Serbian NT

• Perhaps it'd be good to have a thread about this team, too, since they have a few fans here. ;)

Today Terzic announced the roster for the Olympic Qualifying tournament in May. There are 24 players there, and I don't feel like typing it up :P so you can find it here.
    A few surprises, like always: Anja Spasojevic is back! Hopefully this means she'll actually make it to Japan and not be left out in the last moment.
    However, Natasa Krsmanovic is not on the list. The only explanation I can think of is that there are some problems between her and Terzic.
    Except for Vesna Citakovic, all the other blockers are from Serbian league and they are about 19-20 years old and very inexperienced.
    A bit weird to see Brizitka Molnar's name on the list, she had (or at least was supposed to have) a surgery on her shoulder that would take her out for a few months.

Pretty much expected, but a bit disappointing nevertheless. I believe Serbia will qualify for the OG, but it's clear now that even in that case we're not going to send the best possible team.

• Joana, Russkii

What, in your opinion, the perfect roster for Serbian NT ??

• Joana, Russkii

What, in your opinion, the perfect roster for Serbian NT ??

I know that you didn't ask me but I want to express my opinion :P So...my perfect roster of Serbia on Beijing OG is:

S: Ognjenovic, Simanic
    MB: Citakovic, Krsmanovic... Eric :?:
    OH: Nikolic, Djerisilo, Spasojevic, Molnar
    O: Brakocevic
    L: Cebic, Vujovic

In my opinion Marina Vujovic (or another libero) is needed, becasuse Serbia usually has problem with receiving. She would be used especially when Djerisilo played as OH.

• I agree with pol. I'd really like to see a line-up with Brakocevic as OP and Spasojevic and Djerisilo as OHs.

According to Terzic, this list isn't final, and another players might be called in, including those who haven't played for Serbia so far. It could be interesting...

• WOW, Anja is back!! That's great! She is really needed! I'm happy! :drink:

I agree with pol and Joana on the perfect Serbian formation. What I don't understand is why Terzic insists on Djerisilo and Brakocevic OPP and Nikolic and Spasojevic OH? Why he doesn't try to have Brakocevic as OPP with Djerisilo and Spasojevic OH?

• WOW, Anja is back!! That's great! She is really needed! I'm happy! :drink:

I agree with pol and Joana on the perfect Serbian formation. What I don't understand is why Terzic insists on Djerisilo and Brakocevic OPP and Nikolic and Spasojevic OH? Why he doesn't try to have Brakocevic as OPP with Djerisilo and Spasojevic OH?

I hope that if Serbia needs Djerisilo/Spasojevic as OH and Brakocevic as OPP, Terzic would do it. It's not because her name is on the roster as opp or oh that he MUST place the players like that...
    But since Terzic has proved to be even more stubborn than any other coach, it can only stay as a dream :P

• ı think vesna tomaseviç (tenerife) must play in NT 8)

• I am not a fan of the Serbian NT, but I think it's a good team and has a future.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• tomaseviç has incredible service talent,so ı think she is better than molnar 8)

• Wow!!!! How good to hear that Spasojevic is back!!!

Well..I think Serbia has so much future!!!Really....cause look how many young good players they have....there are the ones that Terzic call and still so many that everyone here remembered!!!!!

This Vujovic is Zurich's libero ins't she???I really think he could call her...she is great!!!

I don't understand why he didn't call Avramovic...since she was the one that played at European quali!!!!!!

Well....anyway....I would call Krsmanovic and Eric before anyway.....

Terzic has problems with so many players.....maybe he is the problem!!!!! ?(

Well....I talked to Ognjenovic a few days ago....and she told me that Molnar had a serious problem...yes....but that if Serbia get the quali...that she would definetly be ready in time for the olimpic games....so...maybe this is the reason she is inside this group....maybe she get in time for this tournament too!!!!Or he just wanna her to be with the girls...training or sth like that!!! :box:

I think Serbia has great chance!!!!!I'll really cheer for them!!!!! :win:

• Serdar, have you ever seen Molnar play??

sure ı have seen :tzz: and it is my idea, ı said tomaseviç better molnar ok :win:

• sure ı have seen :tzz: and it is my idea, ı said tomaseviç better molnar ok :win:

well, I prefer Molnar and I think she's better than Tomasevic, but both of them are good :)
    The point is that Serbia has many talented players and I think by now they can replace players without loss of quality, in some positions :)

• It is interesting to see that now in Zurich Djerisilo plays as a receiving opposite. She is probably more confortable spiking from position 2. Her reception improved and I hope Terzic will train her on that position. I would like to remind that Sokolova, Aguero, Grun and Zhou Suhong are all excellent receiving opposites. So that role isn't impossible for Serbian NT as well.

My idea for Serbian NT is to use Spasojevic and Brakocevic as OH and Djerisilo as an OPP. With Spasojevic and Djerisilo with reception duties and Brakocevic without reception duties. Nikolic can play in all three position, so she can easily replace all three players. Molnar could replace Djerisilo or Spasojevic when needed.

Remember that the formula with the receiving OPP, one receiving OH and one non receiving OH is a winning formula. With it China won the 2004 Olympics, Russia won 2006 Worlds and Italy won 2007 Euros and WC.

• It is interesting to see that now in Zurich Djerisilo plays as a receiving opposite. She is probably more confortable spiking from position 2. Her reception improved and I hope Terzic will train her on that position. I would like to remind that Sokolova, Aguero, Grun and Zhou Suhong are all excellent receiving opposites. So that role isn't impossible for Serbian NT as well.

My idea for Serbian NT is to use Spasojevic and Brakocevic as OH and Djerisilo as an OPP. With Spasojevic and Djerisilo with reception duties and Brakocevic without reception duties. Nikolic can play in all three position, so she can easily replace all three players. Molnar could replace Djerisilo or Spasojevic when needed.

Remember that the formula with the receiving OPP, one receiving OH and one non receiving OH is a winning formula. With it China won the 2004 Olympics, Russia won 2006 Worlds and Italy won 2007 Euros and WC.

I agree with you! I think Terzic has a lot of possibilities in hand...and if he is able of work with that...he can even trace diferent strategies for different teams....witch would be really good for Serbia!
    On the other hand...we have to see if Brakocevic feels good spiking in position 4....if she does...I think you made a good solution for the team Samba player! :drink: hehehe

The thing is...he has to try all possibiblities...and see what works better...