Valeriya Korotenko: I am stronger than Cardullo and I proved it

• Valeriya Korotenko: I am stronger than Kardullo and I proved it
    17-03 16:38

Azerbaijani volleyball team and Fenerbahce club libero gave an interview to azerisport.com. She speaks about the title of the best libero of CEV Cup, shares her opinion about further fight of Fenerbahce in Turkish championship and Country Cup and about her competition with Paula Cardullo.

You already became the best libero in Grand-Prix, European Championship,Champion’s league, the Cup of top-teams and in many other competitions. And now CEV Cup. Which place this title will take in your list of individual trophies?
    The one of the most memorable places. This trophy was obtained in opposition with Italian Paulo Kardullo who plays in Novarra. We have competition for title of the best libero in Europe. This time I proved I am stronger again.

What about the competition in your life?
    We see each other very rarely, but always happy to see each other.

Does this competition go on in the real life?

I ma not the person who transfers her carrer comptetitions from field to the life.I think Paola is the same type person.

Don’t you upset that your team didn’t reach final of tournament?
    Sure.We wanted to win. But we had to play with field owners in semifinal. Novarra was stronger than its opponents as by game also by team.

Bronze made team’s mood better in front of second leg of final of Turkish Cup against Edjzadjibasi that will take place tomorrow.
    It is better to finish by win .So we are happy. About cup we lost in first leg – 1:3 and it complicate our task. I didn’t play in first leg but I must play in second.

What about tiredness?
    We need practices.We are not tired as it seems to be.We were ready for tension.

Will you meet club leadership after success in Novarra?
    Not yet. But I think w will meet. Because Fenerbahce does not every year reache these results in Europe.I am very happy that I could do something for team. Oksana Parkhomenko also made so much for team and I am very happy also for her!

• thanks for the interview....

Uhm..I dont like this kind of atitude in players..I think being humble is important...even more...think that personal awards prove something is just an ilusion....

Not saying that Korotenko is worse than Cardullo or nothing like that...but...I mean..really...I think Cardullo is much happier winning titles for the club..then wining personal titles...

I mean.....does Takeshita really think she was the mvp from 2006 world Championship???hehe

• I think translation is not good. I don't think Korotenko is such kind of people. The Journalist asked bad questions :lol:

And Korotenko is really good libero, Cardullo-Korotenko is the best liberos of Europe.

• Well..I'm not saying she is a bad libero at all...hehehe ^^ ...but even that she think she is better then Cardullo...dont need to say it out loud!!!hehehehehehe...that is... I dont think Cardullo will give much attention to that..but could creat a bad felling between them..and a not necessary one... ^^

• Well..I'm not saying she is a bad libero at all...hehehe ^^ ...but even that she think she is better then Cardullo...dont need to say it out loud!!!hehehehehehe...that is... I dont think Cardullo will give much attention to that..but could creat a bad felling between them..and a not necessary one... ^^

Do not worry.She told it half in joke half in seriously!
    She told this time I won and proved that i am better. Next time Cardullo can make the opposite..It will not make bad realtionship.They are both professional! :rose: