Best float server

• I've heard that because of the new ball, the float serve will become useless and will probably go in disuse. (I hope it isn't true!!!). I haven't seen yet the new ball in action, just small practice videos.

Many players used that kind of serving as a trademark. In your opinion who were the best in doing so?

Poljak, Barazza, Sheilla, Fabiana, Bednarek, Bahar Toksoy, Maculewicz, Mroz (:(), generally a lot of Polish players, Borodakova ...

• I liked Kozuch's serves, im not sure though if she still serves like that.

Btw, from watching the match serbia-poland, i didnt notice a big difference in serves. bednarek served like always.
    The ball might float not that extreme anymore, but the spin is definitely more important. And im sure players who practise float services will continue to ;)

• For me the best float serve is Thaisa's. In 2007 she couldn't serve well in the NT, but this year she's been serving like she used to do in the domestic league and her serves are causing serious problems for players who have to receive them.

• Many players used that kind of serving as a trademark. In your opinion who were the best in doing so?

Do you have an idea of how to measure the quality of floating serve? :)

If to try counting aces, than I think Barazza and Merkulova are somewhere close to the top.
    But, in my opinion, floating serve is not about aces. It is a compromise between making a fail-safe serve and trying to complicate a receive for the opponent. From this point of view, the unconditional number one for me is Debby Stam. She has the most reliable serve from all players (for example 67 serves with 1 fault on WGP07). And her serves often cause troubles with receiving to the opponents' team, so the longest series of earned points are always on Debby's serves.

• Merkulova is the best....

• Anna Podolec is fantastic on serve ;) 4 aces with match versus Germany in Halle, it were great emotions ;)
    IN my opinion volleyballers, which serve very dificult is: Aga Bednarek, Saori Kimura,Ania Barańska, Cornelia DUmler,Margarete Kożuch,Fabiana,Merkulova,Sokolova,Toksoy,Kimberly Glass,Angelina Grun :)

• pol you write in reprezentacja.net often? :) I remember :) YOu like Kazakhstan team :) hehe, this movie is great, I love watch this :) ..I hope Ania will be serve in Pekin :)

• cornelia dumler's service looks very simple to receive but it is not :whistle: turkish young middle bahar toksoy and kimberly glass other ood sloat servers ;)

• hehe, this movie is great, I love watch this :) ..I hope Ania will be serve in Pekin :)

In general I think serve will be our strong point in Beijing. Not only Podolec is very good server but Skowrońska, Bednarek, Liktoras, Barańska and Gajgał too. Especially Gajgał may make a surprise because she has quite good jump serve.

pol you write in reprezentacja.net often? :)

Yes, of course :P

• Unfortunately I can't write in reprezenacja.net because administrator gave ban me;/ but I read this forum very often :) ..

• Best float serves for me are: Thaisa, Kim Glass and Ana Podolec.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Do you have an idea of how to measure the quality of floating serve? :)

If to try counting aces, than I think Barazza and Merkulova are somewhere close to the top.
    But, in my opinion, floating serve is not about aces. It is a compromise between making a fail-safe serve and trying to complicate a receive for the opponent.

Not just aces, but in general complicating the reception of the opponent. How? It depends on the rotation. So when in some rotation they are on court, serving near the MB and near the OPP complicates the reception, because they will have to receive or the OH will have to cover them. Serving between position 1 and 6 and 6 and 5. Serving near the lines. Serving on the OH that is in front row to complicate her attack. Serving to disturb the movement of the setter. And so on and so forth. I don't agree very much about flawless. Sometimes you have to risk and some errors are accepted.

Polish girls were one of the best in float serves in my opinion. It's because of this that I'm worried about the new ball.

• Not just aces, but in general complicating the reception of the opponent. How? It depends on the rotation. So when in some rotation they are on court, serving near the MB and near the OPP complicates the reception, because they will have to receive or the OH will have to cover them. Serving between position 1 and 6 and 6 and 5. Serving near the lines. Serving on the OH that is in front row to complicate her attack. Serving to disturb the movement of the setter. And so on and so forth. I don't agree very much about flawless. Sometimes you have to risk and some errors are accepted.

Ok, I see. If risk and faults are accepted, then I prefer the force jump-serves. Giving the same statistics as risking float serves, they are much more spectacular to watch. Especially, when the servers are Baranska, Brakocevic, Flier, Grun, Nesovic :thumbup:

• wel in the float serve we can distingue many kinds, it depends on what we carcterize it, there is the jump floating serve( like sheila, poliak, the midlle blocker of germany ) and the ordinary floating serve.
    but it can also be devided into é categories depending on the distance of its excecution, near to the back line or far .

for me the best serve is not only the one that makes most aces, we could have a strong service and put the oppenent reception bad quality , n women specially because of the height of net comparing to the height of hands of player it is a dangerous arm, because the balls falldown very quicklly, and it also make the surface to cover from the recievers bigger then on the men teams.

of coarse it can also be used to a tactical choice, i mean for exemple make a serve to position to push the seter to play to outside.

a nd i've been raining with the new balls for about 2 mounthes, of course the sensation of hitting the ball is different and the ball has les effects then before but the serve is still dificutl because of height and surface and also speed.

i hope that you understand me.
    and by the way, you should look for back serve from algerian team in beinjing, they did great serves in abudhabi tournament, specially MOUNI ABDERAHIM whom has a verry strong serve from far that comes verry fast and wich doesn't have a lot of rotating effect

• i particularly like the short serves :serve: that disables the quick plays immediately.

i think danielle scott and leggeri often does this. it wouldn't be an ace but this setter is left with no options but to set :set: the outside hitter.

Fabiana's podolec's and ramirez's serve are pretty difficult to handle too. :bump:

i forgot the name of that japanese player, her floaters are really precise or if she does not opt for placement, she is able to place the ball really short.

i almost forgot, tomkom nootsara from thailand scores a lot of aces with her float serve

• In my opinion Poljak, Barazza and Grün are the best- always surprise serves and always difficult to estimate. :serve: I like too Lo Bianco, Podolec and Glinka serves- theoretical very easy but very dangerous in fact.

Es ist gut, daß uns ein Hoffen gegeben, ein Selbstbetrug dadurch man vergisst, daß unser Gastspiel in diesem Leben eine tragische Komädie ist

• Do you have an idea of how to measure the quality of floating serve? :)

But, in my opinion, floating serve is not about aces. It is a compromise between making a fail-safe serve and trying to complicate a receive for the opponent. From this point of view, the unconditional number one for me is Debby Stam. She has the most reliable serve from all players (for example 67 serves with 1 fault on WGP07). And her serves often cause troubles with receiving to the opponents' team, so the longest series of earned points are always on Debby's serves.

Yes, Debby Stam has the best float service I know.

• In my opinion,I think the most best Float Serve was Yue Sun,She is the old OH in China.and the old lady in Cuba like Torres,Bell wew really good in this way.the Rus's best Float Serve I prefer Morozova.

Now,Glass' serve pretty impress me.I think she could be the best in the future.