Turkey NT 2010

• Greece and Turkey continue to share victories in Patras

Patras, Greece, June 20, 2010. Greece and Turkey continued to share victories and defeats in the double clash in Patras. On Saturday the odds changed for the women’s and men’s teams since the ladies of Turkey celebrated their victory against Greece with a 3:0 (25-18, 25-20, 25-10) where in the men’s tournament it was the hosting team that won in three straight sets (25-22, 25-19, 25-23).

In the first match of the day, Turkey scored an easy win against Greece’s women’s team, driving Giovanni Caprara furious with the performance of his players. “We had a disastrous day. I wouldn’t mind losing the game if we had fought for it inside the court. We made many mistakes in our service and reception from the beginning of the game. My players have to realize they have a long way until they are accomplished. If they don’t want to try, they can let me know so that I can leave on vacation with my family” he said.
    On the other hand, Alessandro Chiappini was happy with the reaction of his team, after losing on Friday. “We played better today. We made a lot of mistakes in the first game but this time we were better in service and reception” he commented.
    The top scorer for Turkey with 15 points, Özsoy said: “On Friday Greece was better and they managed to disorient us. Today we managed to do the same. We pressured them from the service line. Greece is a team that can accomplish much. They fought for every point but they didn’t have much luck today”. For the hosting team, Tsima scored 10 points.

Stats Photos

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Turkish national team players Pelin Celik and Naz Aydemir attend Radio Show on MaxFm

Ankara, Turkey, July 8, 2010. Senior national team’s players Pelin Celik and Naz Aydemir attended a radio show on MaxFm for the promotion of the upcoming matches starring Turkey and Greece in Ankara this weekend. The girls shared some information about the team and the upcoming European League matches. They said the team is doing very well so far and they are excited to play in the finals in front of their own spectators next July 24-25. They are continuing with two training sessions a day and their concentration is at the highest level.
    For both players, playing in front of a crowded hall is very important for their motivation. They invited all volleyball lovers to the “Baskent” sports hall. They also think the TVF orchestra contributes in creating an entertaining atmosphere in the hall.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• "Sultans" of the net want to delight home fans in Ankara

Ankara, Turkey, July 9, 2010. This weekend the European League - Pool B resumes in Turkey with a match starring the women’s national teams of Greece and Turkey. The venue will be once again the brand-new and majestic “Baskent” sports hall. After a tiring training camp and through some strong sessions the local girls are ready for the matches. They have been working hard especially for the final four that is set to take place in Ankara next July 24-25.
    Italian-born coach Alessandro Chiappini says: “We played with Greece before this leg and we know them. We were thinking positive about Greece. Of course all our work is performed for the final four. In this way, we are much stronger now. I feel that our fans will enjoy two very exciting matches. We need to win in front of our local fans”.
    Captain Esra Gümüş adds: “We are really excited to play at home. We have been working very much for this. I know that many people will watch us and I want to give a gift to our great spectators. I believe that we will win”.

• Turkey finds right momentum and confidence before final four

Ankara, Turkey, July 10, 2010. This weekend the European League resumed to Ankara with the double-header starring the women’s national team of Greece and Turkey. The local heroines delighted their audience with a 3:1 victory (21-25, 25-12, 25-17, 25-17) to find the right confidence before the final four that will take place on that same venue in two weeks.
    The start of the match was extremely contentious (5:5) and Greece claimed the slimmest margin at the first mandatory stop (8:7). Both teams were playing really well and another tie was to be seen at 10. Neslihan Darnel for Turkey and Aikaterina Giota for Greece were extremely effective with their attacks. At 24:19 for Greece, Turkey’s coach Alessandro Chiappini asked for a break but it did not help and Greece clipped the first set 25-21.
    The local girls started the second set with the right tempo (4:1) and maintained their lead also at the first technical break (8:5). This margin was significantly stretched (16:9) and Turkey kept on scoring for the 21:11. Turkey had an easy way and the final 25-12 was there only a few minutes later. Meryem Boz, one of the youngest players included in the Turkish roster, played very well and helped her team in pulling out a consistent 17:10 lead in the third set. Eda Erdem stayed in the serving area for 9 rallies in a row and Turkey snared that set 25-17. The hosts maintained the right pace also in the opening of the fourth set (8:4), Neriman Özsoy did her job well and it was 11:4 for Turkey when coach Caprara took his first time-out. Superstar Neslihan Darnel was on the scene again and even though the Turks relaxed a little bit, still they did not have to wait too long before they could celebrate their final 3:1.

• Last home test for Turkey before final four

Ankara, Turkey, July 15, 2010. This weekend the European League - Pool B resumes in Turkey with the double header starring the local heroines and Spain. These are the last matches before the European League finals scheduled for next week in Turkey’s capital city.
    Coach Alessandro Chiappini says: “We are working very hard on our physical condition. We also had long sessions to work on the technique and improve some individual skills. We finally start playing like a real team. During the European League matches I appreciate what the players did on the court because they always fight. Spain is a team with more experience than Greece which was our opponent last week. It will be more difficult to play with them. But I think our physical condition will be better because we changed our work system. Today we started the second part of our preparation. After the cancellation of the matches with Israel, we had just four games before the final and because of this we must do our best to get into the right shape”.
    Captain Esra Gümüş adds: “The match with Spain is the last test for us before the finals. We are automatically qualified for the final four but anyway it is an important match for us. Last year we couldn’t take the cup but this year we want to be the champion in front of our spectators. For this year, our first aim is to take this cup. Our camp continued really good and I think we will be successful in our campaign”.

Click here for more information about these matches

• After last round of Pool play Turkey looks forward to final four with right confidence

Ankara, Turkey, July 18, 2010. The Turkish national team did complete this afternoon its campaign in the prelims of the 2010 CEV European League on a high note with another 3:0 (25-19, 25-15, 25-20) win against Spain. Being the last game before the final four scheduled for next week, Turkey decided to test a different line-up and so the match started with Aydemir, Erdem, Özsoy, Darnel, Tokatlioglu, Toksoy and Güneyligil (libero) on court.
    Spain set the tempo for the first technical time-out (8:7) but Turkey then played really well from the middle especially with Erdem and Toksoy. The hosts enjoyed a slim margin (16:14) at the second mandatory stop and with the effective services of Neslihan Darnel they widened the gap (23:18) to cruise pretty rapidly to the final 25-19.
    Turkey did not slow down also in the opening of the second set (8:5, then 10:6) and even though coach Vermeulen asked for a time-out, Spain could not catch up (16:10). Libero Nihan Güneyligil was very effective in defense and Turkey went ahead for the final 25-15.
    In the third set coach Chiappini started with some back-up players: Hakyemez, Çelik and Gümüş. Turkey did nevertheless continue playing with the right momentum (8:6), but Spain fought back bravely (10:9). Turkey then turned the score around (13:10) and stretched the lead at the second technical break (16:11). The hosts dictated the tempo once again (22:16) before Spain got closer and coach Chiappini was forced into a time-out at 24:20. Bahar Toksoy scored the last rally for the final 3:0 and the Turks can look forward to the final four with the right confidence descending from a splendid and very successful weekend.

Stats Picture Gallery

• Turkey claims first match against Spain

Ankara, Turkey, July 17, 2010. This weekend the CEV European League – Pool B resumed to Turkey for the double-header starring the local heroines and Spain. These are the last matches before the final four which is scheduled for next week in Turkey’s capital city. Turkey won tonight the first match with a clear 3:0 (25-18, 25-21, 28-26).
    The start of the match was extremely balanced (5:5) but the first technical time-out resulted in an 8-7 lead for Spain. Fernandez was very effective in attack and also the Spanish block performed well. It was 16:15 for Turkey at the second technical time-out with Neslihan Darnel standing out for the local heroines. It was 22:20 for Turkey when coach Chiappini took his first time-out before his girls claimed that section of the game 25-21.
    Turkey set the pace (8:6) at the first mandatory stop of the second set. The Turkish girls were too much to handle for Spain today. They had gone through some hard training for their physical condition and that was visible on the court. In this set the Spanish girls played really well in defense. It was 13:8 when Vermeulen took his first time-out. The second technical time-out resulted in a 16:9 for Turkey. At the end of the set Turkey made a few consecutive easy mistakes but still won 25-18.
    Turkey started the third set with a more solid performance. The first technical time-out was called as the score stood at 8:6 for Turkey. Spain got two points of margin at the second compulsory break and stretched the lead to 18:14 forcing coach Chiappini to take his first time-out. It was a struggling ending of the match. It was 27:26 for Turkey when Vermeulen took his second time-out but it did not help since the local girls immediately silvered their match ball.

• Turkish girls prepared meal in kitchen to be relax before European league finals
    Duygu showed her talent with pizza after lunch and neslihan prefered to cook a meal from Turkish cuisine as always,seda tried to learn something about cooking from fryers a day ended with entertainment
    :D

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Ha,ha they look very good in the kitchen :rolll:

• Chiappini is no longer coach of Turkey Nt.

I think is very risky what they are doing...only few mounths to World Championship to change all the work like that is hard....but lets see what happens......

• Chiappini is no longer coach of Turkey Nt.

I think is very risky what they are doing...only few mounths to World Championship to change all the work like that is hard....but lets see what happens......

Turkish Volleyball Federation president said that the new coach would probably be Turkish so it means the new coach would know Turkish League and players..I hope the new coach will be succesfull in our team.. I hope,too, Kayalar and Ağca would be back to the team!! :drink:

• So....any news about the new coach???

it will be announced at 3 august, thuesday :whistle:

• There are not so many people to place for national team. Nominees are Adnan Kıstak, Mehmet Bedestenlioğlu, Jan de Brandt and Gökhan Edman maybe. I can't imagine anything else. But I wanna see Lang Ping in Turkish national team. What do you think guys?

Anyway, we have to wait for 3 August.

• Jan De Brandt is my favorite coz i asked him about Gülden and Elif in facebook he told that he want invite both to NT if he comes :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup: