Russian NT 2009-2012

• if gamova will make a break, andrushko must be chosen for NT. and can somebody mention about how a player krivets is?

Comparing to Adrushko,Goncharova maybe a better choice,and Krivets is really a wonderful player,good attack and good block,also her service is good enough,I like her performance of this season in Belgorod!

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Some more statements from Kuzyutkin from an interview in Sport-Express:

- Gamova and Safronova want to have children but he wants to try to convince at least one of them to play in NT this year
    - He will ask Godina and Sokolova to join NT again and maybe also Artamonova, but it is questionable if her body will be strong enough

Gamova wants children? I didn't even know she has a boyfriend. Is she planning to get married soon?

Sokolova, Godina and Artamonova again in the team? Didn't they say the Olympics will be their last competition?

• I don't think it would be good for the team if Sokolova, Godina, and Estes return to the team. Now is the right time for new blood to play for NT. There are a lot of young and talented players in Russia who should be given the chance to prove themselves. If Sokolova, Godina, and Estes return to the team, there will be a high possibility that an olympic cycle would be finished again without Russia producing a new star. Moreover, the performance of the three have been deteriorating lately.

• Wow! Thanks for these infos! Ive been wanting to hear news about the russian women's team. New batch of players is good for the team, i think.and new coach as well. good luck to the russian NT!

• what about belikova? will she play in the new NT? (I didnot know whether her name has changed recently or not)

• what about belikova? will she play in the new NT? (I didnot know whether her name has changed recently or not)

She is Kodirova now. I doubt, that she will play for new NT. Kuzyutkin never mentioned her name in the intervews.

• I hope that Goncharova will be invited to russian NT..she has an excelent attack,good service and blcoks well...besides she´s so cute... :love:

• Goncharova can start play for Russia not sooner tahn May of 2010!

Oh yeah...i have forgotten she had played for Ukraine NT last year...

• I don't think it would be good for the team if Sokolova, Godina, and Estes return to the team. Now is the right time for new blood to play for NT. There are a lot of young and talented players in Russia who should be given the chance to prove themselves. If Sokolova, Godina, and Estes return to the team, there will be a high possibility that an olympic cycle would be finished again without Russia producing a new star. Moreover, the performance of the three have been deteriorating lately.

I disagree that their performance have been deteriorating, especially Sokolova.

Sokolova, Godina and Gamova are the only three players who performed good last Olympics in their team, the rest are almost just fillers.

• The new Russian women team head coach Vladimir Kuzyutkin visited the Sport Express office yesterday to unveil the team’s preliminary roster for this season.

The national team will start preparations for the Eltsin Cup, Grand Prix and the European championship on May 27 in Novogorsk. The roster includes the following players:

Setters – Marina Sheshenina (Uralochka), Evgeniya Startseva (Avtodor-Metar), Maria Zhadan (Universitet-Tekhnolog);

Blockers – Julia Merkulova (Zarechye-Odintsovo), Maria Borisenko (Dynamo Moscow), Julia Sedova (Avtodor-Metar), Elena Murtazaeva (Dynamo-Yantar), Regina Moroz (Indesit);

Hitters – Natalya Safronova, Natalya Goncharova (both – Dynamo M), Tatyana Kosheleva, Olga Fateeva (both – Zarechye-Odintsovo), Alexandra Pasynkova (Uralochka), Anna Makarova (Samorodok), Yana Scherban (Balakovskaya AES);

Libero – Ekaterina Starodubova (Universitet-Tekhnolog), Ekaterina Kabeshova (Leningradka), Svetlana Kryuchkova (Zarechye-Odintsovo)

Head coaches of Indezit (Lipetsk) and Fakel (Novy Urengoy) Rishat Gilyazutdinov and Sergei Ovchinnikov will be his assistants. Alexandr Fedorov will keep his post of the national team doctor, while Fedor Kuzin and Mikhail Tretyakov will work as coaches-statistics.

Kuzyutkin visited the Sport Express office together with the Russian Volleyball Federation supervisor Vladislav Fadeev. Sport Express readers will be able to read the full interview with them soon.

source: sport-express.ru

• So, Russia is doing a big revolution by dropping for different reasons Sokolova, Artamonova, Godina, Gamova, Alimova, Akulova and Kulikova.

I think that Gamova may return, but she took a year. Sokolova and Godina may change their minds for 2012 Olympics? Who knows? Akulova was Caprara's bet! I think that now the coach will bet on Sheshenina. Alimova is probably too old, so the coach choosed not to call her.

Safronova remains the old veteran, though!

• soo can she play for Russia NT ot not?? :whistle:
    well this rooster doens't look to impresive... no Gamowa Godina Sokolova Estes :white: Imo they will struggle a lot this year

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Akulova didn't make the cut. Akulova should have been a promising setter if it were not for her errors. In fact, assuming that she does not commit errors, I believe that she is better than Sheshenina.

Kuzyutkin did the right thing of choosing young players this year. This is the year after the Olympics so the priority should be finding new leaders of the team and not winning minor leagues like the Grand Prix. US NT was a punching bag in 2005-2007 but eventually won the silver medal at the Olympics. For me, one of Russia's major mistakes in the latest Olympic cycle is it failed to look for a new star and still depended on the old ones like Sokolova and Estes. The approach to the team should be long-term-oriented and hence, the coach should try his best to find players who can be solid players in the long-run.

• I wonder how the coach will solve on the problem of reception. I do not know what to expect with Fateeva, Pasynkova and Kosheleva doing the reception. Fateeva and Kosheleva played bad in the Champion's League. They are the most unstable players of all. Pasynkova does not receive. So the team is left with Safronova. Goncharova cannot play until 2010.

I hope the coach should focus on improving their reception. With Borisienko and Merkulova in the middle, I think the team can have better quick attacks. But they can only do that with good reception.

For sure Makarova will occupy the position of Gamova. My hopes really in this new team are with Makarova, Merkulova and Borisienko.

• Yulia Sedova is worse than Borisenko in attacking.. i cant believe that she was invinted.... Sedova along with koshleeva and pasynkova are really unstable players...

• what about bodorakova? she's not part of the team anymore?