Italian = volleyball language

• I don't know about Fernandinha, but I will investigate! :super: hehe

Yeah, Glinka's husband is volleyball player Roberto Mogentale. Danielle Scott is married to Arruda (or something similiar) right?

Sheilla is not that bad, considering Mari ;) . What amazes me is that American players such as Berg, Sykora and Bown speak better. And we all know the stupid stereotype that Americans do not learn another language. Completely untrue!!!

Danielle Scott's husband is more known as "Pezão" (big foot) here and his last name is Arruda, if I'm not wrong, his first name is Eduardo.
    Blame me, but I had never heard about Roberto Mongetale as a volleyball player -- he's Glinka's husband for me :lol: :lol: But I was thought it was weird to see a Polish guy named Roberto :P

Well, all Brazilians are bad in italian, except maybe for Valeskinha... She's still learning but already has improved more than the all others together ?( I think there's a lot of laziness there, but anyway...

I think that average americans do not learn other language because they don't need to... they don't need to make effort to be understood... and it reflects in the population -- All the american players I've seen speak at least a regular italian... and for some of them, it also amazes me how good their italian is, even in the accent... 8|
    (but truth to be told, Berg speaking italian is so funny :thumbsup: )

• Blame me, but I had never heard about Roberto Mongetale as a volleyball player -- he's Glinka's husband for me But I was thought it was weird to see a Polish guy named Roberto

same here. never know Roberto is an italian volleyball player. what i know beofre is his name and he is glinka's husband :D Thanks for telling us, samba player :drink:

i think i should go to apply italian courses asap, so that i can communicate with my favourite players, hehe....

• The Italian volleyball leagues are really appealing~~~

In addition, is Valentina Fiorin going to practise her french? Does she have a base for that language?Thanks!

• The Italian volleyball leagues are really appealing~~~

In addition, is Valentina Fiorin going to practise her french? Does she have a base for that language?Thanks!

Italian and French are similiar, so I think Vale won't have many problems learning it. They share a lot of the lexic and grammar. In addition to it, in Italy many schools adopt French as foreign language together with English, so she may have learned some French already in school. Don't forget that in the team play also Nadia Centoni, who will be helpful. Another thing that can be of help is that Cannes is a city near the Italian border.

• Italian and French are similiar, so I think Vale won't have many problems learning it. They share a lot of the lexic and grammar. In addition to it, in Italy many schools adopt French as foreign language together with English, so she may have learned some French already in school. Don't forget that in the team play also Nadia Centoni, who will be helpful. Another thing that can be of help is that Cannes is a city near the Italian border.

Hai ragione!! Wish her a happy "journey" ~~~ :)

• Lindsey Berg

Ze Roberto, Berg, Sheila

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

Edited once, last by Loca inside ().

• Stacy Sykora speaking a mix of italian, spanish and portuguese XD

...and Italian in TV

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.