• most of this names don;t say anything to me :D but where the heck is Carcases? i thought she is this one of the hot favourite to replace Ruiz :what:
    anyway i looking forward to see new CUba team lots of new players are coming :)
    edit: nevermind i just read this article :read: what have she done?

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• ı can understand why ruiz,ortiz,mesa and barros are not in the roster, but ramirez,carcases and sanchez are not old :what:
    and now ı think cuba must give up their volleyball style.ı believe they will be more effective with only one setter...
    and cuba doesn't look very strong with just carillo and calderon...for a few years they will miss their old success..

• Cuba always managed to present incredible young talents out of nowhere. I look forward to the new team although I still don't understand that so many not so old players are gone. And I wonder what's the deal with Sanchez and Carcaces...

—Kenia Carcacés and Rachel Sánchez are separated from the team for disciplinary reasons, what’s their current status?
    —They are now taking part in the National League and their behaviour is being
    assessed to make a decision. Maybe, in the future, they can join the
    new national team.

I wonder what means "disciplinary reasons" :whistle:

• -

SETTERS/OPPOSITE :

YANELIS SANTOS
    YUSIDEY SILIE
    ANA LIDIA CLEGER

MIDDLE BLOKERS :

NANCY CARRILLO
    GISELLE DE LA CARIDAD SILVA
    YOHANA PALACIO
    RACHEL SANCHEZ

SPIKERS :

ROSIR CALDERON
    DAYESI MASO
    WILMA SALLAS
    KENIA CARCASES

LIBERO :

YAIMA ORTIZ
    EMILY BORREL

• I hope the new NT would also focus on improving their defense and reception.

• ı can understand why ruiz,ortiz,mesa and barros are not in the roster, but ramirez,carcases and sanchez are not old :what:
    and now ı think cuba must give up their volleyball style.ı believe they will be more effective with only one setter...
    and cuba doesn't look very strong with just carillo and calderon...for a few years they will miss their old success..

ditto. Where are ramirez,carcases? Even Ruiz I don't think she is too old to play. :hit:

• Maybe Ramirez is taking a break this year like Costa in 1997.

I still think 6-2 is a successful style for Cuba because it has many good spikers. To succeed they have to improve on reception, setting, blocking, and floor defense. They might also add the middle high set in their repertoire to give more chances to the side hitters. Their attack can get so stale despite their talent so they have to do something mentally to their offense work. The 2008 team did not have the magic of the 90's team where victory was almost assured. The team this decade can't adjust to the opponent's play anymore.

• -

CUBA :

2 - Yanelis Santos - SETTER/OPPOSITTE
    3 - Nancy Carrillo - MIDDLE BLOCKER
    3 - Dairilys Cruz - SPIKER
    4 - Yenisey Gonzalez - MIDDLE BLOCKER
    5 - Dayesi Maso - SPIKER
    6 - Wilma Sallas - SPIKER
    7 - Lisbet Aredondo - LIBERO
    8 - Yohana Palacio - MIDDLE BLOCKER/SPIKER
    8 - Yudit Pumariega - SPIKER
    9 - Rachel Sanchez - MIDDLE BLOCKER
    10 - Rosana Giel - MIDDLE BLOCKER
    12 - Rosir Calderon - SPIKER
    13 - Liannes Castañeda - MIDDLE BLOCKER
    14 - Kenia Carcases - SPIKER
    14 - Emilly Borrell - LIBERO
    15 - Yusidey Silie - SETTER/OPPOSITE
    16 - Ana Yilian Cleger - SETTER/OPPOSITTE
    17 - Giselle de la Caridad Silva - MIDDLE BLOCKER
    19 - Suramys Acosta - SETTER/OPPOSITTE

:cheesy:

• I'm sure they are all powerful hitters. :)

• Woo a lot of new names for this new cuban team.
    I am a little bit affraid of not seeing this team in london. They will really miss Ruiz and Barros. I hope to see Ramirez back because she can really help the team with her experience.

Does anybody knows if Ruiz is planning to play in europe now that she is no longer a national team player?..?