Russian NT 2009-2012

• anyone who knows russian ...could translate the main points of this interview with Vladmir Kuzyutkhin, russian new coach?

http://video.sport-express.ru/people/kuzjutkin_09-04-16/01/

ok, the guy is really weird, I don't like the way he expresses his opinion, I'm just translating:
    - When I heard the support from the veterans of the team (probably meant Gamova, Sokolova etc) I told them that everything will be the same, just like they are used to, only this will be different - principles of working on NT, principles of training NT, principles of treating NT.. I don't want to say what Kaprara did wrong, there's no point in that at the time, this is different, he just couldn't create a team (like build it), but this is a different topic, I don't want to blame the girls, there are a lot of people responsible for that, I don't want naming names right now.. So I'm not going to change the methods, but I'm going to add some nuances into work, because if there's no extra effort in the training, there will not be ones during the real game, however badly you wouldn't want.. you can play successfully once, but to play well a series of games on WGP, Euro Cup, OG is impossible if there is no fundamental basis, if there is no principle of team collectivity.. and that's what happened, a year before the OG I warned that there will be failure, they didn't believe me.. asked me what can we do, I said to remove (means Kaprara probably), a year before the olympics, they answered it will be failure anyway, we can't afford that... well, if you can't afford that, then you get what we got at the Olympics.. a year before the Olympics the team wasn't getting along well with the coaches.. that's why here I can't say that I'll be able to avoid that, cause nobody knows what will happen, but it has to be avoided..
    a question from the audience:
    - but you say you will not change the principles, and yet you say there was no actual team a year ago.. who builds the principles?
    answer:
    - I will not break the principles in our volleyball in general. this is not a local matter issue (but I think he meant exactly that this IS a local matter issue here 8| ), I will break little principles and try to convince the girls that it's necessary, and frankly, they don't need to be convinced, cause they agree that something was done wrong (then). most of them were left with wounded pride, they don't want to leave a sport like that... money is money, but they don't want to leave like that.. Gamova and Sokolova said so..they said "I don't want to end my career that way, I know what the Olympics mean"

• He is essentially correct in his appraisal of the situation, even though he does not say it directly. Cabrara was not a good fit for the team. His approach to coaching the team was to criticize their training methods, their technique, their work ethic, and their character. It obviously did not go over well. This was a team with many previous Olympians, and he had no Olympic experience. The player's response to him was therefore not positive, and mostly passive-aggressive. They were not willing to play well for him, even though in the end, it was the players who ended up feeling bad about the outcome.

• ok, the guy is really weird, I don't like the way he expresses his opinion, I'm just translating:
    - When I heard the support from the veterans of the team (probably meant Gamova, Sokolova etc) I told them that everything will be the same, just like they are used to, only this will be different - principles of working on NT, principles of training NT, principles of treating NT.. I don't want to say what Kaprara did wrong, there's no point in that at the time, this is different, he just couldn't create a team (like build it), but this is a different topic, I don't want to blame the girls, there are a lot of people responsible for that, I don't want naming names right now.. So I'm not going to change the methods, but I'm going to add some nuances into work, because if there's no extra effort in the training, there will not be ones during the real game, however badly you wouldn't want.. you can play successfully once, but to play well a series of games on WGP, Euro Cup, OG is impossible if there is no fundamental basis, if there is no principle of team collectivity.. and that's what happened, a year before the OG I warned that there will be failure, they didn't believe me.. asked me what can we do, I said to remove (means Kaprara probably), a year before the olympics, they answered it will be failure anyway, we can't afford that... well, if you can't afford that, then you get what we got at the Olympics.. a year before the Olympics the team wasn't getting along well with the coaches.. that's why here I can't say that I'll be able to avoid that, cause nobody knows what will happen, but it has to be avoided..
    a question from the audience:
    - but you say you will not change the principles, and yet you say there was no actual team a year ago.. who builds the principles?
    answer:
    - I will not break the principles in our volleyball in general. this is not a local matter issue (but I think he meant exactly that this IS a local matter issue here 8| ), I will break little principles and try to convince the girls that it's necessary, and frankly, they don't need to be convinced, cause they agree that something was done wrong (then). most of them were left with wounded pride, they don't want to leave a sport like that... money is money, but they don't want to leave like that.. Gamova and Sokolova said so..they said "I don't want to end my career that way, I know what the Olympics mean"

Thank you very much!! :flower:
    i agree with him on some poins...something in training methods etc has to change if they want to achieve their objectives over the next years...Gamova and Sokolova along with Godina,Artamonova do not deserve this end of career!!

• RUSSIA NATIONAL TEAM COVOCATION OF 16

the first period of National Training started on 27th of May this year under the coach of Kuzyutkin.

bad news for Russia, Safronova is planning a operation on her knees shortly, its still a doubt if natasha could take part in EURO 2009 in Poland.
    Merkulova is not called this season because of shoulder injury, she has to rest and plan another surgery as well.
    Goncharova is not called as well for club reasons
    Fateeva is still suffering from a shoulder hurt these days, now that she is not in good condition, i dont think she cannot follow a quit heavy training schedule although she is in the convocation.

the list of 16 (Rusakova and Naumova are newly added)

Setters: Sheshenina, Startseva, Zhadan
    Opposites: Fateeva, Pasynkova
    Outside hitter: Kosheleva, Makarova, Scherban, Naumova, Rusakova
    Blockers: Borisenko, Sedova, Murtazaeva, Moroz
    Liberos: Starodubova, Kabeshova

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• is kulikova also injured?

• is kulikova also injured?

she's not even in the list of 26......
    so i dont think she's gonna be called by kuzyutkin, but i like her a lot just simply because of her appearance any way...
    i admit her personality is greatle perfect but her performance on court is relatively limited.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• ....kuzyutkin certainly will have a tough job to achieve good results with these players...

for me..the starting six would be:
    zhadan-fateeva
    kosheleva-makarova
    borisenko-murtazaeva
    kabeshova

i hope merkulova and safronova will recover soon from their surgeries

• Either Zhadan or Startseva will be the starting six setter..but i think startseva is better simply because of her age. she is juz 19 and zhadan is already 26. With a similar skills in setting, Startseva seems to have more potential in a long run...Kosheleva has indeed improved a lot in the russia league this year. I hope that she can give some hope to the team, and Borodakova as well, especially her attacks...

Also, i wonder if murtazaeva is better than Sedova...Hope that Fateeva can recover soon...till now she is the main weapon of russia, when merkulova and safronova is absent...

• fateeva should be in tip top condition this season or else the team would be in a worse situation
    i hope makarova would perform like what gamova did in 2004
    murtazaeva? i don't think she's good. but she's probably better than sedova (who is also a not-so-good player)
    i have noticed that kabeshova is becoming better as a libero. she should keep it up.

what the team lacks right now is an all-around player like sokolova.

• kuzyutkin´statements about some playres invited to NT:

"Six players, who have been capped for the national
    team’s first training camp, take part in the Superleague final series.
    Natalya Goncharova is likely to be free from volleyball in summer, so
    we are not going to invite her to our trainings. And after all if this
    season is full with experiments, we should think who could replace her
    in the squad – Kosheleva or Makarova".

"Tatyana Kosheleva is 20-year-old and I don’t want
    supernatural results from her. She shone in the first match of the
    series, but it’s difficult for her to hold two games in two days on a
    high level".

"Natalya Safronova can become the leader of the
    national team, but in general this position is vacant now. The coming
    season will be some kind of a search for people, who can lead the whole
    team".

• today is nataliya goncharova and victoria kuzyakina´s birthday !! :flower: :rose:
    congratulations girls!

• Too bad...the fact Yulia Merkulova has an injury :(

• where the hell is Svetlana Kryuchkova? why is she not playing for the Russian team? i really do not understand why the Russian coaching staff prefer Kabeshova as the libero over her when in fact she has contributed a lot to the success of the Russian team during the 2006 World Championship. im sorry but i really do not like Kabeshova, IMO, Kryuchkova is the perfect libero for Russia.

• When I saw Walewska against Dela martinus she was passing quite well, very neat technique as well. She got very little sets in that match, but all of them were really impressive kills. It was like she scared the setter or something and then the setter would go "okay fuck that, I'm not doing that again... that's some scary shit right there"