Avital Selinger is no longer Dutch NT's coach

• Oepsie: I read an interview today with Ron Zwerver, the coach of Nesselande men,where he talks about Avital and his father. He said: Avital takes 3,5 years to train the NT to where they now were,top of the world. And now,with the new team,he shows his great talent again!
    He said: the players have to protested against a new coach of the NT. The must say that they won't play in the NT if Avital is not the coach. That's the spirit!
    Will continue...

• Oepsie: I read an interview today with Ron Zwerver, the coach of Nesselande men,where he talks about Avital and his father. He said: Avital takes 3,5 years to train the NT to where they now were,top of the world. And now,with the new team,he shows his great talent again!
    He said: the players have to protested against a new coach of the NT. The must say that they won't play in the NT if Avital is not the coach. That's the spirit!
    Will continue...

The story continues. Today in a Dutch paper the talking of Manon,Kim and Caroline. They are not happy the way the Nevobo are searching for a new coach for the NT. They wanted only Avital the be the new coach. The NEVOBO said: there is a list of possible new coaches but the players said: we don't say yes to every name.We wanted Avital to be the coach for London 2012.
    And now?? Joop Alberda is calling the players next week. And then!!!!!????

• The NEVOBO said: there is a list of possible new coaches but the players said: we don't say yes to every name.We wanted Avital to be the coach for London 2012.

Is Selinger on the list too?

• If Netherlands NT doesn't want him and with Lang Ping not coaching the US Women's NT anymore, I wouldn't mind Selinger taking over the reigns of the US Women's NT for the London 2012 Olympics! ;) What do you think is the likelihood of that happening?

• one

Is Selinger on the list too?

Joop didn't told that but for the players there's only one option: Avital! That's the good spirit. They wanted to heard quick the answer of the NEVOBO,because in march they will train with the NT. I can ask Avital Saturday what's his opinion? Haha, I know his answer, his answer is on the field with the new Dela girls. There he shows his talents of coaching again and again.
    He said many times he wanted to be the coach of the NT, but on his termes.

• He said: the players have to protested against a new coach of the NT. The must say that they won't play in the NT if Avital is not the coach.

that's bit childish . playing for NT is an honour and i think players play for fans and for themselfs not for a coach. yeah he did great job with Netherlands team but don't forget that he didn't qulify for OG

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• that's bit childish . playing for NT is an honour and i think players play for fans and for themselfs not for a coach. yeah he did great job with Netherlands team but don't forget that he didn't qulify for OG

A little bit of preasure is ok.The players know Avital makes them better. When they get a new coach,you'll be starting again a new project. Avital has started the project three years ago, and is now learning the young girls how to play his system.
    Avital said he wil stay in Holland to make a new team to London. The men's NT has done many years to get their gold medal, why not the women?
    You're right, they don't qualify for Beijing, but they may need another chance?Most of the players are much better then three years ago.
    Avital owns a lot to Holland,and now he will give something back to Holland.May be in London 2012?

• yeah he did great job with Netherlands team but don't forget that he didn't qulify for OG

Yeah, he wasn't a good enough mathematician ;) Next time he should not only score more world ranking points, than opponents, but also to create a reserve to compensate some sudden wildcards hehehe :lol:

• Yeah, he wasn't a good enough mathematician ;) Next time he should not only score more world ranking points, than opponents, but also to create a reserve to compensate some sudden wildcards hehehe :lol:

he could also win with POland during ECH and qulify to semis and than no wild card would help POland :) and POland proof several times that they are better team than Netherlads :P and it was quite obvious that POland will get WC

• he could also win with POland during ECH and qulify to semis and than no wild card would help POland :) and POland proof several times that they are better team than Netherlads :P and it was quite obvious that POland will get WC

I prefer to remember easy 3:0 for the Netherlands on WGP2007 :D
    On ECH2007 they played in a relaxed mode, being sure in their participation to OG. But they definitely had to win in Halle. So, for now the score between Poland and Netherlands is 1:1 ;)

Btw, it was quite obvious, that wildcard should go to Russian NT :whistle:

• I prefer to remember easy 3:0 for the Netherlands on WGP2007 :D
    On ECH2007 they played in a relaxed mode, being sure in their participation to OG. But they definitely had to win in Halle. So, for now the score between Poland and Netherlands is 1:1 ;)

Btw, it was quite obvious, that wildcard should go to Russian NT :whistle:

yy nope score is 2-1 for POland :) :teach: :win: :box:

and yes Russia should get WC but it's not a secret that FIVB don't care about highest sport level all they care is their money and POlish federation is probably one of the richest so... :drink:

• Arie Selinger, father of Avital now coaches Israel women's NT. A few days ago he with the team came to Amstelveen to have a joint trainings with Dela Martinus.

Here is a video interview with father and son (in English).

Arie is 70 years old and he seems to be a very cool man! :thumbsup:

• Thanks Light Master!For the interview...

WEll..I think is going to be great for Holland if Avital stays...he is a great coach...and the girls like him...and trust him above all things...wining and loosing is part of the game....I dont like to measure if the work was good or not about the results...specially...cause the result sometimes dont depends only on you! You can ahve done your best..and still the other team wins..and that does not mean that the work was not good!!!!

Anyway...I do think that Holand has a young and talent team....and they do deserve a second chance with Avital!!!I mean...Brasil indeed needed two cicles to get the Olympic medal...sometimes...you just need more time!!! And I see that in Holland..I just think the girls need more time with Avital...one think must be told!!!Holland team definetly grow through this years...that is something everyone have to admit...this girls makes their fans really prond!!! ^^