Best Jump Server

• My favorite service was sheilla's in Olympic final 2008. She put the ball exactly on the back line of the field behind position 5. Wonderfull service :obey:

• My list:

Elena Godina - Russia

Lioubov Sokolova - Russia

Evgenia Artamonova-Estes - Russia

Ana Moser - Brazil

Raquel Silva - Brazil

Erika Coimbra - Brazil

Paula Pequeno - Brazil

Jacqueline Carvalho - Brazil

Logan Tom - USA

Hao Yang - China

Wang Yimei - China

Wang Lina - China

Manon Flier - Netherlands

Taismary Aguero - Cuba

Nancy Carillo - Cuba

Yanelis Santos - Cuba

Angelina Grun - Germany

• Why nowadays fewer and fewer players jump serves? Sokolova, Gamova, Wang Yimei, Picci, Jacqueline all gave up. Also a lot of Cubans gave up. I'm talking about powerful jump serves not jump floats

• Why nowadays fewer and fewer players jump serves? Sokolova, Gamova, Wang Yimei, Picci, Jacqueline all gave up. Also a lot of Cubans gave up. I'm talking about powerful jump serves not jump floats

First of all, jump serves cost a lot of energy, so they are the first thing players abandon when they need to save power. Also, the error rate is simply too high, and a jump serve that isn't done perfectly is much easier to receive than a good jump float serve. In general, jump floats are less risky both in the movement and the result, it's easier to target players, and jump floats are very difficult to receive. Best example is German NT, almost all of them use very effective jump float serves.

• The only one I can see that consistently jump-serve is Santos. Oops, I forgot, Larson and Tom as well. KYK alternates between soft jump serve and hard.

Considering that Santos is Setter/Opp, she must have a very high endurance. ^^

• Dobriana Rabadjieva :super:

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Barbara Jelić at 2000 Olympic Games. Just remember! ;)