wanna know whats poland gonna do about this years world cup

ps: three veteran players of taipei left the team but still their reception is okay, as far as i observed except the wing spiker is not as good as chan Suk lee :)

• I think that isn't problem receiving in two person in polish team. The problem on WCH was our mental. They can receive in two, in 2005 they did it too and wasn't problem. After matches with Taipei and Japan Poles was woebegone. On the other hand they weren't in good shape, because all of them was having injuries before and during tournament.

• Quote from "mazia"

And I hope that Glinkaand Baranska will never play in NT. Niemczyk showed that in team don't have to play the best players but this players who can make a team. Glinka and Baranska thinks that they are stars and NT didn't deserveed for them. I won't have them representing me! We have Podolec and Fratczak. Don't need them!!

i agree 100% :good:

• Quote from "Justyna"

Zuzanna Efimienko replaced Barańska in polish team roster.
    She is middle blocker; birthdate 1989; height 193 cm.

18, the best age for international debut, 193, finally poland got a promising girl
    btw, justyna, any info on possible hitter, you know, since glinkas gone , thx

• Marco Bonitta's philosophy
    The new head coach of the Polish national team, Marco Bonitta, has taken office and explains how he expects to build his team for this year’s key competitions: “I’ll teach the girls a new philosophy, a new technique, and a different tactic. But that doesn’t make me worry. One of the rules I introduced during our first meeting was the following: no matter what the players know or have learned, everyone get the same opportunity to become a fundamental player in my team. With some of them, I will have to start working from the beginning.” Thus Bonitta has started to build up his team and revealed the extended roster of whom will go to Montreux from June 5th to 10th. This selection consists of eighteen players, from which some habitues will be absent. Marco Bonitta explains his choices and the importance of the Montreux Volley Masters within his team building process: “The appointed players will take part in the preparations to the tournament in Montreux. The line-up of the team is a result of my own assessments and the disposition of particular players. The Swiss tournament will take place in the time when in many European volleyball leagues there will still be the league season, mainly the play-off phase. It may be like that not only in Poland, but also in Spain, Russia and Italy, where Polish players perform. Consequently, this is not the final line-up that will decide upon reaching the most important goals of the national team. I also took into consideration motivation of the most experienced players for whom international successes are not novelty and of those whose condition has been very high recently. I also invited some young and talented players who will be given a chance to show off – on the international arena – in the area of usefulness in the team. It’s an important step in building the team, group of people aware of common goal and responsible for themselves and partners, whose main mark should be the qualification team spirit.”

volleymasters.ch