Where is Stacy Sykora?

• Here's a interview with Logan Tom that related to Stacy Sykora

Known libero of combined team of USA, Stacy Sykora negotiates with one of the Russian clubs. Her girl friend, American national team, Logan Tom has told about this in interview in one of the Polish editions , at present supporting the Spanish club " Маришаль " (Tenerife)

- What is the reason of your absence in a combined team of the USA?

- I played beach volleyball in this year ...

- Together with Stacy Sykora?

- No, my partner was Holl MakPik

- And now Stacy Sykora is engaged ?

- Generally, she is now at home in Las Vegas, negotiates with the Russian club.

- With who?

- I am sorry, but it is difficult for me to say it's name (laugh)

- And when is she going to get over to Russia? In February?

- Precisely, I do not know - all negotiations still proceed ...

• She's the best libero in the world!!! :D
    I was wondering where she is playing :wink2:

• I am definitely not a fan of the American team ( especially without Tom and Stacy), but I was extremely impressed with Stacey when I saw her playing in HK. She is the best libero I have seen, EXTREMELY fast reactions. Do hope to see her in the international team agaiN!

• The new liberos of USA, Sarah Drury and Kristen Michaelis, are good, but I can't compare them with Sykora. Sykora is just AMAZING. I wish I could see her back in the international scene.

• Hope Lang Ping would ask her to come back to the USA NT to play
    she is the best libero I ever seen
    willing to fly to everywhere to save the spikes

• i miss stacy soooooo much too. i think she is the best libero in the world. hope she can play in OG 2008.

• EVERYONE!!
    even sykora is back for USA!!
    They would be super strong this year for sure!

Sykora Returns to U.S. Women's National Indoor Volleyball Team

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Oct. 1, 2007) - Two-time Olympian Stacy Sykora (Burleson, blank) has returned to the U.S. Women's National Indoor Volleyball Team after nearly three years away from the team, according to U.S. Women's National Team Head Coach "Jenny" Lang Ping.

"We have been thinking of her return since June 2007, and have been testing our other liberos this summer," Lang Ping said. "We decided to ask her to come to Colorado Springs to train and compete with the other liberos for the upcoming tournaments such as World Cup. She was very successful playing for the U.S. team and is very experienced at the international level, and would love to have her training with the team."

However, Lang Ping cautioned that Sykora will need to earn roster spots for upcoming tournaments just like any of the other liberos currently training with the team.

"She is not an automatic as our libero," Lang Ping said. "She has not been playing with this team or at the international level for the last three years."

Last month, two-time Olympian Logan Tom (Salt Lake City, Utah) rejoined the squad after a similar break from the team after the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.

Lang Ping also announced the addition of outside hitter Kristin Richards (Orem, Utah) to the U.S. Women's National Team, along with the recent return of outside hitter Therese Crawford (Kalamazoo, Mich.) back to the gym. She also announced libero Candace Lee (Eugene, Ore.), opposite Charnette Fair (Atlanta, Ga.) and libero Kristen Fenton Michaelis (Marysville, Mich.) have decided to leave the team.