Russian NT 2009-2012

• Kuzyuthkin , during the russian superleague final series between Dinamo and Zarechie, talked about Kryuchkova in a interview:

´´I was very impressed by Kryuchkova from Zarechye, who was
    the main reason of Dynamo’s loss on Thursday. Svetlana plays on such
    high level, that it’s not necessary to test her more. That is why I
    will watch only Ekaterina Kabeshova from Leningradka and Ekaterina
    Starodubtseva from Universitet at the coming Eltsin Cup".

from sportexpress... so i think kryuchkova will return to NT soon

• Kryuchkova should have been the libero of Russia during the 2008 Beijing Olympics, but then again, it was another Caprara mistake. He could have just retained the high balls for the outside hitters of Russia (a very big advantage because of their height), then insert some new and quick plays on it just like what they did in the 2006 World Championship, but what he really wanted was to change the style of Russian women's volleyball. :what:

• Does anyone know what happened to Natalia Dianskaya? She was MB of the junior team where Kosheleva and Startseva played too, and she was awarded best scorer of junior ECH 2006. After that I heard she was injured and then I never heard about her again, is she still playing and is she still good?

• Yes - after very hard operation she play in Severstal Cherepovec 2 years and the new seasons same!!!

• Kuzyutkin said, that he talked to Sokolova. She thinks now about coming back to NT.

• oh please bring back Svetlana Kryuchkova!!!

i would prefer Morozova or Tyurina...maybe they are playing better than Kabeshova,Kryuchkova and Starbudova heheh

• i would prefer Morozova or Tyurina...maybe they are playing better than Kabeshova,Kryuchkova and Starbudova heheh

Morozova and Tyurina are way too old for the National team. and its a good thing that Russia has been giving way for young players...they cannot rely with the veterans forever.

• Russian players invited for the training camp in preparation for Montreux tournament :

Setters

1 Startseva Evgenia
    2 Ulyakina Vera
    3 Uraleva Irina

Middle-blockers

4 Borisenko Maria
    5 Krivets Ekaterina
    6 Yulia Merkulova
    7 Regina Frost V.
    8 Murtazayeva Elena
    9 Perepelkina

OPP and OH

10 Ekaterina Gamova
    11 Goncharova, Nat
    12 Koshelev Tatjana
    13 Anna Makarova
    14 Lyudmila Malofeyeva
    15 Ksenia Naumova I.
    16 Daria A. Pisarenko
    17 Olga V. Sazhin
    18 Sokolova, Lyubov
    19 Olga Fateeva

Libero
    20 Alexander Vinogrado

21 Kryuchkov, Svetlana V.
    22 Ekaterina Kabeshova

• Great to see Sokolova and Merkulova back in Russian NT !!!! Gamova, Sokolova, Kosheleva, Merkulova, Fateeva,.... very strong team!!!!

• Setters

Startseva, Ulyakina, Uraleva Irina - any setter is better than Sheshenina or Akulova. I miss Zhadan anyway.

Middle-blockers

4 Borisenko Maria - cool!
    5 Krivets Ekaterina - 3 Ukrainians? No place to her.
    6 Yulia Merkulova - great!
    7 Regina Frost V. - ?
    8 Murtazayeva Elena - ok...
    9 Perepelkina - cool!

OPP and OH

10 Ekaterina Gamova - obvious
    11 Goncharova, Nat - good choice
    12 Koshelev Tatjana - cool!
    13 Anna Makarova - cool!
    14 Lyudmila Malofeyeva - let's see what happens.
    15 Ksenia Naumova I. - won't ever play not in this life.
    16 Daria A. Pisarenko - is she good?
    17 Olga V. Sazhin - ok
    18 Sokolova, Lyubov - old but great!
    19 Olga Fateeva - totally dumb, can't even play in high level. She shouldn't be allowed in the team.

Libero
    20 Alexander Vinogrado - to the future.
    21 Kryuchkov, Svetlana V. - good player
    22 Ekaterina Kabeshova - the best Russian libero.

• There will be 2 OH and 1 OPP in the starting six. And we have Gamova, Sokolova, Goncharova (I believe she's WAY better than Makarova), and Kosheleva. So who do you think will be put to bench? I think Kuzyutkin should not use Sokolova unless one of the other 3 girls is not performing well or if the team really needs to win the match.

I still don't know which MBs have a great chance to be included in the starting 6. Any ideas?

Kabeshova should be the libero in my opinion.

• What do you mean by "Ksenia Naumova I. - won't ever play not in this life"?

She's a good player, isn't she?