Germany NT 2009

• Wow, that's great! Do you have the complete roster?

You can check the roster on FIVB's site.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Yes, it's very sad to see that 3 great players' name - De Carne, Rumes & Vindevoghel r disappeared again...

Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss

• I was astonished to youth policy. But I hope that this policy works. As a result, Germany, a successful country. I wish Dumler had played in this team ;(

• (I don't want to open a new topic for it, and since we don't have a topic for German league I post this here)

Rankings of German league, voted by coaches, team captains and journalist:

MVP
    1. Katja Wühler (Vilsbiburg)
    2. Sylvia Roll (Schwerin)
    3. Lina Meyer (Sonthofen)

Rising Star:
    1. Sarah Petrausch (VCO Berlin)
    2. Denise Hanke (Schwerin)
    3. Berit Kauffeldt (Schwerin)

Libero:
    1. Lenka Dürr (Vilsbiburg)
    2. Evelyn Delogu (BRA, Stuttgart)
    3. Kerstin Tzscherlich (Dresden)

Serve:
    1. Denise Hanke (Schwerin)
    2. Gwendoline Horemans (BEL, Münster)
    3. Regina Burchardt (Vilsbiburg)

Reception:
    1. Evelyn Delogu (BRA, Stuttgart)
    2. Karla Borger (Stuttgart)
    3. Kerstin Tzscherlich (Dresden)

Setter:
    1. Denise Hanke (Schwerin)
    2. Stephanie Volle (FRA, Hamburg)
    3. Mareen Apitz (Dresden)

Attack:
    1. Katja Wühler (Vilsbiburg)
    2. Sylvia Roll (Schwerin)
    3. Karla Borger (Stuttgart)

Block:
    1. Daniela Lanner Mapeli (BRA, Vilsbiburg)
    2. Anke Borowikow (Hamburg)
    3. Danubia Costa Caldara (BRA, Hamburg)

Defense:
    1. Evelyn Delogu (BRA, Stuttgart)
    2. Kerstin Tzscherlich (Dresden)
    3. Lisa Thomsen (Münster)

• 2009 DVV-Frauen list of 24 participating the Friendly matches with JAPAN NATIONAL TEAM on 6-9th of June

SETTER (3)

Kathleen WEIß 1984 171cm S Amstelveen/NED
    Denise HANKE 1989 180cm S Schweriner SC
    Lena MÖLLERS 1990 190cm S Zurich Team VC Olympia Berlin

OPPOSITE (4)

Sabrina ROß 1980 186cm O Allianz Volley Stuttgart
    Esther STAHL 1980 190cm O Alemannia Aachen
    Franziska BREMER 1985 192cm O SV Sinsheim
    Margareta KOZUCH 1986 187cm O Novara/ITA

OUTSIDE HITTER (9)

Sylvia ROLL 1973 182cm OH Schweriner SC
    Heike BEIER 1983 184cm OH Piacenza/ITA
    Nadja SCHAUS 1984 186cm OH TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Anne MATTHES 1985 182cm OH Dresdner SC
    Maren BRINKER 1986 186cm OH TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Stephanie KESTNER 1986 184cm OH Dresdner SC
    Kristin KASPERSKI 1986 194cm OH Schweriner SC
    Sarah PETRAUSCH 1990 188cm OH Zurich Team VC Olympia Berlin
    Saskia HIPPE 1991 186cm OH Dresdner SC

MIDDLE BLOCKER (4)

Corina SSUSCHKE 1983 188cm MB Cesena/ITA
    Christiane FÜRST 1985 192cm MB Pesaro/ITA
    Anke BOROWIKOW 1986 186cm MB VT Aurubis Hamburg
    Anja BRANDT 1990 195cm MB Zurich Team VC Olympia Berlin

LIBERO (4)

Kerstin TZSCHERLICH 1978 180cm L Dresdner SC
    Lisa THOMSEN 1985 172cm L USC Münster
    Lisa RÜHL 1989 178cm L VT Aurubis Hamburg
    Lenka DÜRR 1990 170cm L Rote Raben Vilsbiburg

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Bremer is a MB player, and Hippe is in OPP position.

• Germans always have really good universal players, just simply like hippe and bremers, even brinker and kasperski.
    if i am not wrong hippe played as an OH during last MVM and she did receive a bit well, although she plays more in OP to OH this season in bundesliga.
    bremers used to be an OH couple of years ago, nowadays she's a MB, that sounds exciting.

germans are quite flexible to different positions, especially in between OH and OP.
    Grun can fit 2 of them, the former OP guhr and thumm are the same as well.

my script is just a brief intro.....the players' position can be adjusted or modified by the head coach, or might be even changed throughout one game. who knows.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Angelina Grün has decided to pursue a new career as professional beach volleyball player. She will play together with Rieke Brink-Abeler, a former teammate from when Grün played for USC Münster. Their goal is to achieve consistent results on World Tour next season.

I can't tell if I'm happy about this decision...our NT showed this summer that they can be successful also without her, but she will remain one of the absolute best German players ever...I hope she will be happy with her new way!

• Angelina Grün has decided to pursue a new career as professional beach volleyball player. She will play together with Rieke Brink-Abeler, a former teammate from when Grün played for USC Münster. Their goal is to achieve consistent results on World Tour next season.

I can't tell if I'm happy about this decision...our NT showed this summer that they can be successful also without her, but she will remain one of the absolute best German players ever...I hope she will be happy with her new way!

I'll miss her inside the court! For me she was one of the bests if not the best lately, and I agree with you that with her Germany team could go much stronger. But on the other hand, maybe like this is her chance to get a medal in Olympic Games. She will definelty adapt well for beach, I think she has all it takes, cause she has all skills. I wish her a lot of succes, and that she be happy!

where came out the new?

• It was published on our federation website today.

I think eventually it is good that she doesn't totally give up volleyball, and who knows maybe she will realise it's better for her to play indoor ;)

YES!!!Well..and of course I wish her to be happy..but deep inside I hpe she prefer to come back to indoor court... :whistle: ^^ :heart:

• Christiane Fürst has been voted Player of the Year by the readers of German Volleyball Magazine :thumbup:

Results:
    1. Christiane Fürst (Bergamo/ITA) 31 %

2. Margareta Kozuch (Novara/ITA) 28 %

3. Kathleen Weiß (Perugia/ITA) 19 %

4. Mareen Apitz (Dresdner SC) 10 %

5. Corina Ssuschke (Prostejov/CZE) 5 %

I wonder who voted for Mareen Apitz. Dresden must have a very broad fanbase :what:

• In an interview published on our federation website Cornelia Dumler talks about leaving volleyball. She says she only intended to play no NT last summer, but she enjoyed life without volleyball so much that she decided to not play at all any more and concentrate on university and friends and all the other things that suffered as long as she played professionally. She played only once this season in the club of her hometown when they missed a player because of injury, but she says currently she is happy when she doesn't have to go into a gym...