Programme about Mari

• Well, I'll see what I can do with my poor english...

First it's said that they melt the ice! (Here in Brazil peoples use the call Mari as "Icewomam". Then they say that Mari only see your parents once each year.

They show Mari in Athens and talk about how she was a promisse to the future. Then show some Mari mistakes in that semi-final match.

Mari's Dad: "Once Mari asked me 'Dad, are you proud of me?' and I said 'Of couse I do, but don't get so high because the humans are weak. You're being sucessfull but don't forget that humans are weak"

After the defeat in Athens, a shoulder surgery and 2 years that seems like a whole life, Mari wants to prove that humans are strong too, and wants to take out the figure of Icewomam. Inside and outside of court it's not too hard to get a smile from her.

Mari's Mom: "She is getting some little jumps (to celebrate) on the court. So she's changing. Step by step she get there!

Mari: "Sometimes people come to take pictures and say 'Can you smile?', then there's no other way (laughs). It must be so bored (she smiles hardly)"

Then they show the place where Mari born, and she said that people use to get her twisted, cuz she is shy and people think she is posh.

Mari is descendent ot Germany, so probably because of this she is shy. Mari's mom say that Mari always used to play with ball, so she makes good use of this to makes Mari help in tha house services. After try swimming, soccer, tennis and basket, she discovered the volley, making come true the mom's dream, that didn't expect to hear of the first coach that the daughter had a great future.

Mari's Mom: "The coach come to me and said 'I got something to tell you: Mari has to get out this small town'. Then I get in real and I did realize that this thing was going too far, and my 'mother's heart' got in panic"

Basically is this... I hope I could help you :wink2:

• Quote from "Felipe Oliveira"

Mari is descendent ot Germany, so probably because of this she is shy.

Its not the first time i hear that....
    Is that normal that ppl think that german people are shy? :lol:
    If so, i wanna say that this prejudice is not true :D
    of course they are not as outgoing as brazilian people or so, but they are definitely not cold and shy :)

and btw! thanks a lot for the translation :good: