Brazil's National Team

• I've just read this article -> http://www.legavolleyfemminile…eggi.asp?tipo=-1&ID=20577 (it's in Italian, so I don't know how many of you will understand). It says that the Brazilian girls protested because they had to fly back from Beijing with an economic class ticket, while the guys had a first class ticket, even though the girls won the gold, and the guys didn't...So Fofao publicly asked for a more equal treatment with respect to the men's NT.
    Is it true? Do you know something about it?

• Yes, because the girls are so short they don't need any leg room... :roll:

• It says that the Brazilian girls protested because they had to fly back from Beijing with an economic class ticket, while the guys had a first class ticket, even though the girls won the gold, and the guys didn't...

LMAO, so the Polish WNT had to come back from Beijing by ship :lol:

• The men had first class tickets to Beijing because of their last results, the women had economic class tickets because they didn't have the same results of the men's team. Even the prizes in case of a Gold Medal for the Men's team had been already defined before the competition started, the girls didn't even know which would be their prizes in case of a victory. I believe this situation will change now that the Women's team won the OG.

• The men had first class tickets to Beijing because of their last results, the women had economic class tickets because they didn't have the same results of the men's team. Even the prizes in case of a Gold Medal for the Men's team had been already defined before the competition started, the girls didn't even know which would be their prizes in case of a victory. I believe this situation will change now that the Women's team won the OG.

Honestly, I had no idea about this situation, but it sounds so ridiculous to me!!
    It's such a stone-age idea :down: And to be honest, even if Brazilian women did not win WCH, WC and Pan-American Games, it's not like they "s*cked" that hard.

• Honestly, I had no idea about this situation, but it sounds so ridiculous to me!!
    It's such a stone-age idea :down: And to be honest, even if Brazilian women did not win WCH, WC and Pan-American Games, it's not like they "s*cked" that hard.

Yeah Lothie, i agree with you BUT ... here we have an expression, something like "kill a lion every day"
    The girls have to win gold to prove to some people that they could do it... that they are an exceptional team ... as if the other tournaments didn't count for anything..

I find this really sad!
    People here are not recognized when they win a silver or a bronze ... like a I see americans proud of their NT. This is the spirit!!! Congrats to you all americans!!!

"No time for losers 'cause we are the champions" :whistle: :dance6:

BRASIL, Gold in Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!!! :obey: :dance4: