Oh my god, what the hell is wrong with German girls?

• i can't believe that Germany is defeated again and the opponent is Thailand! i can't watch the game live but only stare at the livescore box on fivb, when GER won the first set, i feel fine, but the second,third and forth, they just shocked me. they can keep the score close at every sets' beginning and suddenly broke down in the middle when big differences were made.

Apparently, German guys depend so much on main players, namely Kozuch. however, Kozuch is really not a "Manon Flier"-style player with powerful attack, strong serve and superman body, though she titled best scorer for couple of weeks. in today's game, Kozuch played about two sets and a half, getting only 4 points, that's not who she were! We all know overusing a player will be a dangerous stuff, but provided the attacker situation of GER team, i've got no idea at all.

I haven't made detail stats about which is the most serious problem that german girls faced, but i assert it is the receiving round that opposite is in position 4 while outside attacker is in position 2 that germany lose most of their points, and it become worse when the opponent has a good server in that round. In the game germany vs china yesterday, chinese server for this round is captain wei with her aggressive float ball or wang yimei, the powerful server, and it leads to a big point difference at once. always girls could find no way to get though the rotation when they are in an unfamiliar position. this problem really needs to be solved.

Receiving is every teams' problem. i have to say the team titled 3rd place WGP last year was fantastic in their reception and defence. however the situation changes now. i have confidence in the libero, but the two outside attackers, whoever Beier, Brinker or Matthes, always make faults at key points. After Furst absent the team, blocking meets great trouble. it seems new MBs lacks experiences. Giovanni thinks they had problems in attacking, actually, i think the problem is no middle attacks. the two MBs can't make threatening hits, therefore outside attackers have to fight against two or three pairs of blocking hands.

After all, i will support this young team as always. i hope they can get a good result in WorldChampionship when Furst joins them.

• Thailand is good ,they are not weak.They have well team spirit but i agree that something goes wrong with Germany 2009 was their year we watched a cool germany in ECH but now without Fürst Germany separated.Guidetti gave up early :!: .Other girls except Kozuch,Weiss and Kerstin dont work in match.Angelina Grün can be useful for Germany ;)

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Yes, I agree that THA is a quite good team and it's no such surprise that they won (especially when GER isn't in their best shape....)

• I don't watch women volley so much but German girls played only over Kozuch, entire WGP. No help from other girls :wavy:

yea.. that really sucks. In my memory, Brinker and Beier were pretty cool last season.

• here's what Guidetti said on the press conference:

Our team did not understand volleyball. There were 36 unforced errors and 11 reception faults. It doesn’t matter who we play against, we keep on giving the other team points after points after points. They should have learnt a lesson in this tournament and need to change their mentality. They lack courage and concentration. We have to change 360 degrees in order to play well.

Long for the 360-degree change.

• The problem is, Guidetti does not realize HE must make the 360 turn!!! (and just on a side note, if we turn 360° we will be exactly where we are now again, so 180° would be absolutely enough :lol: )
    I really really really hope he will invite some other players again now and not stick to those that played GP. Lina Meyer is one of the best OH in German league since some years and always performs better than e.g. Maren Brinker in league, but in NT she just played a couple of rallies in Yeltsin Cup :thumbdown: And Sarah Petrausch was the dominating player of our junior team last summer, but since then she has become worse and worse...Kozuch is good, but she can't do everything alone. Tzscherlich is a very good libero still, but defense does not score points after all. It will be interesting to see how Guidetti will try to solve the problems... ?(

• Yeah, well, it is clear for me that right now the german girls are totaly without confidence, and for that the mistakes show and show. at the begining, I thought maybe Furst absence could be causing that, not only for the incredible players she is, cause indeed she is really important in block and also in attack, cause Weiss have many confidence in her, and that turns German game much faster, but maily cause of Furst absence as a capitan. I think they felt that.

Anyway, it is not justification, this team can do more then what they are doing now, even without Furst.

I like Guidetti some moments, but I dont like this speach he has, like the players are the only one that has foults and should resolve...honestly, I think is coach job to protect the girls in a moment like this, and give them less rpeassure so they can slowly gain confidence again.

Sometimes he just make some bad substitution, that I really can understand.

But anyway, now it is to work hard. The girls have some time till the WCH, and they need to gain confidence agian, that is the main important. They must know they can do it, that they are a good team....only thinking like that they will turn this situation around.

• Germany need to gain confidence quickly because qualification to Gran Prix will not be easy..If they keep playing like this they may lose all the games and they will get to WC with no confidence..

• The problem is, Guidetti does not realize HE must make the 360 turn!!! (and just on a side note, if we turn 360° we will be exactly where we are now again, so 180° would be absolutely enough :lol: )

:lol: That's so funny.. I hope Guidetti and the girls will work this one out.

I really really really hope he will invite some other players again now and not stick to those that played GP. Lina Meyer is one of the best OH in German league since some years and always performs better than e.g. Maren Brinker in league, but in NT she just played a couple of rallies in Yeltsin Cup :thumbdown: And Sarah Petrausch was the dominating player of our junior team last summer, but since then she has become worse and worse...Kozuch is good, but she can't do everything alone. Tzscherlich is a very good libero still, but defense does not score points after all. It will be interesting to see how Guidetti will try to solve the problems... ?(

that reminds me of Hippe, the 19-year girl. I watched her matches in Montreux, YeltsinCup and WGP, and it seems she's good at neither reception nor spike. i'm not sure if Guidetti meant to train her as a rising star. what is funny, in Chinese, "Hippe"'s pronuciation is like "failure in setter-spiker cooperation". well, she really need improvement.
    and Lina Meyer, i wanna know which game was she in during the yeltsin cup so that i can watch the video and does she do well in receiving? since Brinker's reception is bad, i'm afraid of a worse.

• I like Guidetti some moments, but I dont like this speach he has, like the players are the only one that has foults and should resolve...honestly, I think is coach job to protect the girls in a moment like this, and give them less rpeassure so they can slowly gain confidence again.

Sometimes he just make some bad substitution, that I really can understand.

Yep, coaches with such speeches always face more condemnation. in the WGP last year, China lost to Germany, and the ex-coach Cai Bin also blame our players, and fans started going against him. a years later, he's fired.

The most substitution he made in WGP is Hanke and Zaytus substitute for Kozuch and Weiss, it is a common substitution that keep 3 attacking players in the front row.
    Another is Brinker, Beier and Matthes changing each other, it is an interesting phenomenon that sometimes Beier or Matthes gets more points than Brinker. Beier or Matthes has two round joins Kozuch in the front while Brinker has only one. maybe Weiss prefers Kozuch's back-row attack.

i think Guidetti is kinda smart, As i said, Germany has a weak round that Kozuch is in Position 4. In the game vs China, after the failure of 1&2 set, Guidetti changed their starting rotation so that the Chinese server meeting that round changed, too. It was a good attempt and worked.

• I still love Maggie Kozuch. For me she's one of the best terminating opposites right now.

How I wish Germany will have the same in OH. That seems to be the problem right now

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• for me al time fave in german team is kathleen weiss!
    she played a year here in netherlands and is nice and great setter
    by the way anyone know how to get some pics of her i searched google but small images i need them bigger for a shirt i make :)