How to save my Netherland?

• Lose again again again!
    Confidence beaten!
    Laura Dijkema seems really not good.
    Manon Flier looks sad.
    Huurman is too old.
    Selinger don't give blansjar more chance.

Only Wensink&Grothues\Chaine is good.

What will everything going on in WCH?How to save my Netherland?
    Kim?Lonneke?Meijners?Buijs?

Or change a coach?If Netherland can not go to London.I will hate Selinger all my life!

I am lost!

• For all this years, when Sellinger is head coach of Dutch NT he didn't established any alternatives for setters. The same situation is with attackers. For many years Manon Flier has got all attack on her shoulders and if smth would go wrong with her you stay without any good player at this position. I understand, that you are not so big country and it's difficult to find 'girl with capability'. IMO Sellinger knowing about that should look for any new talent for his own.
    Sellinger is taking now that what he sow. I'm so sorry.
    And if you'll lose ticket to WGP 2011, you'll have got 50% less chances for London 2012.

• Wow, so critical, dont' panic. Don't forget that Selinger is the one that made this team in the first place (together with players of course). It's tough playing with a new setter. The way to save 'your' Netherlands is by having some patience. When Kim returns we'll have Dijkema as a stand-in and it'll be better than ever. I am not worried.

• I can understand youw worries, ned, but it's a little Murphy's law at the moment...

In general: I think the loss yesterday against Russia was a huge disappointment mentally...

There are some things I can't agree in general:

1. Why does Stam plan her marriage a week before such an important tournament??? Result: Avital put her on the bench because of lack of preparation!
    2. Why Visser is whole summer off, and now comes in the team? Bad preparation. Rersult: her coöperation with Dijkema is dramatically!

Other things:

1. Flier is in very bad shape. Yesterday against Russia and today as well against Germany
    2. Why is C. Staelens still in starting-six??? Various knee-surgeries made her moving - with all respect - like a giraffe. It's very sad for her, I like her personally very much, but it's better for the team when she is not in starting-6 anymore. She can't make a good hit when the set is not that right..her knees are a problem as well in reception and defence...
    3. Today Laura was badly, but I don't blame her because she does her utmost. It's not her fault Kim decided to get pregnant ;)
    4. Dutch team needs to train defence !!!! I enjoyed Germany's great defence! They defend very well!
    5. Dutch team has lack of spirit! Germany celebrates every point very loud. The Dutch should do that as well!

Grothues played two good matches so far! She is our best wing-spiker at the moment. Flier and Staelens play badly, Stam on the bench :(
    You can clearly see Visser was off during whole summer. She lacks rhytm

All things together result in possible serious(!) consequences for OG 2012.....Selinger should think about some things I wrote above...

About WCH: I am quite sure Buijs, Meijners, Sloetjes and Kim Staelens will not play in WCH...Though we need good wingspikers :mad:

• Kim won't back?OMG!
    Thus Netherland should not go to WCH at all.
    The setter is really bad.
    I don't think she is ready to play in such a high level tourment.
    Buijs\Meijners\Lonneke,without them is also bad bad bad!
    Alice Blom's attack is not enough.And her receive is weak.

What's more?Huurman is also a big problem.

Maybe Dutch girls are not willing to go to London.

• and maybe is not problem in coach, but in mentality of players? or maybe you are freaking to early, or maybe they are not level to make decent result and go in London?!

• and maybe is not problem in coach, but in mentality of players? or maybe you are freaking to early, or maybe they are not level to make decent result and go in London?!

I think that's the problem! Friday they play sometimes really good volleyball. Especially Laura. And after one bad day she is a looser?? No way,be patient on her,she's just 20 years young.

• that's too critical. Please just let laura grow up. as other guys said, she's only 20 yo, and she's doing her best. overall, those reasons you said don't mean the Dutch girls are not willing to go to London at all.

• I think that's the problem! Friday they play sometimes really good volleyball. Especially Laura. And after one bad day she is a looser?? No way,be patient on her,she's just 20 years young.

Friday she is good?
    So many balls not comfortable for Manon Flier.

I have been patient on her for a long long time.
    I really don not know wether Dutch girls have enough time to wait for her.
    2011WGP is sooo important for Dutch girls.
    And now they almost can not get the ticket of it!What a shame!

And until today you guys really don't think Selinger should be responsible for everything?
    He didn't train a back up for Kim.Also for Manon Flier!

Now I am sad but angry!
    Though I still think they are one of the best teams in the world.
    But now i begin to doubt myself.

• that's too critical. Please just let laura grow up. as other guys said, she's only 20 yo, and she's doing her best. overall, those reasons you said don't mean the Dutch girls are not willing to go to London at all.

of course i know they are willing to go to London.
    i myself are dying to see they stand on the court of London.
    but how they played this year really make me feel disappointed.

I just wanna to pray.Maybe pray for a miracle.

• The problem with Manon is that she hadn't played good whole summer,that's not only Laura's problem.
    And what's a long long time for you? She played for 2,5 month in NT, and did you mention what Kim was at that age??
    I know they have a problem with all the players that aren't there, like Floortje,Anne,Elke etc.
    And Avital should do something about it.
    But be patient on Laura alone, she's not the problem at this moment, all the players like Manon, Debby,Chaine were playing bad at the moment.

• The problem with Manon is that she hadn't played good whole summer,that's not only Laura's problem.
    And what's a long long time for you? She played for 2,5 month in NT, and did you mention what Kim was at that age??
    I know they have a problem with all the players that aren't there, like Floortje,Anne,Elke etc.
    And Avital should do something about it.
    But be patient on Laura alone, she's not the problem at this moment, all the players like Manon, Debby,Chaine were playing bad at the moment.

Marieke, we agree! Avital should improve his personal relationship with all(!) good players. It's so sad having Wijnhoven, Meijners, Buijs, even Jans, not available... Like you said all(!) our wingspikers - Flier, Staelens, Stam - are not in shape at the moment...Buijs and Meijners could have been great substitutes in current tournament but we have no good substitutes (though Grothues plays very well)...Even Carlijn Jans could have been a good substite for the weak duo Visser/Huurman now, and she is only 23 years old. The same problem in Men's team..Blangé has a conflict with Horstink/Snippe... I always say the same: we, as a very small country, can't afford not using all(!) our topplayers!!!! Blangé and Selinger should work on the aspect of peoples-management :hit: :hit: Due to their policy the Dutch Men's NT will miss ECH and probably OG 2012 and women's NT will have a very difficult route to OG 2012!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Marieke, we agree! Avital should improve his personal relationship with all(!) good players. It's so sad having Wijnhoven, Meijners, Buijs, even Jans, not available... Like you said all(!) our wingspikers - Flier, Staelens, Stam - are not in shape at the moment...Buijs and Meijners could have been great substitutes in current tournament but we have no good substitutes (though Grothues plays very well)...Even Carlijn Jans could have been a good substite for the weak duo Visser/Huurman now, and she is only 23 years old. The same problem in Men's team..Blangé has a conflict with Horstink/Snippe... I always say the same: we, as a very small country, can't afford not using all(!) our topplayers!!!! Blangé and Selinger should work on the aspect of peoples-management :hit: :hit: Due to their policy the Dutch Men's NT will miss ECH and probably OG 2012 and women's NT will have a very difficult route to OG 2012!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree with you,yes!
    Makes me angry about the people who blame only Laura for this loose . She can't help that the other players are playing so bad .She's almost the youngest one on the court and they have to help her.

• i agree with marieke its not al on laura
    she does her best dont forget she s young and "got trown for the lions cause kim cant play''
    and yes there are some players that are inconsistent then good then shit and yes i would like to see more options for players more substitutes with chances to play as well
    (PLEASE NO THINGS LIKE I HATE SELINGER FOR LIVE AND LAURA THIS COME ON GUYS!)

• i agree with marieke its not al on laura
    she does her best dont forget she s young and "got trown for the lions cause kim cant play''
    and yes there are some players that are inconsistent then good then shit and yes i would like to see more options for players more substitutes with chances to play as well
    (PLEASE NO THINGS LIKE I HATE SELINGER FOR LIVE AND LAURA THIS COME ON GUYS!)

OK
    I have thought for a lot.
    The only thing i can do is wait for her.

• OK
    I have thought for a lot.
    The only thing i can do is wait for her.

I'm glad you say that.Was really angry on you for your words: I hate selinger for live. I think this isn't normal talk on this forum.Critic is ok,but not hate.
    They play good this moment

• I think the only mentality problem there is is with some people here (with all respect). Just have patience. Perhaps the Dutch girl will not make it to the world grand prix; have patience, perhaps they won't make it to London; have patience. When has panicing EVER helped a team?

When human's see somethnig they attach to very dearly being put in danger, they tend to panic and attempt to controle the account by some kind of measure (i.e. "FIRE the coach!" (which I've actually heard people suggest here :P)). Accept that you do not have controle of the outcome. Perhaps the team will go to the olympics, perhaps they won't. Paradoxically, this is the mindset that teams have that evenetually DO end up going to the olympics.

Do not worry about this team, they ARE really good and no single match can change this.

• Strong MB, Consistent Attacker, Good setter and good team play. They already have Flier and Stam but they need consistency all the time. I see them play strong and sometimes not so good.