• Setters:

Judith Blansjaar, Laura Dijkema, Kim Staelens, Femke Stoltenborg, Monique Wismeijer

Libero:

Simone Legerstee, Myrthe Schoot, Janneke van Tienen, Elke Wijnhoven

Middle Blockers:

Francien Huurman, Nicole Koolhaas, Robin de Kruijf, Quinta Steenbergen, Ingrid Visser, Caroline Wensink

Outside-Hitters:

Alice Blom, Anne Buijs, Flore Gravesteijn, Maret Grothues, Chaïne Staelens, Debby Stam, Sharon Zuidema

Opposite:

Manon Flier, Floortje Meijners, Lonneke Slöetjes

* Kim Staelens and Elke Wijnhoven presumably/likely will not participate...

Staelens is pregnant (there is a small possibility she will be able to play on World Championship in Japan)

Wijnhoven told in a Dutch newspaper yesterday 'though I gave Selinger permission to put my name on the list for the preliminary selection, I am far away from a return in NT '

I think the absence of Wijnhoven and Staelens will decrease the chances for a good classification on World Championship in Japan..

• I think the absence of Wijnhoven and Staelens will decrease the chances for a good classification on World Championship in Japan..

i think so. Stealens is not world class setter but at least she was working with this team for quite a while now , and her absence will be meaningful for Dutch NT.
    Van Tienen is alright so Wijnhoven is not that much needed.

PS can any of Dutch users here tell something about other setters because i don't know them at all :whistle:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• @ Matthias

Yes, it's sad that Jans is not on the list, but It isn't a surpsise for me. I think Jans is not on the list because she left NT a few years ago after a conflict with Selinger, that's also the case with Elke Wijnhoven. I think both players will not return in near future.

@ mateo

Laura Dijkema (19) is the starting-setter of TVC Amstelveen and she will probably be the starting-setter in Japan, in case of Kim Staelens' absence. She is considered as the biggest setter-talent in our country.

Judith Blansjaar (19) is the setter of DROS/Alterno and she was the starting-setter on WYCH in Mexico last year.

Monique Wismeijer (31) is second setter of TVC Amstelveen. She will retire soon, I think, because of her age and the upcoming talents.

• Simone Legerstee isn't in the list of NT

Femke Stoltenberg is the setter of talent-team of HAN, still young.

I'm surprised about the names of Francien and Jip, both not playing last year in competition.And also Kim is a little bit surprising,so I hope there is a small chance for her to play in WC in Japan..:D

• I like the list! Of course is sad the fact that Kim probably won be able to play World Championship.....but I hope Dijkema can make a good tournoment, I really liked her in Top Volley last year! :)

And is great to see Meijners being called! :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed so Holland make a good World Championship ...they deserve! ^^

• @ Chipp

I just read in Bundesliga thread about the rumor that Carlijn is pregnant.. So that is the reason she is not on the list? :)

Do you know why Deborah van Daelen isn't on the list?

@ Marieke

Simone Legerstee is definetely on the list. Just watch it on http://www.volleybal.nl/index2…9&taalkeuze=1&newsid=3377

• Deborah is not on the list partly because she want's a summer off. Don't know if she otherwise was part of the list though. I heard the same story about Carlijn Jans about her pregnancy.

When Stealens is able to play WCH i think she will be part of the team. About Meijners, she told me that she does not participate this summer. So it is in that case a bit strange that she is on the list.

Francien and Jip are also training in the winter program several times a week, so i'm not surprised at all :)

• In the long run the 'setter problem' will probably pay off. Having one of the young girls gather experience, will later probably result in a new mix between old and young. Kind of like the Huurman, Visser generation mixing with the Stam / Flier generaton. That's always how title winning teams are made in the end: take the best from a few generations.

• Any comments on their performances?

I've been following the Montreux tournament and now the Yeltsin Cup. They played better at the Yeltsin Cup than in Montreux. I know they have been training hard and the coach is trying different roster combinations but I think they can do a lot better in defence, passing and reception and hence counter-attacks than they have been doing.

and Laura - I like her. As the setter, she is very important to the team. Her service is great but I think the ways she sets the balls. are too low, too slow and too exposed, which give the opponents enough time for blocking and defence; and the same time, the middles and Manon's attacks are not as powerful as they can be. The combinations aren't that effective and threatening at this point.