Kasia Skowronska

• Kasia is really beauty girl and I say that as a girl!
    I have oportunity to watch her game, on live, many times when she played in polish team - Nafta, and I must to say that she is one of the best and the cutest Ladies in our national team and not only there and I am glaad that italian fans of volleyball think the same :D

"To get from the sport what I have got,
    rain what you really like,
    always work at least a little more than you are asked to
    and believe that everything that happens to you
    is leading you to the TOP!"
    Ivan Miljković

• Do you have more pics from this ocasion??I mean photos of our Miss Serie A1??

"To get from the sport what I have got,
    rain what you really like,
    always work at least a little more than you are asked to
    and believe that everything that happens to you
    is leading you to the TOP!"
    Ivan Miljković

• nice but why didn't they talk in italian? after all kasia is knowing well, i wanted a bit to listen :D
    but her english also sounds well :D

• I saw this interview of GrandPrix and though really interesting!!!!!

She is not just a good player...but have a great way of Thinking....really like it!!!!she seems very mature! Very calm.....

Definelty I am her fan now..... :D

• I know I already said that, but I siomply adore Kasia! She is first and foremost a fantastic player, but she's also beautiful, sweet, generous towards her fans and a little bit crazy :D She rocks!! :)

• I'm kind of mad at myself sometimes, because I never made an effort to go and talk to Kasia when she played in Poznan and now is so uch more busy that I don't know if I'd ever be able to meet her. I would love to though! She seems like she's so much fun! :)

• I'm kind of mad at myself sometimes, because I never made an effort to go and talk to Kasia when she played in Poznan and now is so uch more busy that I don't know if I'd ever be able to meet her. I would love to though! She seems like she's so much fun! :)

After the final... u went straight home?
    I was near the hotel and the players went by there. Kasia stopped and gave autographs and talked some. Of course not as much as she did after the semis, but still she was very friendly.
    You should have waited some!

• Trust me, I would have stayed if I could, but we had 700km to travel and work the next morning, so we really had to leave almost immediately after the match was over. I'm gonna have to try and meet Kasia in Wroclaw and hopefully I'll get lucky! It would be awesome to at least say hi to her and tell her how great she is! :)

• Yeah I never noticed how cool her technique was when she was playing middle. I also never noticed how good looking she was till I saw her playing live in germany. Only thing is that she seems to have quite a lot of mishits, maybe that's due to her getting used to being a spiker. She has good variation between her power spikes and her tip balls too! Does anyone know if she ever does a regular topspin jump serve? Awesome player, even more attractive then our own Manon Flier I would say and that's saying a lot :)

• Depends what u mean with a regular topspin jump-serve, but actually i've seen her serving different variations.
    Hard jumpserves, technical jump serves and these tricky serves... I think she has a wide variety of her play... The problem of her mishits is that she is getting sooo many balls in the nationalteam. Its different in Novara and wooop the mishits are not as often as in the NT.

Besides that here is a little profile about Kasia:
    Date of birth: 30.06.1983
    Family status: married (Husband Jakub)
    Playing position: Attacker, till 2006 Middleblocker
    Height: 189cm
    Weight: 75kg
    Block Height: 300cm
    Spiking Height: 314cm
    Clubs: Skra Warszawa, SMS PZPS Sosnowiec. ASZ AWF Danter Poznań (2001-03), Nafta-Gaz Piła (2003-05), Minetti Infoplus Vicenza (2005/06), Asystel Novara (from 2006 on)

Successes in the Nationalteam:
    European Champion with the Cadets (1999)
    Bronze Medalist at the European Championship of the Juniores (2000)
    2 times European Champion (2003, 2005)
    Best Attacker of the Worldcup (2007)

and here's a statement of Lena Dziękiewicz:
    We got to know each other some years ago in Piła. Kasia was a young and talented player, i was patching up holes in the squad and depending on the needs i was playing different positions. This summer we met again in the nationalteam.
    At camps and tournaments we live together. I like to talk with her, though she is younger she has a good grasp. Also an inspiring confidence. I dont missuse the word of friendship, but the bond, which connects us on court and off court since last year is a special kind of friendship. I appreciate her for her maturity, outspokenness, for her brave to outspeak her opinions but also the ability of listening and understanding others. Sometimes we amuse ourselfes. She sings well. Like me she likes to sing Karaoke. In Luxembourg we created a not so bad Trio, because Izabela Bełcik joined us. Even the Hotel staff was "appreciating" our performances.

Interview transated from "świat siatkówki" (january edition)

photo source: http://www.skowronska.pl

• Trust me, I would have stayed if I could, but we had 700km to travel and work the next morning, so we really had to leave almost immediately after the match was over. I'm gonna have to try and meet Kasia in Wroclaw and hopefully I'll get lucky! It would be awesome to at least say hi to her and tell her how great she is! :)

I like Skowronska, she is good. And Ania, tell her how great is she, players need to hear this, she has to know that she makes you and other poles happy. That's priceless. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Yeah, knowing Kasia, making us happy makes her happy too :) She's the sweetest girl and I will definitely tell her how awesome she is if I ever get a chance to meet her! :)