Best Jump Server

• destinee hooker?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

funny, funny name

yeah! it is a funny name. :lol:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Some additional names to the list

Serbia:
    Ivana NESOVIC impressed me very much in Montreux 2008
    Brizitka MOLNAR misses very often, but Terzic doesn't substitute her

Croatia:
    Katarina BARUN does cool left-handed serve, but also often use float serve.
    Sanja POPOVIC :mirror:

Russia
    Natalya GONCHAROVA served very strong for Ukrainian NT.

Poland
    Klaudia KACZOROWSKA tries to compete with Anna Baranska, but unsuccessfully by now ;)

Germany
    Denise HANKE left-handed setter with strong jump-serve and own memorable style

Italy
    Marika SERAFIN has very strong and sharp service. I've noticed her only yesterday
    Sarah PAVAN also has powerful left-hand :D

Zoppas Industries Conegliano has very strong serving trio Brakocevic, Serafin, Pavan, but looks like it doesn't help to win games in Serie A1.

If talking about the best server, I think it is right to evaluate technics and spectacularity, because results, number of aces and faults vary from tournament to tournament for every player.
    The best force jump server is Manon Flier. Her moves are better, than any other player around. Every single motion is smooth and consistent. And the whole action itself is absolutely perfect. TV operators and directors are agree with me. There is even an advertisement with Manon. Her serve should be acknowledged as sporting art :thumbup:

• If to recall a near past, Birgit Thumm from Germany also created a lot of troubles to the opponents with her serve.

• yeah! it is a funny name. :lol:

I think her parents didn't really thought about the future when they chose this name... makes me remind of one movie where the main character was Gaylord Fuck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, I forgot to mention that I used to like Angelina Grün's service...When she was inspired, she'd make a big mess on the other team...

• Kathy Wilkins from USA has a very strong serve too.btw where is she playing now?she didn't play for the NT recently right?

• ı think the best is sokolova because her services are consistent.Cubans have very strong services but they make a lot of mistakes :wall:

• Brasil: Jaqueline, Mari, Sheilla, Paula, Sassa

• for me the best server are
    nancy carillo:
    she has an intresting and verry dificulte way of serving, she trough the ball verry high and when she hitts the ball her arms are in complete extension. i sew here many times serving around 105km/h which is huge but it looks like she can do much better.

santos: during this olympic game she was devastating, she disturbed all teams reception , she doesn't through the ball verry high but she has a big arm velocity that gives to the ball alot of power.

elenagodina, during wch2006 was also a strong server, here skill is different, she hitts the ball verry high but doesn't give to the ball much rotation, so it is like a spike-floating serve which is nto eazy to recieve.

there are also some players that marked history of spike serve:
    aguerro and chachkova from 98 to 2001.
    then came zoila barros ,in olympic 2004.

• Yes, i remember Glinka's serves on EC 2003.:) Now, Cuba players have got great jump serves!

• For jump servers my favourites are: Godina, Baranska, Flier, Yaneva, almost all NT of Cuba, Popovic, Darnel, Nikolic and Skowronska( but as many of you mentioned she doesn't use it so often ) :P

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• elenagodina, during wch2006 was also a strong server, here skill is different, she hitts the ball verry high but doesn't give to the ball much rotation, so it is like a spike-floating serve which is nto eazy to recieve.

That's true!! I didn't notice that, but watching again, that's not really a jump serve, but rather a jump float? :S ?(

• yes that's what i've noticed since a long time, she doesn't give a lot of rotation effect to the bal, so the ball is going fast and litle bite floatting, which is hard to recieve.
    u can check that on whc2006 matches.

• I think her parents didn't really thought about the future when they chose this name... makes me remind of one movie where the main character was Gaylord Fuck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, I forgot to mention that I used to like Angelina Grün's service...When she was inspired, she'd make a big mess on the other team...

she doesn't really have a choice. it's her destiny to become a hooker

• I think Aguero really has an effective serve. Maybe is not very spectacular, but is very difficult to receive. If you look at the statistics she scores almost always at least an ace in every match. But is not just about aces. How many players have a perfect reception on her serves?
    What makes her serves difficult is that she is very unpredictable. She hides the type of serve till last second. You have to be very carefull when Aguero is serving. She is very tricky and smart.

Lucia Bosetti has an impressive jump float too.

I'm looking forward to watch Destinee Hooker's serves in Italian League next year.

• Elles Leferink (NED) I remember her powerful serves against Turkey in 2003.She was the best server of Euro 2003.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: