Manon Flier

• Manon Flier had a traffic accident in Holland last week:(. Manon was with her mother in the car. The two cars involved in the accident were badly damaged. Fortunately no one injured:). Take care of yourself Manon!

• Manon Flier had a traffic accident in Holland last week:(. Manon was with her mother in the car. The two cars involved in the accident were badly damaged. Fortunately no one injured:). Take care of yourself Manon!

Oh god, yeah. Take care of yourself Manon!

• Oh, thank God everything is Ok! I wish health to Manon!:)

• Manon Flier was one of the guests of NOS London Late Night on August 4, 2012. Here’s the link of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv02lDrnJlg
    Is there anyone from the Netherlands who could summarize us what they talked about? I read a lot of negative comments about Mart Smeets’ attitute towards Manon. I really wonder what happened in that show.

Manon was a guest in the talkshow because of her boyfriend, Dutch beachvolleyballplayer (and former indoor-NT-player) Reinder Nummerdor. At the day of Manon's presence at the talkshow, last weekend, Nummerdor/Schuil were still in the tournament - yesterday they lost the semi-final against a German duo.

She talked about her role as girfriend of Reinder, in this OG and previous OG in Beijing. She said Reinder always wants to analyse his match with her in details - she listens with big patience to him - , while she herself is almost the opposite about her own (indoor)matches. Also she said she went many times to the cinema with Reinder last week, to break the habit of focussing only at the tournament.

She also talked about her transfer to Azerrail Baku and about her future-plans for NT (she wants to commit only for one year ahead..so each summer she will reconsider what to do.)

After the talkshow, there have been many negative reactions about the behaviour of the talkshowhost. He kept repeating, stressing the Dutch NT (Manon) failure to qualify for London OG. He repeated so many times, eventually Manon got tears in her eyes.. :hit: :hit:

• Thank you for your explanation. It’s really helpful. Unfortunately some people just focus on the results and it is impossible for them to appreciate the hardwork and effort. I think no one can say that Manon or her teammates didn’t do their best for qualifying for OG. According to me, if the talkshowhost wanted to talk to the responsible of not qualifying for OG he should have invited someone from Federation instead of Manon.
    What do you think the negative reactions about the behavior of the talkshowhost? Do you think that he really crossed the respect line?

• Thank you for your explanation. It’s really helpful. Unfortunately some people just focus on the results and it is impossible for them to appreciate the hardwork and effort. I think no one can say that Manon or her teammates didn’t do their best for qualifying for OG. According to me, if the talkshowhost wanted to talk to the responsible of not qualifying for OG he should have invited someone from Federation instead of Manon.
    What do you think the negative reactions about the behavior of the talkshowhost? Do you think that he really crossed the respect line?

Well, the talkshowhost (Mart Smeets) is the most famous sports-journalist in The Netherlands. He might be the best Dutch sports-journalist ever.

The problem is: he is quite arrogant and he often treats his guests like if they are a child. So, it's a question of to love his style or to hate his style.

I myself hate his style, though I think he is the best Dutch sport-journalist ever.

Considering Manon-case: I think he crossed the respect-line once more :teach:

• Maybe I'm wrong, but Manon reminds me Victoria Azarenka :mirror:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Olympic Feature – FIVB Hero Manon Flier

http://www.fivbheroes.com/2012…re-fivb-hero-manon-flier/

Maybe the American users will not agree with it, but in my opinion she has a little /kind of American accent :D :P