CHINA NT Roster officially announced!!! 2012's new hope !!!

• Thanks mateo that you shared your idea about the spectrum. As I've said I can really be wrong about it. It's just my perception of the teams styles.

I've put on the extreme left the teams that rely more on sheer force, powerful attacks and serves, strong block. On the contrary these teams have weaker defence, poor setting and reception, slower pace and generally they do not play a lot in combination.

I've put on the extreme right the teams that rely more on defence, reception, quick and tricky attacks, play a lot in combinations and the setter position is crucial. On the contrary these teams have problems in attack, when reception is not good, have less powerful attacks and poor blocking. They prefer tactical float serves to powerful serves.

oh ok now i agree :D i though on right there are those teams that syle is least enjoyable and on left the most enjoyable. Cuba always rely on pure power but god bless them with turrific jump high that no other country can even come close they lack a little bit of technique specialy in reception .

and i would place Serbia more on "strenght" side . they are not much of technique experts :D they have probably the worst reception among those teams name here and i would place USA more closer to Italy even though they are very tall team their defence--> :obey:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• USA more closer to Italy

I also think that the US should be more closer to Italy compared to Serbia. But because the US does not have a defined and consistent style of play, I might be wrong. I based my opinion on the stability of the US reception compared to Serbia in the last OG. In tempo however, Serbia is a litter bit quicker, thanks to Ogjenjenovic.

• :lol: Hot topic. Thank you guys for worrying so much about China's volleyball NT losing beauty.But those players are what China can have now considering 2012 Olympics that the generation of Feng , Ruirui, etc. can't be the major players now.And historically the NT led by coach Chen Zhong He was afraid of Russia more than Brazil. What China lacked is the power.So here come Wang Yi Mei (the big Mei) and Chu Jin Lin (the big Chu) to lead the OP and OT.Yes. The reception & defence will be a big problem. All the players are tall , slow and kinda fat. We just hope after the concentration training in NT they could slim down and be better at defence. :dance6:

• You are right guys! Serbia should be more near Poland and USA more near Italy. Practically they should be inverted. I was very undecided for those two teams placement. Serbia's reception is really a disaster and that's a pity considering how good Ognjenovic is. Imagine what she could do with stable reception!
    With Lang Ping USA took some Asian characteristics, that I hope they won't loose after Lang Ping department. After all they were sucesfull winning the silver medal and taking a set from Brazil in the final.

Where would you put the remaining teams: Turkey, Germany, Netherlands and Azerbaijan?

• ı think this spectrum might be like that;
    CUBA -- RUSSIA -- AZERBAİJAN--HOLLAND--POLAND --SERBIA--GERMANY-- USA -- TURKEY--ITALY -- BRAZIL-- CHINA-- JAPAN

• Hello. Today (April 9th) new China NT gathered at Chenzhou,Hunan Province for their first boot camp.There are some photos. :obey: Let's meet those new girls. Can you recognize some old faces among them?

• Hello. Today (April 9th) new China NT gathered at Chenzhou,Hunan Province for their first boot camp.There are some photos. :obey: Let's meet those new girls. Can you recognize some old faces among them

:lol: :lol: that girl on the right looks sooo frightened. nice photo :drink:
    i only recognize Wang and Li :D

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Wow!! Cool pictures! :thumbsup:
    Great approach to sport through military trainings! Where are they hiding guns?! :rolll:

• Boot camp???
    Of course volleyball sometimes is war, but aren't they exaggerating a bit?

I dont think these photos are some kind of commentary... I believe the athletes live on military base camps while in closed training camps. :cheesy:

• ı think this spectrum might be like that;
    CUBA -- RUSSIA -- AZERBAİJAN--HOLLAND--POLAND --SERBIA--GERMANY-- USA -- TURKEY--ITALY -- BRAZIL-- CHINA-- JAPAN

Good job serdar!

Turkey has a stable reception and good defence, a promising setter that likes to play fast, a lot of combo and crossplays, very good tactical float serves (and good jump serves too). Not a strenght and power team, but with good organization and fast and witty play. I would even put Turkey between Italy and Brazil. Turkey is certainly the team of the future.

I agree also on the placement of Germany and Netherlands. The previous German coach introduced some Asian plays and the characteristics are still visible in today's team.

About Azerbaijan, I didn't watch that many matches, so I can't say anything. Are they really so Russia-like?

• :lol: :lol: that girl on the right looks sooo frightened. nice photo :drink:
    i only recognize Wang and Li :D

That girl on the right is one of China's best middle blocker in 90s named Lai Ya Wen. Do you guys remember her. She is the captain at that time in Jenny Lang Ping's NT if I don't remember wrongly. :lol: She looks frightened because She is one of assistant coach in this new NT. :evil: She has to be kinda serious,right? :tzz: She and other coaches participate in the training too (see that 3 fat guys in the middle it is Coach Cai Bin). In this photo you also can see Ma Yun Wen on the right side of Wang Yi Mei.

I dont think these photos are some kind of commentary... I believe the athletes live on military base camps while in closed training camps. :cheesy:

I don't know how to describe it.It is more like a military workout training.I think they won't use guns. 8o But they will be trained following the rules and schedules of ordinary soldiers.Besides That they will start volleyball training too.

• thanks for your positive comments about turkish NT ,samba :drink:
    for the future,my predictions is almost same with yours, especially turkey,italy,serbia and germany will dominate important tournaments. chiappini try to get team play like brazil-italy style. good reception and fast attack.esra gümüş is biggest chance at reception and neslihan and seda tokatlıoğlu(best skorer of last cev cup) attack fast and smartly. naz is ,as you say, very promising setter(MVP oflast junior european championchip) and llike fast play.ı hope they will do good surprise in poland like at home in 2003 :win:
    azerbaijan plays with high ball.mamadova likes high ball and she can t attack with fast ball.also, setter oxana parkhomenko does not play with fast play ,always predictable sets..
    due to that, nowadays she is on the bench and nisa kuliyeva(former citizen of azerbaijan) is in starting six at fenerbahçe.

• i just hope that the new head coach of China would change his mind and bring back veterans like Yang Hao, Ruirui Zhao, and Liu Yanan (they are not that old right?)

Cai says he won't bring back them.

However, I think they can be back as trainers.

• Team's style is a problem for CHN Team.But players is the most important problem for them.
    I only like WANG YIMEI and HUI RUOQI in CHN New Team!!! :white: