Manon Flier

• It is a part of the new campaign of DELA which will start in September. I’m planning to record it. It will be a pleasure to share with you if I can record it, or at least if I can find a link about it :thumbup:

I'm looking forward for it. Thank you! :drink:

• It's a good start :drink: When we are waiting the commercial, I would like to learn some more about Manon's Brazil adventure. As far as I know when she was 15, she went to Brazil to train with Brazil Junior team for few weeks. I heard that it was a kind of prize for her. Do you know anything about it?

• No...I don't know much about it...cause this time...Brasil still didn't have a training center for all NT like now...so..the information of the youngers teams were really small...

But...well..Brazil always had a big number of dutch players here...Cinta was one of the firsts...then came Visser...
    I know...that Flier came to practice with Brasil team for a time....I don't know the reason for sure...but now listen to you saying about this prize thing...is not a strange information for me...I already heard that somewhere....so I think is possible...that had some project in Netherland...and she came...
    For this time she trained together with some very known players from Brasil this days like Paula, Jaque, Sassa....

After her then came Chaine...to play one season here...when she was 19...I think that Chaine also trained with the team...I don't know if it was in the same period of Flier...and then RExona decided to sign with her for one season...

• Thanks for information. I remember that Alice Blom and Elke Wijnhoven also were in Brazil at the same time with Flier. According to your information about Chaine Staelens, I think we can assume that it was a prize for the team :) We are solving the puzzle piece by piece :thumbsup: I wish we knew more about that...

• Thank you for the video Oranje.that was a very nice commercial of Manon

• Here is the commercial we have been waiting for :thumbsup:

Enjoy it :drink:

http://www.dela.nl/over_dela/wie_zijn_wij/tv-commercial/

Great! Thank you very much!
    The video feels very positively. I think, that is what they tried to achieve. But Manon looks differently from how she is, when preparing to do a serve :lol:

Seems, that Dutch really love Germans :rolll: ;)

Orange, can you translate, what narrator says?
    And btw, am I right, that it isn't her dad on the video ?? 8|

• Great! Thank you very much!
    The video feels very positively. I think, that is what they tried to achieve. But Manon looks differently from how she is, when preparing to do a serve :lol:

Seems, that Dutch really love Germans :rolll: ;)

Orange, can you translate, what narrator says?
    And btw, am I right, that it isn't her dad on the video ?? 8|

Unfortunately I’m not good at listening/speaking Dutch to translate the commercial :( . But I can share with you what I know about it. The commercial is about the insurance program called LeefDoorPlan which provides some guarantees for relatives of the insured person after his/her death. So as far as I understand from the commercial, the father figure’s absence in the beginning and his appearance at the end of the video symbolize this insurance process and its compensation effect, and what the narrator says is also about this process. I would appreciate if someone confirms me.

I think it was interesting theme choice for the first commercial for Manon. The story is a little bit cliché, but I liked Manon’s performance even though she looks different from how she is when serving in the matches. As you can notice she never looks at audience when she serving in the matches even if her parents sit there 8) .
    And you are right LightMaster, the man in the commercial is not Manon’s father.

• Nevobo website has a new section that the players answer the visitors’ questions. Visitors send their questions to the website and Nevobo editors select five of them to publish. I think the number of the questions is not enough, but it is better than nothing. And here are the Manon’s answers: http://www.volleybal.nl/include/files//Bestanden/Oranje/Steljouwvraagaan....ManonFlier.pdf.pdf

This is just nothing, compared to what inside-volley administrators can do... :whistle: ;)

• Thank you, Skrivic! :drink:

Amazing video. Have saved it for archive. That type of art can make male fans even crazier! :thumbsup: :lol: ;) If you have another videos, feel free to post :whistle:

Can somebody write the text in english?

• Hello

I found another movie where Manon is playing beachvolleyball. I think it's from the Dutch sportshow called Holland Sport.

You can download it here (20 MB). Credits to the original capper!

what a great video! perfect....

Imagine if Manon was a successful tennisplayer, she would earn millions of $ just with commercials and her looks! :D
    Luckily she plays volleyball though eheh

• what a great video! perfect....

Imagine if Manon was a successful tennisplayer, she would earn millions of $ just with commercials and her looks! :D
    Luckily she plays volleyball though eheh

According to machine translation of that, she played tennis from seven till twelve years old. So... who knows... maybe she could become a successful tennis player. But I don't regret, that she turned into volleyball :whistle: :D