The Best Players of Each Generation?

• I am trying to make a list containıng the best players of each generatıon between 1975-1993 for eery position. you may help me for completing the list and add your opınıons. especially whıch players younger than 20 years old are the best on theır posıtıon ?

1975-Robin Ah Mow(setter)Alexandra Fomina(libero) Victoria Ravva (MB) Mirka Francia (OH) Yevgeniya Artamonova (opposite)
    1976-Andréa Sieglova (setter)Manuela Leggeri(MB)Natasa Osmokrovic(OH)Elles Leferink(opposite)
    1977-Carolina Albuquerque(setter)Stacy Sykora (libero) Simona Gioli(MB) Lioubov Kılıç (OH)Taismary Agüero (opposite)
    1978-Feng Kun(setter)Kerstin Tzscherlich (libero) Kinga Maculewicz (MB) Małgorzata Glinka (OH) Elisa Togut(opposite)
    1979-Eleonora Lo Bianco(setter) Yuko Sano(libero) Walewska Oliveira (MB)Francesca Piccinini (OH)Angelina Grün (opposite)
    1980-Lindsey Berg (setter) Gülden Kayalar (Libero) Sara Anzanello(MB)Carolina Costagrande (OH) Yekaterina Gamova (Opposite)
    1981-Rachele Sangiuliano(setter)Elke Wijnhoven(libero)Zhao Ruirui(MB)Logan Tom (OH)Nadia Centoni(opposite)
    1982-Kim Staelens (Setter)Paula Cardullo (libero)Annerys Vargas (MB)Paula Pequeno (OH)
    1983-Maja Poljak (MB)Marianne Steinbrecher(OH) Neslihan Darnel(opposite)
    1984-Maja Ognjenović (setter)Valeriya Korotenko (libero) Fabiana Claudino (MB)Natalya Mammadova (OH)Manon Flier(opposite)
    1985-Marina Sheshenina (setter)Christiane Fürst(MB) Eva Yaneva (OH)Yulia Andrushko (opposite)
    1986-Yekaterina Kabeshova (Libero) Nancy Carrillo (MB) Saori Kimura(OH)Margareta Kozuch (opposite)
    1987-Ana Takagui(setter)Eda Erdem(MB)Jovana Vesović (OH)Serena Ortolani (opposite)
    1988-Qiuyue Wei (setter)Camila Brait (libero) Tatyana Kosheleva (OH) Jovana Brakočević (Opposite)
    1989-Denise Hanke (setter)Nataliya Goncharova (OH) Natalia Pereira (opposite)
    1990-Naz Aydemir (setter) Immacolata Sirressi (libero)Stefana Veljković(MB)Sarah Petrausch (OH) Elitsa VASILEVA (opposite)
    1991-RODRIGUEZ Jeoselyn (OH) Lisvel Elisa Eve Mejia(MB) Saskia Hippe (opposite)
    1992-Cansu AYDINOGULLARI (setter)Brenda Castillo (Libero) Lise VAN HECKE (opposite)
    1993-Ceren KESTIRENGÖZ (opposite)

• yes ı was confused about these players but ı thought that aguero would be better choice instead of jeliç. the same for Ravva instead of tischenko.
    and for cuban players, ı cannot decıde yumılka s posıtıon whether OPP or OH :what: and togut and glınka hae impressive career as much yumılka does. and for regla torres, ıt was hard to compare Victoria Ravva ,who was awarded 3 times as MVP of european champıonshıp, and Regla Torres, who was awarded as 2 times MVP of world championship and have 3 olimpic gold medal :whistle: but you are right regla looks like better than ravva with her career.
    and what about setters. ı cannot find any imressive setter of the generation of 1983,1986,1991 and 1993. besides, liberos who are born in 1976,1983,1985,1987,1989,1991,1993? do you have any ideas?

• 1983-Kasia Skowronksa :wavy:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• 1983-Kasia Skowronksa :wavy:

sorry but there is neslihan for her position in the same generation :whistle:

• Victoria Ravva pales in comparison to Regla Torres. To name her the best of her generation is an understatement. She is one of the BEST players to play the game.

I also think that Yumilka Ruiz is deserving to be on the list as well.

• 1977- Lioubov Sokolova (Russia), Elena Godina (Russia), Yumilka Ruiz (Cuba), Taismary Aguero ("CUBA"), Elisa Togut (Italy), Barbara Jelic (Croatia)

1978 - Kun Feng (China), Heather Bown (USA)

1979 - Walewska Oliveira (Brazil), Francesca Piccinini (Italy), Angelina Grun (Germany)

1980 - Hao Yang (China), Yanan Liu (China), Zhang Na (China), Ekaterina Gamova (Russia), Fabiana Oliveira (Brazil),

• Let's start with setters. Remember that setters generally peak later than players in other positions. So there are many potential young talents we are not aware of. Less than 20 years are too young to make a judgement for the setter position.

1970 - Fofao (BRA) - but it is also the year of Fernanda Venturini (BRA)
    1971 - Neli Marinova (BUL) - Romanian players Daniela Minca and Luminita Trombitas are also born this year
    1973 - Maurizia Cacciatori (ITA) - but also Karine Salinas (FRA)
    1974 - Irina Zhukova (UKR)
    1975 - Bahar Mert (TUR) - of course there is also Robin Ah Mow Santos (USA)
    1976 - Andrea Sieglova (CZE)
    1977 - Carolina Albuquerque (BRA)
    1978 - Kun Feng (CHN) - this is also the year of Yoshie Takeshita (JPN) one of the best 4 together with Fofao, Feng and Lo Bianco
    1979 - Eleonora Lo Bianco (ITA)
    1980 - Lindsey Berg (USA) - notable mention is also Fernandinha (BRA)
    1981 - ???
    1982 - Kim Staelens (NED) - but I'm not sure, maybe Pelin Celik (TUR) is even better
    1983 - Marina Katic (CRO)
    1984 - Maja Ognjenovic (SRB)
    1985 - Nootsara Tomkom (THA) - very good setter, she plays in Turkish league, did you forget her? :) There is also Dani Lins (BRA)
    1986 - ???
    1987 - Ana Tiemi Takagui (BRA)
    1988 - Qiuyue Wei (CHN) - she could become the new Feng. I see potential in her
    1989 - don't know yet
    1990 - Naz Aydemir (TUR)

As you see it is easier to find good setters from the 70s, because they mature later. But there is also a gap in the early 80s. They will soon enter their 30s and still noone except for Berg. It's interesting that 4 great players were born between 1978 and 1980.
    I'm sure there is also a Korean player born in the 70s or early '80s.

• 1973 - Antonina Zetova

In the Italian league, where she played since 1998, Zetova won all possible national titles at least one time and European titles namely "Top Teams Cup" in 2005 with Chieri and the most important "European Champions League" title with Despar Perugia in 2006. She was elected best foreign player and best spiker of the Italian league (allegedly the strongest league that time) several times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonina_Zetova

• I would like to suggest some other names to this list:

1983 - Jaqueline Carvalho, Sheilla Castro and Welissa Gonzaga
    1987 - Thaísa Menezes and Adenízia Silva
    1989 - Tatiana Kosheleva

Besides, I believe it would be possible to have a starting-7 list (6 players + libero) with the best players born in each considered year.

• alfrom the 60's...
    1960-Jenny Lang Ping
    1965-Valentina Oguienko
    1965-irina Kirillova
    1966-Tatiana Sidorenko
    1967-Gabriela Perez Del Solar
    1967or69-Marcia Fu Cunha
    1967-Mireya Luis
    1968-Irina Smirnova/Ilchenko
    1968-Beatriz Ana Moser
    1969-Ida Alvarez

• 1970 - Virna Dias (Brazil), Fernanda Venturnini (Brazil), Heila Souza (Brazil), Ana Flavia Sanglard (Brazil), Regla Bell (Cuba)

1971 - Leila Barros (Brazil)

1972 - Ana Paula Connelly (Brazil), Hilma Caldeira (Brazil), Danielle Scott (USA)

1973 - Marlenys Costa (Cuba), Ana Ibis Fernandez (Cuba), Sun Yue (China), Natalia Morozova (Russia)

1975 - Regla Torres (Cuba), Mirka Francia (Cuba), Evgenia Artamonova (Russia), Elizaveta Titchtenko (Russia)

1976 - Li Yan (China), Zhang Yuehong (China), Valeska Meneses (Brazil) Zoila Barros (Cuba)

1977 - Lioubov Sokolova (Russia), Elena Godina (Russia), Taismary Aguero (Cuba), Yumilka Ruiz (Cuba), Qiu Aihua (China), Barbara Jelic (Croatia), Elisa Togut (Italy), Stacy Sykora (USA)

1978 - Yoshie Takeshita (Japan), Kun Feng (China), Heather Bown (USA), Elisangela Oliveira (Brazil), Raquel Silva (Brazil), Suhong Zhou (China)

1979 - Walewska Oliveira (Brazil), Francesca Piccinini (Italy), Aanastasia Belikova (Russia), Angelina Grun (Germany)

• this Qiuyue Wei is always beyond my old, great setter kun feng
    what did on the court .especially when it comes to ''use brain''
    did you guy remeber her quick spike suddenly on the court
    when all player in a mess .but you have to still remeber she is
    a setter!!haha :rolll:

• I want to help you to fill the list
    1969-Magdalena Sliwa
    1968-Irina Kirillova

1986-Karla Echenique (DOM)
    1987-Also Ana Antonijevic (SRB)
    1989-Denise Hanke (GER)

1983-Also Daimi Ramirez (CUB)
    1986-Yanelis Santos (CUB) - If they are really setters

And finally I found 1981-Armelle Faesch (FRA)