sheilla showed middle finger to China team?

• It was long ago... it's hard to remember. I'm afraid I can't tell you if she really did that.

But I remember this one thing: the Chinese Team in that tournament lost two times on purpose (both to Greece and Korea) just to avoid meeting Russia in the semifinal match. Brazil had to play against them in the quaterfinals and maybe Sheilla really did that. I remember everybody in Brazil felt outraged with China's attitude, but I don't remember this "middle-finger" episode. I do remember the words of both the coach and the captain of Brazil's team in the press conference after the match in which China beat Brazil in 5 sets.

Karin Rodrigues (Brazil's captain): "It was close. We almost could ruin their plan to reach the semifinal match. I've never seen such a situation. One of the favourite teams being so afraid of playing against the other opponents. I'm very ashamed of China's Team behavior. They are choosing their opponents so badly that I'm sure they won't win this tournament"

Marco Aurélio Motta (Brazil's head coach): "First of all, I'd like to voice Netherlands team indignation with the China's team attitude of losing on purpose to Korea. Because of that, they ended up by not reaching the quarterfinals of this tournament. I hope China's team preparation in Netherlands had served a purpose. I don't know if the term "fair-play" exist at all in China."

• thanks Celso

I asked if sheilla showed middle finger or not cos many chinese fans hate Brazil team because of their so called rude behaviour.

The fans always say Sheilla showed middle finger to chinese team in 02 World Champion and blah blah.

I tried to find pics showing shellia showed her middle finger but there's none of
    them.

• Well, not only China's team fans hate Brazil NT. I thought only Brazil's team fans liked it! LOL! This is no surprise for me at all, with or without middle-finger being showed! LOL!

• haha..

why? What's wrong with Brazil team?

I think they r OK

But their fans r quite offensive...

When watching game, the fans make too much noise....

• I see what you mean, NaLuAh~C, Brazilian volleyball fans are almost hysterical. I don't know how this people get to pay attention to the match. They are always jumpimng and singing. A person who goes to the stadium for the sake of watching the match will surely get annoyed with their noise!

I wrote that cause I have this feeling that the most popular teams are Russia, Italy and China. At least this is what I could learn after reading and posting messages in the v-ball forums on internet.

• Quote from "Celso"

I see what you mean, NaLuAh~C, Brazilian volleyball fans are almost hysterical. I don't know how this people get to pay attention to the match. They are always jumpimng and singing. A person who goes to the stadium for the sake of watching the match will surely get annoyed with their noise!

I wrote that cause I have this feeling that the most popular teams are Russia, Italy and China. At least this is what I could learn after reading and posting messages in the v-ball forums on internet.

i totally undertsnad what sheilla felt at that time
    but the brazil team now is young and they are already great, so i believe world cup is the time for them to shopcase their potential

as for their noise, well, i guess its a way of expressing patriotism and PASSION AND SUPPORT
    but i rather think that the fans give too much pressure for the team

as some brazil fans pointed out that their have the pressure problem in big events

• Not just China hates Brazil
    Cuba and Italy dislike them as well
    cuba has a long history and Italy...
    it happen when Bonitta was still the coach of Italy and with Gumeruls (sry, don't remember how to spell his name)
    both of them are those very 'noisy' coach at the side...kinda like to scream at each other etc

• I don't agree playing smart with strategy in a tournament is 'Unfair' according to Brazil's coach. But showing middle finger to other players is definitely a bad behaviour without sportsmanship.

• Quote from "alexwchoi"

I don't agree playing smart with strategy in a tournament is 'Unfair' according to Brazil's coach. But showing middle finger to other players is definitely a bad behaviour without sportsmanship.

I think that a good team doesn't need to do "strategy" only to try to win. Maybe unfair wouldn't be the right word, but unethical... If all teams started to do that, I think people would change their opinions.
    Showing the middle finger is a bad behaviour, but I don't criticize Sheilla since if I did that I should make a long list of things that shouldn't happen.

• I agree with you Dreamland...is not that any team cant do it...you know...using this strategy...but I believe it was unethic!!!!and still is....is just dont need to do it....
    Here in Brasil we believed that if you want to show respect to tou team you're playing aginst with....you just have to do your best....no matter if is a top world team or the worst team in the world....you have always to play your best....I believe tthis is the easier way to show respect....and that time China didnt show respect for Korea, Brasil...or any other team...they didnt want to play against Russia....but in the end Italy won! So...I believe the strategy didnt work as they thought!

about Brasilian fans....I have to agree some people get over the edge some times....but is not most of it....it is just a brasilian way....we are very warm people....we like to help the team the way we can....and the only way when we aer watching a game is cheering!!!!I elieve a lot of countries around the world have a big cheer that sings all the time...ITaly is one of them...Poland too....Turkey...I mean...is something that is becoming normal and normal in volleyball!!!!

About Italy....I dont believe they hate Brasil.....on the other hand...I already heard that a lot of players come to spend time here....Sheilla once told in her site that she was on vacations in Beach park in Ceara and found Rinieri there!!!!!=)
    And Piccinini played here...she definelty has a lot of fans in here.....
    I mean...people here love Italy's players...and I believed that each time with more brasilian players in italian league...Italians will like brasilain players too....
    And talking about bonitta...come on...that man always on an argument with someone!!Surely is not easy to deal with him....

I cant say that the world dont hate Brasil...but I hope this change....because as someone said....they are just girls....20-23 years old...and some of them are really nice....Sheilla is one of them...I dont think she would hurt anyone....specially send a finger.....I mean...at least now...I cant say about the past...I really dont remember.....but I remember Brasil were really pist and she was only 18 years old...I guess it could happended....but I think some people should revelate some facts...come on...she was only 18....I sure if she did she is regrat now.... :wink2:

• No, we don't hate any team and definitely not Brazil!!! A lot of players play or have played in Italy and the fans were crazy about them (Fofao, Walewska, Sheilla, Mari, Erika, Jaqueline, Gattaz, Valeskinha, Marcelle, who else??). There is a rivalry (as in soccer), but not hating.
    Our fans are probably too noisy.

• Yeah...Samba player....that's what I was saying!!!!They dont hate each other at all!!!!!
    I think rivality will always be there....against any two good teams.....and thats good for the sport....if dont cross the line of respect of course!
    I think Brasil x Italy...always great matches!!!!Actually I believe that both teams play really similar game! And I love the way this teams play...Italy....Brasil...Holland....well...

And as I told...here in Brasil...people love Italian players....
    Piccinini...Paggi...Lo Bianco....Rinieri....Centoni...Fiorin...Ortolani....I know a lot people that love them!!!! :)
    And of course players from all over!!!!!Even he Cubans...eheheheh....we dont like to play against them....but people like the players....

so I think the cheer dont make noise for desrespect or nothing....is just a brasilian way to show some help for brasilian players during the matche....because we are very much like that....talk loud...with everyone....is from our culture! :lol:
    And I beleive italians are like that in cheer....because of that too....they are a very latin people too!!!! :wink2:
    I don't think is bad.....but again....just if dont cross the line of respect....unfortunetly some people do.....but I don't think we can say for that that all brasilian cheer is like that!