Serbia NT 2010

• No list yet. The only thing we know is that Ana Antonijevic will have to undergo surgery, so she will not play in European league( setters will probably be Ognjenovic and Bojana Zivkovic), but she is expected to be back for WCh preparations.Anyway, I don't expect big changes in the roster compared to last season.I believe Marinkovic will be in the team, and I think at least one OH should be out but I have no idea who could be in (Malagurski missed almost the whole season due to injury).Other than that I guess the team will be pretty much the same as the one that played ECh 2009.
    Of course, I expect Serbia to play European league with the main team( unlike last year) because it's also qualification tournament for Gran prix 2011 and also because serbian team won't participate in any other competition this summer.(no WGP yet for Serbia X( ).

• I'm dissapointed with Ognjenovic .She isn't having a good year with Eczacıbaşı. Her passes to middle blockers are too low ,there is no rhythm in her game. Mirka Francia is having a nightmare with her. She either pass too close to the net or just too far from the net. I think she will lose her starting job to Ana Antonijevic
    Djerisilo is one of the top players of Turkish league. It is a very succesful year for her.
    Nikolic's receiving gets worse and worse. Actually she lost her place in the starting six to Debby Stam.
    Krsmanovic is ok .I think Jasna Majstorovic doesn't deserve a spot in the national team.

• i think Sanja Bursac should be in the first six of serbian NT

• No list yet. The only thing we know is that Ana Antonijevic will have to undergo surgery, so she will not play in European league( setters will probably be Ognjenovic and Bojana Zivkovic), but she is expected to be back for WCh preparations.Anyway, I don't expect big changes in the roster compared to last season.I believe Marinkovic will be in the team, and I think at least one OH should be out but I have no idea who could be in (Malagurski missed almost the whole season due to injury).Other than that I guess the team will be pretty much the same as the one that played ECh 2009.
    Of course, I expect Serbia to play European league with the main team( unlike last year) because it's also qualification tournament for Gran prix 2011 and also because serbian team won't participate in any other competition this summer.(no WGP yet for Serbia X( ).

What is wrong with Antonijevic? why does she have to get surgery?

I would call Petrovic or Rasic instead of Marinkovic...and some girls from Red Star who did a great job this year...Zivkovic as first setter, Bjelica as opposite and Blagojevic who received very well...and Popovic as first libero...Nikolic will be on the team this year?

• And for sure Molnar will be one of the principal outside hitter of the national team of Serbia.

• Ivana Djerisilo gave an interview to the most popular serbian sports newspaper "Sportski zurnal".
    She says she does not know when will NT preparations start nor if she will be on the list.She says she has no communication with any member of technical staff of NT.
    She also says that she is available for NT but first she wants a serious conversation with Zoran Terzic and if necessary with Aleksandar Boricic( the president of SVF). She says she is very disappointed that since 2006 she didn't have any big success in NT(she missed ec 2007 when silver medal was won due to injury),and after that they always had bad results.
    She askes herself very often how is it possible that she plays great in her club(s) and in NT she can't show half of it.She askes herself if she is the cause of the problem or is it NT.She says that there is no real and sincere communication in NT.
    She also askes herself wether she should be in NT at all or should she let younger players take her place.She says that she will never be negative and will always support her teammates.But she feels bad when people who watch NT ask what she is doing on court.
    She says somebody or something is ruining her confidance in NT.

She is the first person from "inside" who admitted that there was a problem there.I hope they will all sit and have a long talk about everything that is bothering each one of them. It is necessary if they want to achieve any decent result in WCH.

• Uhm well since Djera is one of the best serbian players, without her NT will have huge problems at WCH...and since because of Terzic you play without Spasojevic, if you will play without Ivana too, maybe the problem is the trainer...or some other players who inside the team act like they are the trainer.... :down: :what:

• Terzic calls these players for European League...

Setters: MAJA OGNJENOVIĆ (EZAČIBAŠI ZENTIVA
    ISTANBUL, TURSKA), ANA ANTONIJEVIĆ (KAN, FRANCUSKA), BOJANA ŽIVKOVIĆ
    (CRVENA ZVEZDA) I KRISTINA ČEŠLJAR (SPARTAK, SUBOTICA).

Opposites:
    IVANA ĐERISILO (GALATASARAJ ISTANBUL,
    TURSKA), JOVANA BRAKOČEVIĆ (KONELJANO, ITALIJA), SANJA STAROVIĆ (RABITA
    BAKU, AZERBEJDŽAN) I ANĐELKA PANTOVIĆ (POŠTAR 064 BEOGRAD).

Liberos: SUZANA ĆEBIĆ (METAL GALACI, RUMUNIJA), SILVIJA POPOVIĆ (RABITA BAKU, AZERBEJDŽAN) I NINA ROSIĆ (CRVENA ZVEZDA).

Middle Blockers: NATAŠA KRSMANOVIĆ (GALATASARAJ ISTANBUL,
    TURSKA), STEFANA VELJKOVIĆ (CRVENA ZVEZDA), MILENA RAŠIĆ (DINAMO
    AZOTARA PANČEVO), ALEKSANDRA PETROVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA),
    DRAGANA MARINKOVIĆ (SKAVOLINI PEZARO, ITALIJA) I NAĐA NINKOVIĆ (CRVENA
    ZVEZDA).

Outside Hitters: JELENA NIKOLIĆ (VAKIFBANK GUNEŠ ISTANBUL,
    TURSKA), BRIŽITKA MOLNAR (PANATINAIKOS ATINA, GRČKA), JOVANA VESOVIĆ
    (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA), JASNA MAJSTOROVIĆ (BEŠIKTAŠ ISTANBUL,
    TURSKA), SANJA BURSAĆ (LE KANE, FRANCUSKA), SARA KLISURA (SPARTAK
    SUBOTICA), AMADEA DURAKOVIĆ (KAN, FRANCUSKA) I ANA BJELICA (CRVENA
    ZVEZDA).

It seems like Serbia will have the same team of last European Championship.... 8|

• ANA ANTONIJEVIĆ (KAN, FRANCUSKA)

Ana will play? Sne wrote that she had injury...

• In paper is a amazing team....though I really miss Spasojevic in NT, I think she gives another vibe to the girls, but anyway, is a good team.....now have to see with witch spirit they will play, cause that was definetly the problem from last season....the girls need to enjoy again playing in Nationa Team...do it with pleasure, or will be hard....

Thanks for the list Giullia!!!!^^ :flower:

• I love the pictures. They're quite candid and it gives as an idea on how the players interact in real life. :)