TVC Amstelveen

• This is a thread, for a new created club*: TVC Amstelveen (fusion women's teams DELA Martinus-Amstelveen and AMVJ-Amstelveen).

The two local rivals, Martinus and AMVJ, decided for a fusion of their women's A-League teams because of financial problems in both clubs.

The new head-coach is Chris Gonzalez, former assistant-coach USA Women's team.

The squad for 2009-2010 season:

Robin de Kruijf

Anne Buijs

Maret Grothues

Monique Wismeijer

Myrthe Schoot

Floortje Meijners

Quinta Steenbergen

Laura Dijkema

Sharon Zuidema

Judith Pietersen

Reni Ankoné

* TVC Amstelveen exists of 2 teams. The two clubs, Martinus and AMVJ, still exist in the original way.

edit: Marieke wrote in the related thread that there's also a second women's team.The second team will play in B-league and is filled with experienced and some young talented players.

• Avital Selinger is no longer the DELA Martinus coach? :(
    Where will he work now?

• TVC Amstelveen exists of only 1 team (playing in A-league Women). The two clubs, Martinus and AMVJ, still exist in the original way.

That's not entirely true, they have 2 teams. One in the A leauge and one in the B leauge with 14 players with for example: Manon van Gruijthuizen, Wieneke Verwij and Mila Michel.

• Avital Selinger is no longer the DELA Martinus coach?
    Where will he work now?

He is the coach of the National Team. In november they start with 'winter-training'. Training in the morning with national team players who are playing in Holland added with young talented players.

• @ Lightmaster

The Dutch federation wanted to end Selinger's double-function Martinus/National Team.

He is still coach of NT in the summer. During the club-season he has no official job (he wants to spend more time with his family). I read somewhere that he will train with young talented players that don't play abroad --> almost whole team of TVC Amstelveen and some other players.

edit: Chipp already explained :)

• Chipp,
    flyingdutchman,

Thank you. This is what I wanted to learn. Avital is not going to be the club coach in other countries.
    I'm not sure if it's good for him. Let's hope, he'll return to club work after taking some rest.

• @ Chipp

Thanks for your help. The structure is a little bit complicated hehe ^^

• Thank you. This is what I wanted to learn. Avital is not going to be the club coach in other countries.
    I'm not sure if it's good for him. Let's hope, he'll return to club work after taking some rest.

No, he is coach of the Netherlands, not coaching a team in another country. He want to perform with the national team (with final goal olympic 2012), that is why he is training youngsters (second generation) to achieve the same level as with the first generation. His own vision on the new young group, they can learn from the first generation (Flier, Stam, Wensink, Huurman, Visser, Blom and Stealens)

• @ Lightmaster

Avital wanted to continue his double-function, but, like I said, the federation forced him to give it up. After that decision by the federation Selinger decided to stay in The Netherlands - with his family - during the club-season. The Women NT-project (goal is London 2012), he started it in 2004, is his(!) baby. So, I think it is a pleasure for him to develop the young talents.

• I read somewhere that he will train with young talented players that don't play abroad --> almost whole team of TVC Amstelveen and some other players.

A group of approximately 20 players is invited. But I think not all these players will join the training because of work/skool.. The final group will be clear soon I guess, this wasn't arranged during EC :)

• I don't think he can train the better players than the first generations' are.
    Flier, Stam, Wensink, Huurman, Visser, Blom and Stealens are all great. The problem is somewhere else.

• I don't think he can train the better players than the first generations' are.
    Flier, Stam, Wensink, Huurman, Visser, Blom and Stealens are all great. The problem is somewhere else.

He means with the first generation the things the girls from now can do on the field. The second generation with Grotheus and de Kruijf for example can learn from the older ones and achieve faster a higher level of play. Because they train with players who also can learn them some instead of the first generation, where Avital only learned the team how to play. That's his philosophy on the first and second generation. Do you understand this way of thinking? (otherwise i try to explain with an example)

And he is willing to train the second generation to get a more balanced team with opportunites fot substitution. Now it is hard to put one in, because the big difference in skills.

• @ Lightmaster

Avital says the second generation will be better than the Flier-Stam-Wensink-generation, because they started on an earlier age with his training-methods!

Buijs, De Kruijf, Grothues and Schoot were already in the ECH-squad. Especially Buijs (17) and de Kruijf (18 ) are exceptional talents.

• @ Lightmaster

Welcome back on the forum :lol: Missed you for a couple of months,weeks :flower:

Next sunday TVC Amstelveen will play for Supercup against Dros/Alterno, can't wait to see the new clubteam!

• Welcome back on the forum Missed you for a couple of months,weeks

Thanks :) I also missed you and very glad you continue coming here often ^^

Next sunday TVC Amstelveen will play for Supercup against Dros/Alterno, can't wait to see the new clubteam!

You're lucky you can watch lots of games in person ;)
    I hope, the new team will be as good as Martinus was. BTW, how many teams will be in Dutch championship this year?

• how many teams will be in Dutch championship this year

There are eight teams in Dela-League this year. The champion of B-League, Summa Peelpush, and the other 7 of last year,including TVC Amstelveen.
    You can see the Supercup on volleybal.tv.

No Dutch girls in Russian League this year?

• No Dutch girls in Russian League this year?

No, unfortunately.

Not for now, Visser is going to play in Spain and Stam in Turkey. I think it is because of the living in Russia, cold and lonely far away from friends/family.

Not only because of that. Clubs have financial difficulties. Russian players also leave abroad. Gamova to Turkey. Sokolova to Italy.

• The first price of the season is captured by TVC Amstelveen. In an easy match, they beat Dros Alterno with 25-16, 25-22 and 25-15. TVC Amstelveen played well for the first match together after 4 training sessions, but they can play better for sure.

• Thanks so much for all the info on the team!! It'll be interesting to see what happens with them now after the merger.