Brazil NT 2010

• I think that by choosing Ana Tiemi and Dani Lins, Brazil is investing in its future. Physical attributes as well as setting skills should not be an issue as these are all moot at this point. The mistakes they might potentially commit at this point and in the next one or two years should not be taken against them or should not be used to condemn them as the said mistakes facilitate learning and provides experience - international experience they badly need for the coming Olympics. Should these setters develop into their full potential or even 3/4 of it, then I guess Brazil can have a stable setting for years to come.

Maybe, Brazil could also give more playing time for players such as Natalia and Joycinha as they would be the veterans that would lead the future Brazilian NTs.

• I think that by choosing Ana Tiemi and Dani Lins, Brazil is investing in its future. Physical attributes as well as setting skills should not be an issue as these are all moot at this point. The mistakes they might potentially commit at this point and in the next one or two years should not be taken against them or should not be used to condemn them as the said mistakes facilitate learning and provides experience - international experience they badly need for the coming Olympics. Should these setters develop into their full potential or even 3/4 of it, then I guess Brazil can have a stable setting for years to come.

Maybe, Brazil could also give more playing time for players such as Natalia and Joycinha as they would be the veterans that would lead the future Brazilian NTs.

Dani Lins and Ana Tiemi are not that young although everybody uses to think they are. Both of them should've already improved their game but this hasn't happened and I guess it won't.
    Joycinha is just a good club player. Actually she's the queen of the up-and-downs. Nothing more.

• Dani Lins and Ana Tiemi are not that young although everybody uses to think they are. Both of them should've already improved their game but this hasn't happened and I guess it won't.
    Joycinha is just a good club player. Actually she's the queen of the up-and-downs. Nothing more.

uhm..I dont agree with you....how having 24 and 22 not young???????!!! 8| They can easily play for more 10 years if they choose so.
    We braislians that have the tendence to think that the players should be ready at the age of 22, or is passed. If you compare to Europe, most players arrive their best at the age around 30. Also cause much players decide to keep with studies too. But even if not. It is the natural process, the players need experience to find they perfect shape.

Also I believe that Dani and Ana took much time to be called to National Team. I think if they had been called before, while Fernanda Venturini and Fofão were still playing....even if it was just to train with them....they could be much more ready right now to pass through some complicated moments that NTs ocasionaly passes by.

• I agree with Joanamss, Either Dani Lins or Ana Tiemi should have been called earlier to train for the NT. Anyway, 22 and 24 fall under the "young adults" category so I think that they are still young. I'm getting a feeling that we are giving too much flak for a team that has been the most consistent for the past years with a steady pool of young players who can perform well even in the NT. We are giving too much flak for a coach (Ze Roberto) who has been successful for the past years in club and NT. I think maybe we should let them vindicate themselves through their play. Just my humble opinion on the matter. :)

• Just out of curiosity
    I have not seen Thaisa as a part of the starting lineup for quite some time. Reasons? She is clearly the better MB then Carol and Adenezia. She's a very disciplined MB and one of the best in the world.

• Just out of curiosity
    I have not seen Thaisa as a part of the starting lineup for quite some time. Reasons? She is clearly the better MB then Carol and Adenezia. She's a very disciplined MB and one of the best in the world.

She was injuried, but now she is back.

• brasil NT annouces the 19 roster for WGP

C 1 Fabiana Claudino Fabiana 24/01/1985 193 76 314 293 UNILEVER
    2 Caroline Gattaz Carol Gattaz 27/07/1981 191 87 304 280 UNILEVER
    3 Danielle Lins Dani Lins 5/01/1985 181 68 290 276 UNILEVER
    4 Paula Pequeno Paula 22/01/1982 184 74 302 285 VOLEI FUTURO
    5 Adenizia Silva Adenizia 18/12/1986 185 63 312 290 SOLLYS OSASCO
    6 Thaisa Menezes Thaisa 15/05/1987 196 79 316 301 SOLLYS OSASCO
    7 Marianne Steinbrecher Mari 23/08/1983 188 70 310 290 SAO CAETANO
    8 Jaqueline Carvalho Jaqueline 31/12/1983 186 70 302 286 SOLLY OSASCO
    9 Natalia Martins N. Martins 12/11/1984 185 69 300 286 SAO CAETANO
    10 Welissa Gonzaga Sassá 9/09/1982 179 76 300 287 SOLLYS OSASCO
    11 Joyce Silva Joyce 13/06/1984 190 67 311 294 UNILEVER
    12 Natalia Pereira Natália 24/04/1989 183 76 300 288 SOLLYS OSASCO
    13 Sheilla Castro Sheilla 1/07/1983 185 64 302 284 SAO CAETANO
    L 14 Fabiana de Oliveira Fabí 7/03/1980 169 59 276 266 UNILEVER
    15 Ana Tiemi Takagui Ana Tiemi 26/10/1987 187 74 295 284 SOLLYS OSASCO
    16 Fernanda Rodrigues F. Garay 10/05/1986 179 74 308 288 PINHEIROS
    17 Josefa Fabiola de Souza Fabiola 3/02/1983 184 70 300 285 PINHEIROS
    L 18 Camila Brait C. Brait 28/10/1988 170 58 271 256 SOLLYS OSASCO
    19 Juciely Crsitina Silva Juciely 18/12/1980 312 71 289 0 SAO CAETANO

Juciely and Naty are the MBs from SCB as well as Fe Garay (OH) from Pinheiros listed in the roster, but they are not convoked by ze roberto at all so they wont have any chances to be sent out...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Mari will need to operate her right knee, and I that is a big chance she cant participate the WCH.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/…-japao-esta-ameacada.html

This thursday were made more exams with Mari that confirmed that the player had a injury in her knee ligament. But how serious the injury is could not be defined yet, they will only be able to know for sure during the surgery.

Brasil Nt doctor said that clinicly, the player dont have stability in her knee right now, witch indicates a parcial break of the ligament. During the surgery the doctor will be able to analise better the situation...there are two possibilities: if there are enough ligament to keep her knee stable, they will only remove the injuried part and let there what has left, in that case Mari would need 1 month to recover, and would be able for her to participate the World Championship (I have my doubts if that is safe honestly when you consider they are right performance athletes, but ok, I'm not doctor), if the injury is to serious, and she cant have stability with what has left, then they will have to interfere in her knee, and she will need to stay 6 months away, and like that staying out of WCH.

The surgery that will define the time of treatment that Mari needs is schedule to be done this saturday. So after saturday we will be able to know for sure if Mari will be able or not to participate World Championship.

• For Paula, also this thursday were made better exams, and her situation is not complicated, but the doctor is afraid of the short time till WCH, but since her injury is not as hard as Mari, the chance for her to attend World Championship looks better.

They detected that not only she fractured a lateral bone in her foot, but she also had an partial injury in a ligament and a cartilage injury. The good news is that she wont have to pass by a surgery, but she will need to stay with her foot imobilized for 4 weeks. After that time another avaliation will be made with the players, if the treatment have a good response then she may be back to Nt, if she dont respond well then she will also have to put cut of the WCH. The doctor only consern is the time for recovering till WCH being to short.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/…-recuperacao-e-curto.html

• I am not able to understand Portugese, but as I read through the article it seems to me that Mari has a partial anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear with involvement of her medial meniscus. In a physiotherapist perspective, this two forms what we call an "Unhappy Triad" when the medial collateral ligament (MCL) is involved. The prognosis for this type of injury is not good. Meaning you won't be able to play at your former level because the stability of your knee will be compromised. And that I think that the chances for Mari to play in the WCH will be slim (I hope I'm wrong). If she undergoes arthroscopic surgery and it will be successful, the prognosis will be better, but for the sake of her professional career, I think it wouldn't be advisable for Mari to play during the WCH>

• Zé Roberto made the call for WCH today, He made a list of 16 players, cause of the doubt of MAri and Paula participation, the team will train with 14 players now, including the ones that participate the WGP will be the middle Carol Gattaz, that is already recoevered from her feet problem, and OH Fernanda Garay, first time called to NT adult.

Setters - Fabíola, Dani Lins
    Opp - Sheilla, Joycinha
    OH - Jaqueline, Natalia, Sassa, Fernanda Garay, Mari and Paula
    Middle - Fabiana, Thaisa, Adenisia, Carol Gattaz
    Libero - Fabi, Camila Brait

• I hope and I pray that everything will be good with these amazing players. I felt so bad knowing that they could miss WCH.
    I remember the same injury happen to Yelena Parkhomenko at 2007 ECH,which had trobled her soo much for two years.
    INSHALLAH they will recover from that.

• I believe Mári's problem is way more complicated than Paula's. My concern about Paula lies on her physical and technical condition to play the WCH. As for Mári, the very fact of her being able to play this Superliga is open to question. I really want that both Paula and Mári be at the top of their forms for the WCH but I know that is very difficult to happen.

If Mári couldn't play the WCH and if Paula couldn't be at the top of her form. Then I hope that both Natália and Fernanda Garay could play their best volleyball and help Brazil to play well in this competition.

• Mari wont play the WCH, was confirmed today, the injury in her ligament is to serious, and she will need at least 6 months recover. :(

http://globoesporte.globo.com/…-do-mundial-do-japao.html

During the surgery today was detected the total disruption from her crutiate ligament, that was already rebuilt today. Mari will can be away from courts from 6 to 8 omnths, but the Ney, the doctor that made the surgery believes that she can come back court in 4 months depending the way eveyrthing goes.

Monday, when she is released from the hospital Mari will go to Braislian Trainning camp where she will start the reabilitation treatment with the NT.

Very sad the news, but I wish she can be back as soon as possible, and rock next club season again! ^^

• Brazil's team will surely miss Mári this WCH. I hope she could be fully recovered as soon as possible. The doctor who operated her said she can be back on court in 4 months, depending on her body's response to the surgery and the treatmant she will be undergone.

Jaqueline and Natália are likely to be Brazil's OH for the WCH. It will be important to have Paula at the top of her form as well as Fernanda Garay.

I believe the 14 players who will play the WCH will be:

Setters: Fabíola and Dani Lins
    Opposites: Sheilla and Joycinha
    Outside hitters: Jaqueline, Natália, Sassá, Fernanda Garay and Paula (if she could recover in time)
    Middle-blockers: Adenízia, Fabiana and Thaísa
    Liberos: Fabi and Camila Brait

• Jaqueline and Natália are likely to be Brazil's OH for the WCH. It will be important to have Paula at the top of her form as well as Fernanda Garay.

Let's hope that Natalia and Fernanda Garay will step up to the challenge. I really hope that Brazil will win the title. :)

• ;( so bad news for Mari. She lost her chance to play in WCH for making a unlucky block during WGP, now she has to stay out for at least 4 months. I wish to our really own ice qween the best and quickest recovery and to see her soon again in court smashing at least for her club :flower:

About Paula i hope she will be able to play in her best form and i think that her problem is more in technical way right now due to her injury. How long she is staying out anw?

• About Paula i hope she will be able to play in her best form and i think that her problem is more in technical way right now due to her injury. How long she is staying out anw?

i think Paula has 4 weeks to recover..otherwise she will not go to Japan

• i think Paula has 4 weeks to recover..otherwise she will not go to Japan

Thank you but will she make it throw only 4 weeks?? I wish she will and be at her bast too

• Thank you but will she make it throw only 4 weeks?? I wish she will and be at her bast too

yes.. in my opinion if she is pysically ok in 1 month, she will play in WCH, even if not in her best shape (which i think will be difficult :down: )