Russia NT 2010

• Sokolova won't be in NT in 2011!!

Source:
    http://www.voleybolx.com/haber…011de-Milli-Takimda-Yokum

I think this is a good sign for Russia. Sokolova can focus on playing in her club and furthermore, Russia definitely should find some young and good players such as Kosheleva last year and Goncharova this year. I don't know who will be representing the team for 2011.
    Let's just hope Sokolova will help the team for the Olympic games in London. as She said, she hasn't won the Gold-medal in the olympic games, so...she can possibly take a part.

• I think this is a good sign for Russia. Sokolova can focus on playing in her club and furthermore, Russia definitely should find some young and good players such as Kosheleva last year and Goncharova this year. I don't know who will be representing the team for 2011.
    Let's just hope Sokolova will help the team for the Olympic games in London. as She said, she hasn't won the Gold-medal in the olympic games, so...she can possibly take a part.

I hope so that she will be somehow in olympic games in London (yn)

• At 40, I’ll play as libero, says Liubov Sokolova

Russian Liubov Shashkova Sokolova is one of the most famous players at 2010 FIVB Women’s World Championship in Japan. After a two-year break since the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, the 32-year old star is back in business.

Sokolova started her career fourteen years ago in Atlanta. Many things have changed since her first appearance on the international stage. “We play faster, serve better and put much importance on our defense. Back in the 90’s, the Russian game was much more linear.”

Head coach Vladimir Kuzyutkin asked Sokolova to return for the 2010 World Championship. “I agreed, even when my body hurts after many years of play.” Thinking about the Russian chances to defend their title, she says: “In women’s volleyball, many things can happen during such a competition. However, we have a strong team, I hope to go far.”

Apart from the technical and tactical evolution, the philosophy has changed in the Russian team. “We have a strong mix of experienced and young players”, says Sokolova. “The ambiance is different. There is more room for communication and exchange.”

There may have been changes made to Russia's squad to accommodate some younger players but with plenty of experience among the old guard of Maria Borodakova, Ekaterina Gamova, Liubov Sokolova and Yulia Merkulova, Kuzyutkin is hopeful they have found the right balance.

What about Sokolova’s future? “I haven’t decided yet. In two years, there is again the European Championship. Who knows if the coach still needs me…” Liubov Sokolova has a 13-year old son, but imagines more offspring. “Why not have another baby?” After two divorces, Liubov is again single. “Who knows what life holds for me in the future.”

Volleyball fans all around the world hope to see Sokolova for many more years on the volleyball court. “At 40, I’ll play as libero,” said a smiling Liubov Sokolova.

• I think that Russia 2011 will be:

Startseva/Makhno
    Goncharova/Kosheleva
    Perepelkina/Merkulova
    Kabeshova

Ulyakina/Gamova
    Murtazaeva/Fateeva
    Borodakova/Krivets
    Kryuchkova

Or give a other athletes a new once: Andrushko, Makarova or another

I have a doubt: Why the country like Russia that is very champion e strong in the volleyball not does a store of team? I'm sure that shirts about Gamova, Sokolova, Goncharova, Mikhaylov, Berezhko and Verbov will be sent a lot. Is Russian Federation of Volleyball know this? I guess not! :S

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Women's World Championship 2010
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's World League 2011
    :super: :thumbsup:

• i think gamova shoould play only final round in WGP and the ECH this year like in 2009...or only ECH.
    my team would be (without gamova), for wgp:
    startseva-goncharova
    fateeva-kosheleva
    perepelkhina-borodakova
    kabeshova or kryuchkova
    and the bench players: uraleva, malofeeva, murstazaeva (she can play as OH as well), stratanovich ( she plays for dinamo kazan), merkulova and regina moroz

• sorry for the OFF-TOPPIC, but anyone could tell me why sokolova did not play in rusian NT in 2002 (WGP and WCH)??

• She had a conflict with Karpol after ECH 2001 and returned just for OG 2004 because he asked her to (and payed her good money for the comeback...).

thanks Mathias
    russia could have had a better result in WCH with her...and in Athens, with Artamonova and Tchichenko in good shape.
    i was just watching to some matches of WCH back in 2002 and remembering how great they were :super:

• She had a conflict with Karpol after ECH 2001 and returned just for OG 2004 because he asked her to (and payed her good money for the comeback...).

I knew Sokolova had an issue with Karpol but I didn't know he payed to have her at the OG. I heard in 2007/2008 Russian Federation payed Sokolova to have her in their local league so she could focus more with the russian NT.

• Just want to ask for those who know, how are Rusakova and Stratonovich playing now? I think they were the team mates of Kosheleva when they played the Junior Championship and got the Silver? Maybe they can join the National Team this 2011.