• Quote from "Nastja"

i dont like them so much :oops:
    maybe because they won in the OG 2004 against russia :roll:
    i think thats the only reason :roll: :wink2:

Hmmm... but I hope that you like polish nt :D
    ... they won with Russia on EC 2005 :wink2:
    Sorry for OT :oops:

• I don´t like China team either. :x

But I think they gonna be one of favorite teams in OG playing at home,.

I think Wang is gonna be one of the best players of the world. And they have Feng, that makes the difference.

• I don't like China Team because of a episode that happened in 2002 World Championship. They lost om purpose to both Greece and Korea to avoid facing Russia in the semifinal match of this tournament. They ended up by being eliminated by Italy in the semifinal match of this competition and leventually lost the bronze medal match to Russia.

Despite the lack of ethics of the Chinese team, they are really good and one of the best volleyball NTs in the world. As time goes by and they stop doing such things, I'm growing fond of the Chinese NT again.

• well, i have to say after some comments here that i like the team BUT NOT THE COACH

he was so calculating and tarnished the image of china when he asked the team to fake loss to korea back in 2002 world championship

he is not very smart to violate the fair play rule lol. with that kind of trick, and no medal. what a joke

i undertsnad that russia at that time was like a brazil in football world cup---the best team in the world, but if he didnt want to win, send all the subs and asked them to play their best

obviously, he made a fool of himself: plus the fact that he is so conservative for using the same 6 players in every match and tournament.
    inhuman cos he didnt allow players to medical treatment

trust me: what he did in 2002 was shocking
    and the whole nation was shocked and the chinese fans demanded his resignation

but in the same year, he won the asian game gold and the federation---those people in power---kept him and up till this day

so, when you ask me, i think i will make a distinction between what the head coach was/is and the team players: (they would be benched if not obedient
    so, i totally undertsnad what sheilla felt lol

• Thanks for the info, Colossus!

It really clarified my mind about this episode!

• Quote from "Celso"

Thanks for the info, Colossus!

It really clarified my mind about this episode!

well, ya know, thats not a good episode to remember for both the brazil fans and chinese fans and volley fans

trust me, sheilla and jaqueline are at their prime --25, i guess--this year
    so i think the world cup is the good chance they get gold
    ah, one more thing, the brazil head coach is great

his strategy of using all 12 players capable of offense and defense is great
    i have never thought that the bench payers are no less than the starting 7

btw, can i know why brazil is not taking part in volleymaster?
    is the league is on going at that time? thx

• Quote from "Nastja"

i dont like them so much :oops:
    maybe because they won in the OG 2004 against russia :roll:
    i think thats the only reason :roll: :wink2:

Same here, as for me it's also the only reason I don't like China team
    (May be now aslo because of what they did on WCH 2002, I just didn't know that, agreed with all fans whose teams missed their chances to play in quarters bacause of chinese coach.)

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• I don't like China team at all.
    China has amazing players, but I just don't sympathize with them. I think it all began with WCH02, because I think what they did there was unfair and irresponsable. If they were the best team in the championship they've won any game they played, doesn't matter who they were facing.
    Anyway, about this year World Cup I don't think they'll win either, as they didn't win WCH06, but they're the favorite to win OG08.

• Quote from "LothiePG"

I don't like China team at all.
    China has amazing players, but I just don't sympathize with them. I think it all began with WCH02, because I think what they did there was unfair and irresponsable. If they were the best team in the championship they've won any game they played, doesn't matter who they were facing.
    Anyway, about this year World Cup I don't think they'll win either, as they didn't win WCH06, but they're the favorite to win OG08.

Of course China won't win this year World Cup, because they won't take part in this this competition.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Quote from "Nick"

Of course China won't win this year World Cup, because they won't take part in this this competition.

Sorry, I read that after I posted it. LOL.
    I have been away from volleyball for so long, and I didn't know :oops:

• Quote from "LothiePG"

Sorry, I read that after I posted it. LOL.
    I have been away from volleyball for so long, and I didn't know :oops:

It's ok :wink2:

• Quote from "LothiePG"

I don't like China team at all.

i'm not so sure about that they are the favourite in 2008, considering that china only recruit new players into the team this year, 2007---i would think this is definitely too late for OG08 lol