USA Women's Team

• Post all your updates and news about USA Team!

:win:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Reports say that Logan Tom is considering to play at the beach again(with a partner named Angie Akers). Misty May-Kerri Walsh might be done with the beach that is why Logan is considering the transfer.

Some also mentioned that since Mccutcheon is the new coach, he will most likely adapt to the system he used for the men(which is not hard to find out..DUH)...To find OHs which are not really spectacular in hitting but are all around players(strong in passing, hitting, serve) like Reid and Riley in the Men. So if Logan is NOT gonna transfer to the beach, she will definitely retain her same position. But im doubting Kim Glass and Ogonna Nnamani as these two have passing woes(Nnamani worse though). There are more American OHs that are better in serve and reception such as Willoughby, Jordan Larson(recent Nebraska grad), etc. But with the way Kim Glass confidently handled the continuous serving of the Brazilians to her in the Olympic finals, im sure she will continue to grow and she definitely stood her ground.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I really wish to see Logan still in court NT!!!!Cause...first...USA will miss her a lot...second...is more chances of seeing her when she plays court..then beach!!hehehehe

And also..USA is coming for Brasil for the GP..I was hoping to see her...hehehehehehehe

But saying serious now....she is amazing player in court...and on the ebach...although she is fast in her adaptation..she didnt had much chances to play inernationaly...mayeb was a option...since the american beach volleyball pay much more then the international one...hehehehehe....

But as a wish..I hope she stays with the girls....she can become a good leader for the young talents to come...

• This is just my assumption to this rumor: If its true, Logan wants to try it out in the beach because she might think that getting the gold at the beach is a lot easier than indoors. Why? because the US has a very competitive professional beach volleyball program where a lot have considered it as the world's best...that's where Misty May-Kerri Walsh's invincibility came from, right? And since May and Walsh have expressed their intentions of not playing anymore for London, then Logan will have a big chance right up there. (If she medals in beach, she'll be the first person(?) to medal in both the beach and indoor vball. cool isn't it? :lol: )

Just my assumption.

• Reports say that Logan Tom is considering to play at the beach again(with a partner named Angie Akers). Misty May-Kerri Walsh might be done with the beach that is why Logan is considering the transfer.

Some also mentioned that since Mccutcheon is the new coach, he will most likely adapt to the system he used for the men(which is not hard to find out..DUH)...To find OHs which are not really spectacular in hitting but are all around players(strong in passing, hitting, serve) like Reid and Riley in the Men. So if Logan is NOT gonna transfer to the beach, she will definitely retain her same position. But im doubting Kim Glass and Ogonna Nnamani as these two have passing woes(Nnamani worse though). There are more American OHs that are better in serve and reception such as Willoughby, Jordan Larson(recent Nebraska grad), etc. But with the way Kim Glass confidently handled the continuous serving of the Brazilians to her in the Olympic finals, im sure she will continue to grow and she definitely stood her ground.

Geeze...Kim G is GOOD at passing and receiving. Go back and see what she did in the quarter and semis. I'm sure I can see her developing the killer and receiving international games at the position. She will definitely get a spot in the women's NT. As for Ogonna, let her out and Nic Fawcett in.

• After a successful comeback of 08, I think Logan will stay within the indoor VB program. From some rumors, she stated she would try her fourth attempt for the Olympic GOLD. Beach is the hobby, but not her job. I think she just wants to relieve herself on the beach after a long tense pro league.

• [Geeze...Kim G is GOOD at passing and receiving. Go back and see what she did in the quarter and semis. I'm sure I can see her developing the killer and receiving international games at the position. She will definitely get a spot in the women's NT. As for Ogonna, let her out and Nic Fawcett in.

ppaitt, you should have read the last sentence of my statement. To make it clear for you, I said that although Kim Glass has passing woes, she's definitely proven something during that final game against Brazil. She was relentlessly served by the Brazilian servers but she handled it pretty well. As of today, she's good in passing, but not yet consistent.

Nicole Fawcett will be Haneef-Park's replacement at the opposite. If Haneef will not play in London, then Fawcett will take her spot letting the 2 Kim's at the OH (if Logan will not play).

• I'm definitely a fan of Kim W, but with the current crop of young talent and considering the veterans like Haneef and Metcalf, I think that she is not locked for any position. But, I really hope that she would play in London. I hope that Fawcett do well in Novarra. Best of luck to her.

• This is just my assumption to this rumor: If its true, Logan wants to try it out in the beach because she might think that getting the gold at the beach is a lot easier than indoors. Why? because the US has a very competitive professional beach volleyball program where a lot have considered it as the world's best...that's where Misty May-Kerri Walsh's invincibility came from, right?

The AVP's top teams are really good. The top 3 teams (May/Walsh, EY/Branagh, Boss/Ross) are world class and are championship contenders. The 4th-8th teams are a level below, can be competitive in smaller FIVB tournies but will struggle to medal in major FIVB tournaments. The rest of the teams may pull an upset over a higher ranked team from time to time but do not have the consistency to challenge the top teams.

At this point of her career, I would say Tom has a higher chance medalling in the Olympics if she stays indoors than on the beach.

And since May and Walsh have expressed their intentions of not playing anymore for London, then Logan will have a big chance right up there. (If she medals in beach, she'll be the first person(?) to medal in both the beach and indoor vball. cool isn't it? :lol: )

Just my assumption.

When did May or Walsh express intentions of not playing in London? I follow the AVP but have not heard of May or Walsh taking themselves out of the running for London. They both want to start families in 2009 but I'm almost sure that they will start training again in 2010.

• When did May or Walsh express intentions of not playing in London? I follow the AVP but have not heard of May or Walsh taking themselves out of the running for London. They both want to start families in 2009 but I'm almost sure that they will start training again in 2010.

I read it last month on a volleyball forum. I forgot which one but ill post it as soon as i will have it.

• Some also mentioned that since Mccutcheon is the new coach, he will most likely adapt to the system he used for the men(which is not hard to find out..DUH)...To find OHs which are not really spectacular in hitting but are all around players(strong in passing, hitting, serve) like Reid and Riley in the Men. So if Logan is NOT gonna transfer to the beach, she will definitely retain her same position.

I would be a bit worried if by 2012, there are no outside hitters to challenge Logan Tom for a starting position in the US national team. I'm definitely excited to see the development of the younger players. If things go right for the indoor team (players choose to play for the National team, new grads don't go to the beach, players go to high level professional clubs and leagues) USA could have more depth on that OH position than they have had in the past 10 years.

As much as I appreciate Logan Tom's play, I'm actually looking forward to the time that US national team would figure our a way to win without her on the court.

I read it last month on a volleyball forum. I forgot which one but ill post it as soon as i will have it.

Thanks! That would be my first time reading about it.

There's certainly a lot of rumors floating about these days.

• hi marshmellow. its actually SEMI-RETIREMENT that is discussed in this link:

http://209.85.175.132/search?q…&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=ph

Semi-retirement meaning the two will start a family and eventually go back to the beach then? ?(

• hehe what I heard about Walsh/May was actually that :)
    And Kerri is already pregnant, which is cute :D

I think Tom should decide, either beach or court... I think things are pretty easy for her, because she can do whatever she wants for 3 years and then in the last the coach just calls her back because there isn't other player for her position with the same quality.

• hehe what I heard about Walsh/May was actually that :)
    And Kerri is already pregnant, which is cute :D

I think Tom should decide, either beach or court... I think things are pretty easy for her, because she can do whatever she wants for 3 years and then in the last the coach just calls her back because there isn't other player for her position with the same quality.

Yes, Kerri is already pregnant and she has gained some weight. She says she is chubby now, according to an interview she gave. ^^