Germany NT 2010

• i don't know if furst will be ready to play the wgpq 2011 :what: .

• i don't know if furst will be ready to play the wgpq 2011 :what: .

I dont think they are even couting on that...she is just back to start trainnings with Nt I believe, but slowly, not that she will ahve to play already....her thoughts are in WCH.

• Do you have any news about Christiane Fürst ?

Fürst, will play in the WGP 11 qualification?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I dont think they are even couting on that...she is just back to start trainnings with Nt I believe, but slowly, not that she will ahve to play already....her thoughts are in WCH.

for WCH i think it will be ok :whistle: .i whish her good recovering :wavy: :wavy: :wavy: .

• German NT for WGPQ:

Denise Hanke, Nadja Schaus, Lisa Thomsen (Schweriner SC), Kathleen Weiß (Igtisadchi Baku/AZE), Kerstin Tzscherlich, Saskia Hippe (Dresdner SC), Corina Ssuschke (Prostejov/CZE), Anne Matthes (Matera/ITA), Heike Beier (St. Petersburg/RUS), Margareta Kozuch (Odintsovo/RUS), Maren Brinker (Allianz Volley Stuttgart), Kathy Radzuweit (VT Aurubis Hamburg), Christiane Fürst (Istanbul/TUR)

Kathy and Fürst finaly turned back :dance6:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I think the German Team does well last year in the grand prix compare to this year performance. That means Furst does take a big part in the team as the captain. But i think kozuch also does a lot of work as captain. If Grun still plays for the NT, the team could have stronger.

• It's funny how kozuch became such a driving force in the German team so fast, I remember when she sucked quite badly. Her technique is amazing! And she's quite attractive and generally a good player.. so yeah in my book it doesn't get much better than that :P But I'm sure the person who created this thread did not do so to discuss my dating preferences :P

Who is Nadja Schaus?

• It's funny how kozuch became such a driving force in the German team so fast, I remember when she sucked quite badly. Her technique is amazing! And she's quite attractive and generally a good player.. so yeah in my book it doesn't get much better than that :P But I'm sure the person who created this thread did not do so to discuss my dating preferences :P

Who is Nadja Schaus?

She's a german OH, 26 yo. Generally she plays as OH, but Guidetti made her playing as MB currently.

• Oh, Schaus is OH nominally? Thanks for info. I am surprised.

• Oh, Schaus is OH nominally? Thanks for info. I am surprised.

Jup, she normally plays as OH. anyways, I don't think she'll play MB again since Fürst is back, and there's Kathy Radzuweit who's currently playing.

• German team for WCH:

S: Kathleen Weiss, Denise Hanke
    Opp: Margareta Kozuch, Saskia Hippe
    OH: Heike Beier, Maren Brinker, Anne Matthes
    MB: Corina Ssuschke, Christiane Fürst, Kathy Radzuweit, Nadja Schaus
    L: Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr, Lisa Thomsen (will play as reception substitute)

Guidetti decided to take 4 MBs because it is still unclear how Fürst's condition will be :S But Nadja Schaus played very well in the last few matches.

• I expected that squad, I also understand why Guidetti will take 3 liberos: OH's reception is really weak... :mad:
    I hope that Fürst will be in good shape :heart:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Beier is not only weak at reception, she's not a good attacker. I personally think Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr, those 2 liberos are enough. It may be really hard If Kozuch gets tired and not able to hit balls.
    on the other hand, Schaus impressed me a lot in the last matches against Turkey.

hopefully Germany wins all the matches (perhaps it's not possible though) :lol:

• If Kozuch isn't in good shape, this NT will have really big trouble.
    During WGP she spikes really often, so in the ends of matches she was really tired. Only with Kozuch they won't win most of matches!
    They had trouble even with Dominican Republic and Thailand.
    This team may have a problem with enter to the next round! :S

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I agree that two liberos were more then enough, if he wanted to take some one to substitute in reception he could put Durr, didnt have to take thompson in my opinion. Would be better to take another OH...no matter who.

But I wish Germany good luck! :) And I Hope Furst can reach WCH in good conditions. ^^

EDIT: Sorry it is that I jsut discover that Durr could not go in to recieve only, cause if she is written in the WCH as libero, she can only be inside court in libero role, to be second libero, not to be a plus player. What a stupid rule in my opinion, I mean could let a player be player or second libero as the team chooses, or the second libero cant almost never participate a game, only if the first one injury or something, while then dont change the rule of liberos substitutions inside a match I think they could let second libero playthe hole of commom player as well i the tournament...anywy, now I understand why Guidetti took 3 "liberos".!

• Margareta Kozuch was elected Player of the Year by the readers of German Volleyball Magazine :)

Voting results (last year's rank in brackets):
    1. (2.) Margareta Kozuch (Odintsovo/RUS) 31 %
    2. (1.) Christiane Fürst (Istanbul/TUR) 27 %
    3. (–) Saskia Hippe (Dresdner SC) 13 %
    4. (–) Kathleen Weiß (Baku/AZE) 10 %
    5. (–) Kerstin Tzscherlich (Dresdner SC) 6 %

Georg Grozer was elected Men's Player of the Year.