Lang Ping's Daughter

• LYDIA BAI - Part of the US Girl's Youth Team.

Position: Opposite/Setter
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 140
    Hometown/Residence: Tustin, Calif./Tustin, Calif.
    Birth Date: May 27, 1992
    Club Team/Coach: TCA 18-1s/Neil Mason
    High School/Grad Year: Arnold O. Beckman High School (Tustin)/2010
    College Status: Uncommitted

INTERNATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS: None

USA VOLLEYBALL HIGHLIGHTS: 2008 – Selected to the U.S. Girls’ Youth National Team…Helped TCA win the 18 Open Division title at the USA Junior Olympic Girls Volleyball Championships. 2007 – Helped lead TCA 18s to bronze medal at USA Junior Olympic Girls’ Volleyball Championships. 2006 – Selected to USA High Performance Select A2 Team.

HIGH SCHOOL HIGHLIGHTS: 2007 – Named All-Pacific Coast League First Team. 2006 – Named Best Offensive Player and Rookie of the Year.

PERSONAL: Born Lydia Bai on May 27, 1992, in Los Angeles, Calif.. …Nicknames include Lydz, Ladybug, Great Wall of China…Parents are Frank Bai and Jenny Lang Ping…Mother Lang Ping competed in the 1984 Olympic Games as an outside hitter and led China to a gold medal. She later coached China to a silver medal at the 1996 Olympic Games and is currently the U.S. Women’s National Team coach… Father Frank Bai competed on the Chinese National Team in team handball…Most admires her parents because “both of my parents are the most admirable people in my life. They have always been guiding me and supporting me no matter what decision I make as long as I am happy with my life. They have inspired me in so many ways and have shaped me to what I am today.”…Hobbies include swimming, watching movies, tennis and reading…Favorite books are Angels and Demons, The House of the Scorpion and Enders Game…Favorite foods are Italian and sushi…Favorite musical group is Coldplay…Favorite types of music are Hip hop, R&B, Pop and Alternative…Favorite professional team is the Los Angeles Lakers…Favorite athletes are Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic.

Shocking. 16 years old and 6'2 already. :-)

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• i like her :lol: she has a great taste :whistling:

She has good taste for books as well hahaha

Anyway, 6`2`` with 16 years old?? jesus christ! :what:

She has a growth disorder :lol:

• It seems she is gonna play for US national team in the near future. It would be big pressure for her to be against China national team. :(

BTW .Can someone tell me what position she plays? And she looks a bit old considering she is only 16. ^^

• She is still growing: now she is 6' 3".

She is, no surprise here, an outside hitter.
    The Beckman High School is walking distance from my place. So last year I watched her play couple times. Not bad, not bad at all.