• I'm fan of Ma Yunwen, I wonder if anyone has information about this player ...
    She's MB China, participated Olympics 2008... :call:

• :call: Olá henrique, This is Ma Yunwen calling back to you.

She is from Shanghai (China's biggest city and business center like rio de janerio in Brazil :lol: ), China.
    Female of course.
    Born on 1986.10.19.
    Height : 1.89 m.
    Weight : 69 kg.
    Spike height : 3.15 m
    Block height : 3.07 m
    Position : MB
    Club : Shanghai
    Hobby : shopping

Ma was in Shanghai Junior Sport School when she was 6 year-old to play BASKETBALL :obey:. After 6 years training Ma became a good junior basketball player at the age of 12. But her former sports players parents thought she was too skinny to play basketball.So she took their suggestion to play volleyball. In 2002 she was selected to Shanghai female volleyball club to transfer from a basketball player to a volleyball player. Due to this her volleyball basic skill is not as good as those of her same age. But she is very clever and catch up quickly.Now she is the star player of Shanghai team. And in this season China A1 league Shanghai team will probably be the champion.

• heheheheheheh!

Thank you very much! :call:
    You know if she continues in the selection?
    As holder yet? ^^

• heheheheheheh!

Thank you very much! :call:
    You know if she continues in the selection?
    As holder yet? ^^

Do you mean If she is still in natioanl team? China volleybal federation just declared that Mr. Chen Zhonghe will still be national team coach. But national team hasn't started to train. Girls need to prepare for final part of A1 league. Shanghai club will go for champion.So there is no national team roster now. But Ma probably continue to be one of them. Because Zhao Ruirui just had an operation for her leg once again. So Ma and Xue Ming will probably be the regular 2 middle blocker for national team.

• Yes, I meant it!
    Thank you for the information!
    I hope she is successful in the selection!

• Yes, I meant it!
    Thank you for the information!
    I hope she is successful in the selection!

Sorry henrique I made a mistake before. I said Chen Zhonghe will still be Chinese female NT coach. It is not true. Sorry. :roll: Because at that time Chen and Media showed like it should be him but it is just not announced。 But today Chiness volleyball association announced Chen is not the female NT coach. It will be Mr. Cai Bin who was former coach of Chinese female A1 champion Shanghai-cable tv(5 successive champs in late 90s) and former Chinese female youth NT coach since 1999 till now.

The association said Mr. Cai is young (42-year old) and has a better knowleage of advanced technology (volleyball computer software etc.) and most important he knows young players from home and abroad better than Mr. Chen.Most of the young players of Chinese NT were once coached by him in youth NT like Wang Yimei, Wei Xiuyue, Xue Ming of course your favorite Ma Yunwen etc.The goal of this NT will be the 2016 Olympics.

As to your Ma.I think she will have more chances to be in this NT as a major palyer.Because she is young and kinda experienced (went to Olympics) and both she and Cai are from Shanghai. :dance4: They could use their dialect to communicate. :lol:

And Ma's club Shanghai Dunlop Tire won Chinese A1 silver medal this season.It is the best place in 7 years. But Ma didn't play very well because she and the setter still didn't cooperate very well. So most of the time she just showed a poker-face on court. :(

In early April China NT will announce the roster. Good luck.

• Ma has been announced to be in the list of the roster.

We had a chance to watch the match between ShangHai VS SiChuan in Feb. this year. We saw Ma and ChenJing (Middle Blocker in Athens OG) and took several photos with them. Unfortunately Ma was sick that day and she didn't perform so well and left the stadium so quickly right after the match.

I have to say ChenJing is really a decent player. She is so approachable and hard working although she's been more than 30's.

As a young MB, Ma will be loaded on more responsibility for she is a such a promising MB of current Chinese NT.

• And in this season China A1 league Shanghai team will probably be the champion

....TianJin team made it where JiJuan works for.