Did Carol Costagrande retire from national team?

• I know she is Argentine. But she didn't play for Argentine in final four 2008. She is a strong attacker and almost the most famous Argentine female volleyball player. So I guess maybe she retired from national team and focuss on club team. Anyone knows? Sorry I am just newly a volleyball fan. :heart:

• I know she is Argentine. But she didn't play for Argentine in final four 2008. She is a strong attacker and almost the most famous Argentine female volleyball player. So I guess maybe she retired from national team and focuss on club team. Anyone knows? Sorry I am just newly a volleyball fan. :heart:

She is already an Italian citizen for almost 2 years,and the 2002 World Championships was her last performance in Agentina national team!

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• I heard, that she would be playing in Italian NT

• There can be just one naturalized player in a NT. So until Aguero is in, Costagrande is out.

• Unless Barbolini thinks Costagrande is more valuable than Aguero ;)

Of course!!
    Costagrande plays really good, so, who knows, maybe this summer we will see her instead of Aguero. Today Carolina wa amazing against Bergamo and Barbolini saw her, because he commented the match on Sky channel.

• Well, both Costagrande and Aguero are great, even if when I had the opportunity to see Costagrande playing live, she didn't make one single good match. But on the Italian Championship she plays greatly!
    I think Aguero is still more valuable than Costagrande, but don't know for how long she'll continue to play on NT and even for how long she'll play volleyball...
    Anyway, I think Barbolini should give a try: take Aguero to one competition and Costagrande to another, so he can test both of them, and decide which should play in important competitions. Sometimes we think Aguero is better but maybe Costagrande could be a surprise...
    The only thing I think counts in real favor of Costagrande is that she'd play her soul out to keep her position on NT, while Aguero has all the fame and probably doesn't need to do great performance to be there (sorry, but that's how I feel about Italian NT sometimes).