Nancy Metcalf

• I dont think Nancy Metcalf has a thread yet, so here it is (correct me if im wrong). All you Metcalf fans there.. :wavy:

I also would like to ask something...What is Nancy Metcalf up to as of the moment? Is she still playing for the US National Team? I really dont have any updates with her.

:)

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• She is still playing for the Turkish defending Champion-Eczacıbaşı Zentiva Istanbul Sport club,and just recovered from injury for a few days,I think if McCutcheon need her,she would play for the NT again!

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• She didn't play in the last seasons of NT because of injuries... she had surgery this year (6 months of recovery) and couldn't go to the OG.
    I have hopes she'll return to NT next season :D

• She didn't play in the last seasons of NT because of injuries... she had surgery this year (6 months of recovery) and couldn't go to the OG.
    I have hopes she'll return to NT next season :D

Oh same here Lothie. Im hoping that she'll be in NT for the grand prix and other competitions.

I am watching the video of Metcalf's Nebraska College team went up against Tom's Stanford College team..and da*n! im missing Metcalf. The video is the semifinals of 2001 NCAA..Metcalf's amazing since then. She's just so humble and adorable.

Nancy! Come back to NT please! No injuries i hope.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Oh same here Lothie. Im hoping that she'll be in NT for the grand prix and other competitions.

I am watching the video of Metcalf's Nebraska College team went up against Tom's Stanford College team..and da*n! im missing Metcalf. The video is the semifinals of 2001 NCAA..Metcalf's amazing since then. She's just so humble and adorable.

Nancy! Come back to NT please! No injuries i hope.

No, she is very good play in eczacıbaşı zentiva in istanbul . we can not send back sorry:tzz:

• Hey Jist, is there any way you can post that game? :) Nancy playing for the Huskiers was just amazing!
    Well, she needs to go to NT so I can see her playing in WGP :dance6: :dance6: :dance6: Let's see what happens, I think that if she makes the season without injuries, she'll come back to the main team.

And no problem, she can play both in Eczacibasi and national team, I don't care :lol: :lol: :lol:

• I support!!!!If you could upload here the game would be great!!!!!

I remember a few yers ago..the ESPN in Brasil...used to show the finals matches from NCAA!!!Always great!!!!But I dotn know...but they dont do it anymore!!!=(

By the way...Jist...could you open here a new thread...to tell about the NCAA? ^^ ...How are things there?Who won..this kind of thing....that would be great....thanks already! :roll:

• I support!!!!If you could upload here the game would be great!!!!!

I remember a few yers ago..the ESPN in Brasil...used to show the finals matches from NCAA!!!Always great!!!!But I dotn know...but they dont do it anymore!!!=(

By the way...Jist...could you open here a new thread...to tell about the NCAA? ^^ ...How are things there?Who won..this kind of thing....that would be great....thanks already! :roll:

Joana, I actually made a thread a week ago about NCAA Volleyball located at the General Section.

Here's the link: http://www.inside-volley.com/w…page=Thread&threadID=3011

Please post anything about NCAA please.

University of Nebraska vs Stanford University - Semifinals 2001 NCAA (Nebraska had Metcalf while Stanford had Nnamani and Tom.)

Part I http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OKLXH28R
    Part II http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TD0EHSEO
    Part III http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZSULBH3U

Enjoy! :)

• Hey Jist, is there any way you can post that game? :) Nancy playing for the Huskiers was just amazing!
    Well, she needs to go to NT so I can see her playing in WGP :dance6: :dance6: :dance6: Let's see what happens, I think that if she makes the season without injuries, she'll come back to the main team.

And no problem, she can play both in Eczacibasi and national team, I don't care :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure Lothie.

You can click the links above or go to this thread: http://www.inside-volley.com/w…ad&postID=38291#post38291

Metcalf in 2001 is amazing although Nnamani had her numbers in that game. She was blocked...oops im spoiling the fun. :lol:

• Actually I prefer her to leave Eczacıbaşı Zentiva at the end of the season, she is a great player but she has been injured since last year and this doesn't help Eczacıbaşı in any situation, I hope Eczacıbaşı can transfer more effective OP for the next season like Sheilla or Skowronska.

• Actually I prefer her to leave Eczacıbaşı Zentiva at the end of the season, she is a great player but she has been injured since last year and this doesn't help Eczacıbaşı in any situation, I hope Eczacıbaşı can transfer more effective OP for the next season like Sheilla or Skowronska.

Can Eczacibasi afford Sheila or Skowronska? ?( If yes, Metcalf is done. :S

Anyway, I think Metcalf was operated before the Olympic games to fix something. Did the injury recurred again?

• ı think after her shoulder operation she performs quite well and ı believe she will be much better,She played just a few games and she did her job well in those games.Apart from her good play,she has such a nice character.She usually smiles.Nancy is one of my favourite players.

• Can Eczacibasi afford Sheila or Skowronska? ?( If yes, Metcalf is done. :S

Anyway, I think Metcalf was operated before the Olympic games to fix something. Did the injury recurred again?

I believe that Turkish teams can afford anyone :lol: :lol: I just don't know if these players will want to play there.
    And if Nancy leaves Eczacibasi, she'll find other team rather easily, I think.

She was operated before the OG and she's fine now. But I don't think she'll return to the national team, except in my dreams :lol: . I'm trying to cope with that.

• Thanks Jist!!!I havent see it yet...I'm going to take a look there!!!
    thanks for the game too!

• Can Eczacibasi afford Sheila or Skowronska? ?( If yes, Metcalf is done. :S

Eczacıbaşı is one of the best and richest team of Turkish leauge, I'm sure they can afford Sheilla or Skowronska, I don't know about Sheilla but we heard some gossips that Skowronska might think to play Fenerbahçe Acıbadem İstanbul for next season but this is just a gossip, Nancy Metcalf started to play last games she has played good but if Eczacıbaşı wants to be successful at iecl they need better foreign players except Mirka, Mirka is great.

• OMG, From the above threads that Metcalf had many many injuries and surgeries in the past 2 years. She is so unfortunate. I just wondered why she was not in US NT in OG. She would be better to be with Tom as 2 regular spikers. And the OG final would be more fierce.I mean I like Brazil but the OG final was so doomed.

And there are some rumors that the absence of Metcalf is because of Tom. Tom said if Nancy was in then Logan would be out of NT. Tom is like a tomboy . I never thought she would be so mean to threaten the coach. And Jenny Lang Ping also would not be so stupid.

Now everything is clear.I hope Metcalf would recover and play for NT soon. :super:

• Although as much as WE would like to see Metcalf be at the National Team again, the emergence of better, taller and younger players may hamper that scenario. No doubt about Metcalf's talent but she will get competition in the opposite position from these players: Haneef, Willoughby, Fawcett and even Olsovsky. Plus Nnamani if Hugh wants her to change playing positions.

Willoughby has proven her worth in Beijing. Nnamani played that position in Novara and she handled it pretty well. Plus most importantly, Fawcett being 6'4, 22 years old getting(soon) the much needed professional volleyball experience no where else but on the best women's league in the world...

;(

• OMG, From the above threads that Metcalf had many many injuries and surgeries in the past 2 years. She is so unfortunate. I just wondered why she was not in US NT in OG. She would be better to be with Tom as 2 regular spikers. And the OG final would be more fierce.I mean I like Brazil but the OG final was so doomed.

Metcalf plays better as an Opposite, not as an Outside hitter who has to pass the ball. Metcalf as an OH in the US team and her club team struggled with passing duties.

Brazil was just the best team in the Olympic Games. I don't think having Nancy on the US team would have changed the result.

And there are some rumors that the absence of Metcalf is because of Tom. Tom said if Nancy was in then Logan would be out of NT. Tom is like a tomboy . I never thought she would be so mean to threaten the coach. And Jenny Lang Ping also would not be so stupid.

This is preposterous! First, that a player would threaten Lang Ping to not have another player on the team? Are you serious? That's as ridiculous a statement as I've heard in all my time following the US national team :lol: :lol: I assure you that Lang Ping would not tolerate any of that. :lol: Had anyone said that, it is more likely that they would be the one out.

Second, Metcalf could not be in Beijing because she underwent shoulder surgery, not because any player in the team would not want her on the US NT. You've been misinformed or somebody has been pulling your leg.

Nancy and Logan have known each other since their NCAA days (early 2000s) and have played together for years (2000-2004) in the National team as well.

I have followed both player's careers and I assure you that the scenario you described is highly unlikely. :lol:

• I totally agree with BVB, I don't know what Tom thinks or not, but I'm quite certain Nancy's absence wasn't related to any kind of thing like this. First because I doubt Lang Ping would just accept such behavior, and second because I doubt Nancy was faking a surgery :lol: :lol:
    Anyway, even if McCutcheon asks her, I think she won't be back. I think it's time for getting new players to replace the older ones, but in my opinion it's important to have a transition time, older and younger players on court together so they can learn how to handle things.